Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering if I need to go from a 52* & 56* to a 50* & 55*

That's what I'm FINALLY doing to gap better with my 2.0's. Since the PW is 45* I went 50*/55*/60* with the incoming Eidolons, had played alot of different variations from the PW to my EYE2 SW but the gap has just been too much. I think that's a legitimate ponder.

Still pondering C-Taper's. I've got to STOP the tinkering stuff.

That's what I'm FINALLY doing to gap better with my 2.0's. Since the PW is 45* I went 50*/55*/60* with the incoming Eidolons, had played alot of different variations from the PW to my EYE2 SW but the gap has just been too much. I think that's a legitimate ponder.

Still pondering C-Taper's. I've got to STOP the tinkering stuff.

Yes sir. Today was my first round with my set of 2.0's...the PW is 45*. I have a 52* and 56* xFT. I am not liking the 7* gap between the PW and the 52.

Anyone have a recommendation?

I love my 45* PW, 50* GW, then 55* SW, 60* LW setup. I don't mind the 5* gaps one bit.

Yes sir. Today was my first round with my set of 2.0's...the PW is 45*. I have a 52* and 56* xFT. I am not liking the 7* gap between the PW and the 52.

Yup, that's the gap that's been driving me nuts as well. I'm really thinking the 50*/55* is going to be a major improvement for me personally when they get in.

I love my 45* PW, 50* GW, then 55* SW, 60* LW setup. I don't mind the 5* gaps one bit.

Good to hear TC! hehehehe

Perhaphs bend the PW to 46* and the 52* down to 51* then you will have 5* gaps

The 50* GW that matches your set and then 54 and 58? I like having my 50*-ish club match my iron set then roll with 2 'wedges'.

If you like the xFT's then just bend 'em. Be careful though, I had my 52* bent in a different shop than I normally visit, jack@$$ bent it to 47* :banghead: Couldn't figure out why I was hitting it nearly as far as my pitching wedge until I stopped by Golfsmith and had it checked.

The 50* GW that matches your set and then 54 and 58? I like having my 50*-ish club match my iron set then roll with 2 'wedges'.

I went with the 4-PW on the 2.0s, may get the A wedge (50*), and bend the 56* to 52*.

Got some thinking to do.

...just tap it in...

I'm going to go back to playing 50, 54, 60. Thats really my preferred loft setup and I'm not happy with my gaping right now.

Oh its not even out in Japan yet? Guess I need to cancel my flight then.

Haha we should fly to Tokyo and send a bunch crap Back to us haha

I went with the 4-PW on the 2.0s, may get the A wedge (50*), and bend the 56* to 52*.

Got some thinking to do.

...just tap it in...

Ur gonna bend a 56 to 52? What's the bounce? That might be too much?

Ur gonna bend a 56 to 52? What's the bounce? That might be too much?

LOL, sorry about that. Using tapatalk on the iphone...that should have read; Going to bend the 56* to a 55*

My current setup is PW (45*), 52* xFT, 56* xFT.

Pondering:
Drivers: Adams 9088 UL, Cleveland Xl's, Cleveland Black, Ping G20
Irons:Jpx800, R11, CG Black, AP1
Wedges:588's vs CG15
Putter:TM Ghost Spider vs. SeeMore ------
Golfball:Qstar

Too bad half this stuff ain't out yet :(

Any price info or release dates on the cg black driver and fairways?????

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

I discovered recently I can get golf equipment with my airline miles (I've never had any before so never knew). So now I'm pondering, as I can get a cleveland putter I've liked using airline miles....sooooo tempting.

I have thought about picking up a set of R9 TP irons. I feel like I would love to play with more of a players iron than my R9. I have seen them going for about $350 on the bay. Thoughts?

I have thought about picking up a set of R9 TP irons. I feel like I would love to play with more of a players iron than my R9. I have seen them going for about $350 on the bay. Thoughts?

What are your irons not doing for you that you think the TP's would?

I'm pondering a center shafted putter.

I'm pondering my new wedge setup, and thinking a 3 wood is in my future.

What are your irons not doing for you that you think the TP's would?

I am not sure, but I feel like they would be better out of the rough. Since the heads are smaller they would go through easier. Why do people play GE or Blades? I am hitting my irons great and love them, but I feel like I might be missing out on something. I would guess the TPs would be like the new TP MCs.

I am not sure, but I feel like they would be better out of the rough. Since the heads are smaller they would go through easier. Why do people play GE or Blades? I am hitting my irons great and love them, but I feel like I might be missing out on something. I would guess the TPs would be like the new TP MCs.

That's a good point. I don't really know. I think you should just MC it dude. Those are the ones you really want, right?

Posted via Tapatalk

This is a great time for me.. While I LOVE equipment hunting, I am extremely satisfied with my bag right now and have absolutely no drive to pursue different clubs..

I am really excited about putting with a zillion putters next year at the outing though.. I am anticipating it being my favourite part of the demo day.

That's a good point. I don't really know. I think you should just MC it dude. Those are the ones you really want, right?

Posted via Tapatalk

Yeah, I just don't have to money to put towards them right now. I thought the R9s might do for now.

I'm pondering a center shafted putter.

Ever gamed one Hawk? I picked up my first Center shafted putter in the Spider Vicino a while back, and loved it. If it wasnt for my heel shafted Corza Ghost I would still be gaming it right now. I love a center shafted putter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back