Boccieri Heavy Fairway Wood Testers Thread

08302011017.jpg

Took this pic with my cell and it doesn't appear open to me, but again it's hard to tell without the right equipment.

BBB, I read that question and went to the closet to grab my tape measure! Glad I didn't walk to the car, you did a great job capturing that in a simple way, well done.

I don't think the BGHW 3 is closed, maybe a tiny, miniscule open. I went for a quick 1/4 bucket this morning and realized that my best results are when I setup with a slightly open face. If I set it up (to my eye) flat or closed, I will generally pull the ball left or even hook it.

Alright here is a pic of the Boccieri Heavy 5 Wood and my Titleist 910F 3 wood, the 910f is setup square or maybe a little closed at the moment. I know this isnt scientific but to my eye its open a little.
Boccieri Heavy 5 Wood
BoccieriFaceAngle.jpg

910F
910faceangle.jpg

I suppose a simple email to Boccieri Golf might clear up any questions. I looked on the site and didn't see face angle listed in the specs.

Good point BBB.

Also, in regard to the face being either opened/closed, I am trying to get a definitive answer, and maybe someone with more knowledge of Boccieri Golf may know as well. But, when looking a the technology put into the club, especially with the center of balance and the design in the back-weighting, the goal is for this technology to give you a square face at impact, so taking that into consideration, there would be no need to have the face opened or closed.

I have hit clubs that had an open face, and felt that I had less control with them. With the Heavy Wood, I feel that my swing comes around very smooth due to the balance in the club, and I am getting the face square on the ball.

This is one of the things that makes Boccieri so intriguing for a wide variety of players. The clubs are made for a smooth, balanced swing in order to have the club head square at impact.

Alright here is a pic of the Boccieri Heavy 5 Wood and my Titleist 910F 3 wood, the 910f is setup square or maybe a little closed at the moment. I know this isnt scientific but to my eye its open a little.
Boccieri Heavy 5 Wood
BoccieriFaceAngle.jpg

910F
910faceangle.jpg

great comparison shot, all things equal it looks open to me based on yoru pics, but Im hoping Boccieri will be able to tell us definitively.

I hope we can get a answer from Boccieri Golf, maybe i got one thats a little more open than normal, im sure its possible.

Great pix 10 yard, its a good question, because anything open is no good to me and that's something I'd like to know when looking at new clubs

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Great pix 10 yard, its a good question, because anything open is no good to me and that's something I'd like to know when looking at new clubs

yeah same here, my power fade has been discussed enough as is lol

Thanks Matty, Open is very good for me, im a hooker so it helps. Im pretty sure the backweighting and how this club is balanced has more to do with me hitting it straight or a fade rather than drawing/hooking like normal, im sold on the backweigting so far.

Thanks Matty, Open is very good for me, im a hooker so it helps. Im pretty sure the backweighting and how this club is balanced has more to do with me hitting it straight or a fade rather than drawing/hooking like normal, im sold on the backweigting so far.

I love my Cleveland, but it never hurts to try something new, which I plan on if I can find one

Good point BBB.

Also, in regard to the face being either opened/closed, I am trying to get a definitive answer, and maybe someone with more knowledge of Boccieri Golf may know as well. But, when looking a the technology put into the club, especially with the center of balance and the design in the back-weighting, the goal is for this technology to give you a square face at impact, so taking that into consideration, there would be no need to have the face opened or closed.

I have hit clubs that had an open face, and felt that I had less control with them. With the Heavy Wood, I feel that my swing comes around very smooth due to the balance in the club, and I am getting the face square on the ball.

This is one of the things that makes Boccieri so intriguing for a wide variety of players. The clubs are made for a smooth, balanced swing in order to have the club head square at impact.

Did you send an e-mail? I'm just wondering because I cant send one from where I'm at ATM.

I love my Cleveland, but it never hurts to try something new, which I plan on if I can find one

If you can find one you better try it lol, i think you will really enjoy it
Did you send an e-mail? I'm just wondering because I cant send one from where I'm at ATM.

BBB im sending a email right now, i will post once i get a reply which i dont expect tonight

Sorry boys hard drive crashed so I'm gonna be on and off here for the next week while I try to get my old laptop fixed. Phone seems to be working ok soi can at least type some stuff on here...playing tomorrow after work, plan to use the 3w much more than usual, will hopefully report back

BBB, I read that question and went to the closet to grab my tape measure! Glad I didn't walk to the car, you did a great job capturing that in a simple way, well done.

I don't think the BGHW 3 is closed, maybe a tiny, miniscule open. I went for a quick 1/4 bucket this morning and realized that my best results are when I setup with a slightly open face. If I set it up (to my eye) flat or closed, I will generally pull the ball left or even hook it.

Thanks D, it's hard to tell just eyeballin it. You're right about how perceptions about a club can affect the way you hit a club. I'm not a fan of any sort of bias weighting. It can be great for those who have a consistent swing, and a consistent miss, but then they would have to keep that swing flaw otherwise they would have other problems arise. I had a 983k once that seemed like the perfect fix for the times when I tend to push my drives right, but it eventually caused me lots of problems because on a good day I would have to hold off on my release to not hook it badly, which then caused me to block all my other clubs.

I have a question (sorry if I missed it, just skimmed):

How is the launch on this? How does the weighting affect it? I just got the G20 4 wood which raved about the easy high launch, but didn't really deliver on that. I was wondering about this one.

