Ive been running on Magic Hat #9 last few times out. That and Sam Adams Boston.

Ha! I was talking with a lady at the treasury dept today resetting some login things, magic hat came up during my login settings. Apparently she loves it as well.

--
tapatalk

Its totally a chick beer that this girl Im seeing got me to try. Its delicious. Its got some peachy or apricotty thing to it, but its not girly. Its good.
Ha! I was talking with a lady at the treasury dept today resetting some login things, magic hat came up during my login settings. Apparently she loves it as well.

--
tapatalk

Drank this bad boy over the weekend:
22oz_Parabola-headline.jpg

Very smooth. Deceptively smooth for a 13% beer.

Its totally a chick beer that this girl Im seeing got me to try. Its delicious. Its got some peachy or apricotty thing to it, but its not girly. Its good.

+1 Magic Hat is a phenomenal beer

I just picked up my first 6-pack of Sam Adams Octoberfest of the year this past weekend. It's my favorite of the Sam Adams seasonal beers, so I was happy about that, but also a little distressed that Octoberfest is already in stores, that means summer is close to ending.

Last year I bought enough Octoberfest to keep drinking it until about February, I anticipate I'll do the same thing again this year.

Just stumbled across this thread in wandering the forums during some down time. As a home brewer, it's always good to see some beer enthusiasts. Here's my current batch going on it's fourth month in secondary fermentation. This pic is about a week into it, so that explains why the top layer hasn't settled, yet. It's an imperial stout; 1.13 OG, 13.12 ABV. It's hoppier than most imps at 67.1 IBUs, but I tried something different this time as an experiment after feeling the 45 IBU version last year was missing some bite. Should be bottling in another month, so I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

I am brewing my first beer tomorrow. I am going to do a clone of the Dogfish 60 minute IPA. I am really stoked and can't wait to see how it turns out in a little over a month.

Just stumbled across this thread in wandering the forums during some down time. As a home brewer, it's always good to see some beer enthusiasts. Here's my current batch going on it's fourth month in secondary fermentation. This pic is about a week into it, so that explains why the top layer hasn't settled, yet. It's an imperial stout; 1.13 OG, 13.12 ABV. It's hoppier than most imps at 67.1 IBUs, but I tried something different this time as an experiment after feeling the 45 IBU version last year was missing some bite. Should be bottling in another month, so I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

That sounds really good. Hopefully the malt characteristics will be able to balance that hop explosion. Let those sit in the bottles for a month or two and they should be perfect for those cold winter months ahead (Then again you live in AZ so I doubt you see cold winter months..lol).

This was on a birthday card I got last week. I like the quote.

a5ac0c49.jpg

I am brewing my first beer tomorrow. I am going to do a clone of the Dogfish 60 minute IPA. I am really stoked and can't wait to see how it turns out in a little over a month.

Let me know how it comes out. My wife got me a brew kit a few weeks back, and I am about to brew my first batch of IPA.

Good luck let us know how it turns out. Dogfish head ipa is some good beer.

Thanks guys. I was wanting to go with the 90 minute, but they were out of the kit. Next time.

Thanks guys. I was wanting to go with the 90 minute, but they were out of the kit. Next time.

90 minute is good stuff. I red to find that kit.

...just tap it in...

Extract, full grain or mix?

Extract. I don't have the equipment for all grain.

Tapatalkin

Ahh, gotcha. If you need any help or have any questions, I've been brewing for almost five years, so feel free to ask.

I had a Breckenridge 4u ipa yesterday on tap at a restaurant. It was really good.

Last edited:
The IPA is in its first fermentation now! It has a nice, healthy krausen on top and should be ready to move to the secondary in a week or two. It smell delicious!
63703bfd.jpg

I found a homebrew kit by Brooklyn brew shop that is 40 dollars. It looks nice and it only makes a gallon of beer at a time. Have any of the homebrewers here tried that kit out.

Just found this thread. Dogfish 60 minute is my favorite beer and Laphroig 10 is my favorite scotch.

I just moved the beer over to secondary fermentation last night. It will be ready early next week. I can't wait. I am working hard to finish the keg that is in my kegerator right now. Though job, I know.

786e95d6.jpg

I just moved the beer over to secondary fermentation last night. It will be ready early next week. I can't wait. I am working hard to finish the keg that is in my kegerator right now. Though job, I know.

786e95d6.jpg

Dry hopping it, nice!

786e95d6.jpg

I hope it turns out good. I've been drinking 60 minute ipa this week, love that beer.

I had a Bell's porter and a Founders porter last night. Very good porters. I'm lucky to have a store sown the road from me that has one of the largest selections of craft beer in ohio.

Alright just joined this thread, but man am I excited. Love beer, love trying new beers so any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Guinness tops the list most days, but I really like wheat beers too.

Back