Journey to Break 85

Walked 10 holes in the pouring rain tonight :) Started on 9 (par 3) and then played the back which is par 34.

Ended up with a 45 (+8) for the 10 holes. 2 pars and 8 bogeys. Best thing is that I had NO doubles. That's big. Should have had a couple more pars, but lipped out some makeable putts. Had a pretty strong draw, otherwise known as a hook, with the long clubs, but it was playable and not severe.

Everything was pretty decent! Left some strokes on the green.

That is awesome Hawk. I hit the range and stank it up. 3 & 4 irons are not my friend so far. :blob:

Correction. That was a 44 (+7). Forgot probably the best hole of the day for me.

360 yard par 4. Playing 370 due to a back pin.

Hooked the driver into the left rough. It was buried in wet, long, nasty grass and I had 160 to the pin. Clubbed up and took the 5 hybrid and put it on the green somehow. About 30-ish feet for birdie. Just wanted to lag it close and I got it inside three feet and actually made the 2nd putt for par.

Damn even better than I thought!! Team THP is going to be tough to beat if you are in the 80's. Congrats buddy. Nothing better than seeing the results after working so hard during the practice. I'm excited for you dude!!:adams:

88 today, my putting killed me, tried the yes putter again, and I just don't think its for me .. now to try the new Cleveland :)

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Which one are you looking at?

Walked 10 holes in the pouring rain tonight :) Started on 9 (par 3) and then played the back which is par 34.

Ended up with a 45 (+8) for the 10 holes. 2 pars and 8 bogeys. Best thing is that I had NO doubles. That's big. Should have had a couple more pars, but lipped out some makeable putts. Had a pretty strong draw, otherwise known as a hook, with the long clubs, but it was playable and not severe.

Everything was pretty decent! Left some strokes on the green.

That's impressive Hawk. PLaying what you are hitting htat day is crucial. Sometimes we get so mixed up in trying to correct the bad shots and should just play what its doing. Work on the consistancy at the range. I love it dude, no doubles!

If I could have just got the face open a bit at impact I would have been good to go. The one time I did that I went down the left side and was in the center of the fairway.

Wow Hawk, sounds like you are really hitting the ball well! I am going to hit the range today, but first I gotta go sit and get an IV for 3 hours, and then go pick up my car. It's only been in the shop for 6 WEEKS!!! For a piddly (sense the sarcasm) $6000, you too can replace the engine in your 21 year old 944! In all seriousness, I am driving it home, and putting it up for sale. Sad to sell my baby, but, what are you going to do.

If I could have just got the face open a bit at impact I would have been good to go. The one time I did that I went down the left side and was in the center of the fairway.

Even better! Small fix it sounds. I like that though. I'd rather just swing away, knowing its a miss but knowing where its gonna end up.

Wow Hawk, sounds like you are really hitting the ball well! I am going to hit the range today, but first I gotta go sit and get an IV for 3 hours, and then go pick up my car. It's only been in the shop for 6 WEEKS!!! For a piddly (sense the sarcasm) $6000, you too can replace the engine in your 21 year old 944! In all seriousness, I am driving it home, and putting it up for sale. Sad to sell my baby, but, what are you going to do.

Yorkster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats up man? Sucks to sell the car dude, I'm in a spot where I have to decide if the Chevelle goes or not... Sucks.

Holy Crap. Sorry to hear you have to get rid of it dude.

Even better! Small fix it sounds. I like that though. I'd rather just swing away, knowing its a miss but knowing where its gonna end up.

The one thing I haven't really changed at all is my grip. It's still on the strong side and I'm curious if weakening it a big would help me from closing the face to much. It's worth a try.

Either way, it was playable.

Yorkster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats up man? Sucks to sell the car dude, I'm in a spot where I have to decide if the Chevelle goes or not... Sucks.

Yup, it blows. Missed you guys the last week or so while I was up in Baltimore. It's good to be back.

You have a good time in B-more?

Awesome dude. Just me and the wife. We brought no computers so we were literally away from work, and the world for a few days. We went to 4 baseball games, including a double header on Sunday, and got together with a friend we hadn't seen in 10 years the night the Hurricane hit, and just got hammered like old times. It was a reallly good break from reality that we both needed.

Holy Crap. Sorry to hear you have to get rid of it dude.

The one thing I haven't really changed at all is my grip. It's still on the strong side and I'm curious if weakening it a big would help me from closing the face to much. It's worth a try.

Either way, it was playable.

I have a fear of messing with my grip. Lol. I got it so bad to the point I was losing distance and Thainer helped me out a lot with it.

Yup, it blows. Missed you guys the last week or so while I was up in Baltimore. It's good to be back.

Missed you too dude!

What year is your Chevelle?

Glad you had a good time man. Also, glad to have you back!

Posted via Tapatalk

Ok seriously pissed off now...ever since that golftec session I've lost my swing. Had a 43 on the front 9 today with only 1 gir...(4 holes I was within 2 feet of the green)

My hips are open at address because of something he said to do and so I'm pulling everything/aiming badly and I can't seem to get back to what I was doing before.

I hate when you are searching for something that you've done right before, but it just won't come to you.

I hate when you are searching for something that you've done right before, but it just won't come to you.

I went from shooting a 74 on a round that should have been better...to shooting a 49 on the front 9...then shooting an 84...and now shooting a 43 on the front 9.

I guess that lesson and then a "break" was a stupid idea.

Ok seriously pissed off now...ever since that golftec session I've lost my swing. Had a 43 on the front 9 today with only 1 gir...(4 holes I was within 2 feet of the green)

My hips are open at address because of something he said to do and so I'm pulling everything/aiming badly and I can't seem to get back to what I was doing before.

I feel your pain - in the opposite direction. I've been playing with an open stance for years as an adjustment for not turning the club over enough at impact. I've been taking lessons and standing more square to the target as a correction, and I've pushed EVERYTHING for months. I think I have it figured out now though, and just had a decent ball striking round with the shots going pretty much where I intended. That's the first time since April that this has happened. What helped me was to concentrate on where my thumbs were at impact. For some reason, that was easier for me to feel and then get my hands in the correct position.

Some GIARS though! Do you have more set up?

Dude...that is a sweet ride. Why haven't you driven it?

Thanks bro.

I had intentions of doing a full restoration with my pops. Those keep getting pushed back :(

I will probably feel stupid for asking this but GIARS?

Going to play a round tomorrow and I am really going to focus on the mechanics...and maybe not play the tips again since I dont use driver.

I will probably feel stupid for asking this but GIARS?

Going to play a round tomorrow and I am really going to focus on the mechanics...and maybe not play the tips again since I dont use driver.

It's actually GAIR

Greens almost in regulation. One of my strengths on the course.

It's actually GAIR

Greens almost in regulation. One of my strengths on the course.

That extends to 25 feet right? :D

btw...girl on ASU's womens team stopped me dead in my tracks...and they were a group behind us...my friend wouldnt play 18 cuz he had class but I need to go back and get her #!

Some GIARS though! Do you have more set up?

I had intentions of doing a full restoration with my pops. Those keep getting pushed back :(

That happens bro, but, that sounds like an awesome project. I hope you get to do it.

Back