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

How is the launch on this? How does the weighting affect it? I just got the G20 4 wood which raved about the easy high launch, but didn't really deliver on that. I was wondering about this one.

---

It launches high for me, but then everything launches high for me, oftentimes too high. lol I would imagine that the Boccieri FW's would be pretty high launching for just about anyone with the shallow face. I'm sure some of the other testers will reply as well, maybe one of them is also looking for a high launch and soft landing FW, don't want to speak for someone else.

---

Good question Damaikis. I am testing the Heavy 3 Wood, and for me, I am not getting an overly high launch out of the club. The launch and ball flight I have been seeing is a slower, rising launch, with it peaking at a nice height, well above a line drive, but not too much of an arc or "balloon." I have said it before, and will reiterate that here, the ball flight/launch off the Heavy 3 Wood, for me is very nice, as I am not the longest hitter with the 3W, but the ball flight gives a very nice roll out, providing a bit more distance.

It launches high for me, but then everything launches high for me, oftentimes too high. lol I would imagine that the Boccieri FW's would be pretty high launching for just about anyone with the shallow face. I'm sure some of the other testers will reply as well, maybe one of them is also looking for a high launch and soft landing FW, don't want to speak for someone else.

Interesting 3B. Any reason why you think you are getting the higher launch? How does the launch of the Boccieri compare to your previous 3W?

If you can find one you better try it lol, i think you will really enjoy it

BBB im sending a email right now, i will post once i get a reply which i dont expect tonight

Thanks 10yd, interested to find out for sure, though at this point it doesn't really matter to me personally anymore because it seems I have managed to take most, if not all the banana out of my shots with it.

Interesting 3B. Any reason why you think you are getting the higher launch? How does the launch of the Boccieri compare to your previous 3W?

Actually, I hit the Boccieri just a bit lower than my FL, which is a welcome sight to me.
My high ball flight comes from a few different things. First of all it seems to just be a natural thing for me, my ball flight has always seemed to resemble the St Louis arch. Second, I have an upright, steep, swing, though, strangely enough, I almost never take a divot, just scrape, or bruise the grass. Thirdly, I have always struggled with keeping my left wrist firm through impact (IOW Flipping). My "knockdown" shots are like 80' high compared to 100'+. I've seen 45yds as a peak height on an LM many times.

Good question Damaikis. I am testing the Heavy 3 Wood, and for me, I am not getting an overly high launch out of the club. The launch and ball flight I have been seeing is a slower, rising launch, with it peaking at a nice height, well above a line drive, but not too much of an arc or "balloon." I have said it before, and will reiterate that here, the ball flight/launch off the Heavy 3 Wood, for me is very nice, as I am not the longest hitter with the 3W, but the ball flight gives a very nice roll out, providing a bit more distance.

Thanks a lot WE. That's what I like to look for in a FW. I get a similar flight with my 4 wood (G20), but it doesn't rise to a desireable height. I wish this was available to lefties, I would definately try it out!

---

I get a high launch that flattens out and lands very soft, its a thing of beauty! On a side not i woke up this morning and the right side of my face is completely swolen, i think i need this tooth pulled now! Hopefully i get it out today and im playing by saturday or sunday.

---

I too would say that it doesnt have a really high launch. Its a very nice and welcome lower and penetrating ball flight which has given me way more roll than my other 3W. If I do hit a very "high" shot with it, its from the tee and slicing right, which Im working on correcting hopefully

---

For me personally its about a mid launch but depends on a mostly whether I've teed it up or hit it off the deck. When I hit it off the deck (much preferred to me!) I get a pretty nice mid launch that is more of a climbing flight to a nice height to me and then gets a little bit of roll out. It seems to land somewhat softly and the roll is limited (or what seems like not a lot of backspin to my untrained eye). This is what I'm personally looking for most of the time myself. I'd really like to get this on a monitor and compare and that's my next goal. My old Diablo was much higher launching or so it seemed and landed with more backspin.

I too would say that it doesnt have a really high launch. Its a very nice and welcome lower and penetrating ball flight which has given me way more roll than my other 3W. If I do hit a very "high" shot with it, its from the tee and slicing right, which Im working on correcting hopefully
Good to see that you are getting the nice rollout as well. One of my favorite things about this club.
Thanks a lot WE. That's what I like to look for in a FW. I get a similar flight with my 4 wood (G20), but it doesn't rise to a desireable height. I wish this was available to lefties, I would definately try it out!

---

It's nice, thats for sure. Boccieri golf has me intrigued. The tech in their clubs is focused on giving you a square face at impact, and that is something that I have long struggled with when hitting woods and driver. My father-in-law is a lefty, he's been dying to hit this club when we have played, even contemplating working on a right handed swing.

Good to see that you are getting the nice rollout as well. One of my favorite things about this club.

It's nice, thats for sure. Boccieri golf has me intrigued. The tech in their clubs is focused on giving you a square face at impact, and that is something that I have long struggled with when hitting woods and driver. My father-in-law is a lefty, he's been dying to hit this club when we have played, even contemplating working on a right handed swing.

I agree, the roll has allowed it to be closer to distance that my Burner 3W, hoping to get them side by side for a showdown once I can figure this slice off of the tee issue with the boccieri that creeps its ugly head now and again

Back