Android vs. iPhone

• Total voters

fishymehta

Ahh... life is good
Reaction score
Handicap
14.0 OOB
Alright guys here's the battle:

What do you prefer, and why? Android or iPhone?

Personally, I have the HTC Evo, and I love it. It's super fast, and the Android is just really sweet. But you know, I have an iTouch, and I definitely prefer the iOS over Android. So my next phone will be an iPhone, providing it's out on Sprint

Alright guys here's the battle:

What do you prefer, and why? Android or iPhone?

Personally, I have the HTC Evo, and I love it. It's super fast, and the Android is just really sweet. But you know, I have an iTouch, and I definitely prefer the iOS over Android. So my next phone will be an iPhone, providing it's out on Sprint

I prefer Android over iOS simply because Android doesn't lock you out. I have the ability to see what processes are running and the memory usage on my phone. I also have the ability to install 3rd party apps and change the theme of the phone. As far as apps/support goes, I don't see much of a difference.

Also, the specs on the Android phones tend to be beefier than the iphone. I can also expand the memory and replace the battery on an android and I can't on an iphone.

I can't really say till ios5 comes out which to me will be a huge impact on the iPhone. I owned the droid1 and I loved it till it started slowing down and then picked up the VZW iPhone day one. I can honestly say I miss the android way of doing notifications/text messages but the iPhone4 is still so smooth and have loved it ever since. But people have different preferences that this debate will never end.

Iphone and if you want more just jailbreak it. Hard to beat the iphone to me.

I prefer Android over iOS simply because Android doesn't lock you out. I have the ability to see what processes are running and the memory usage on my phone. I also have the ability to install 3rd party apps and change the theme of the phone. As far as apps/support goes, I don't see much of a difference.

Also, the specs on the Android phones tend to be beefier than the iphone. I can also expand the memory and replace the battery on an android and I can't on an iphone.

If you jailbreak iOS, you'll have total control, even more than android. And as for apps, trust me, there is plenty more apps on iPhone. And finally, yes, I do like the android on paper, I don't see a big difference in real life. The iPhone's screen is plenty, it looks better, the cameras are equal, and the battery life is much better...

If you jailbreak iOS, you'll have total control, even more than android. And as for apps, trust me, there is plenty more apps on iPhone. And finally, yes, I do like the android on paper, I don't see a big difference in real life. The iPhone's screen is plenty, it looks better, the cameras are equal, and the battery life is much better...

Not if you compare apples to apples. If you root an Android it is even more open than a jailbroken IPhone.

And while the IPhone has more apps, most good apps are available for both.
I dont think the IPhone screen is better than the 4" screens that are coming out right now. Some of them are incredible.
Right now there is absolutely no notification bar on an IPhone.
And finally, if you like a tactile keyboard that is not on IPhone either.

I am really considering one of the new smart phones for KellyBo and I. DawgDaddy was using his on the golf course today, as a GPS unit and the thing worked great! I was impressed to say the least.

Ole Gray SmartPhone

1274806617-redneck_iphone.jpg

I had a jailbroken iPhone before getting my Samsung that I rooted within an hour of purchase and android wins hands down. Even after the jailbreak the iPhone is still limited to what you can do because of no ability to add memory. Once the Droid is rooted the options are almost limitless. As was mentioned the screens coming out on Droid are really awesome.

I love my HTC Desire Z (G2) with the Andoid OS, I have a irrational grudge against apple products. I have been an Android user since the day it came out on the G1, and have never looked back.

Not if you compare apples to apples. If you root an Android it is even more open than a jailbroken IPhone.

And while the IPhone has more apps, most good apps are available for both.
I dont think the IPhone screen is better than the 4" screens that are coming out right now. Some of them are incredible.
Right now there is absolutely no notification bar on an IPhone.
And finally, if you like a tactile keyboard that is not on IPhone either.

Ahahaha you caught me JB. But I personally love the Retina display on the iPhone, and can definitely tell the difference over my Evo. And to be honest, those bigger 4.3" screens really drain battery life. And yes, while you're right about most apps being on both, what about some good golf apps? I am going to miss the notifications bar, especially the custom one on my rooted Evo. As for the tactile keyboard, I don't really care one way or another, it's just a "convenience" of sorts. I don't know, as of now, I'm sticking with Android, but I will switch if the iPhone 5 comes out for Sprint, and it has the features the rumors are talking about

iPhone or Android: What's your cup of Tea?

iPhone or Android: What's your cup of Tea?

I've had an iPhone since the 3G, recently dabbled in the Galaxy SII, then Skyrocket, now I imported the Galaxy Nexus to work on AT&T. I Gotta say, I'm sorry I didn't make the switch sooner. Really enjoy the openness of the android platform. It's nice not having to look at 16 tiles of the same crap on every screen.

I'm an iPhone guy. I think the iPhone os runs more smoothly then android.

I've had an iPhone since the 3G, recently dabbled in the Galaxy SII, then Skyrocket, now I imported the Galaxy Nexus to work on AT&T. I Gotta say, I'm sorry I didn't make the switch sooner. Really enjoy the openness of the android platform. It's nice not having to look at 16 tiles of the same crap on every screen.

Dont forget your three extra batteries, two chargers and a solar panel to keep that bad boy running ;)

I think all the above choices are pretty turd like and have crippling deficiencies. Just absolutely horrid choices.

Apple...I prefer forged offerings.

I think all the above choices are pretty turd like and have crippling deficiencies. Just absolutely horrid choices.

hee hee

Sent from TMex's iPhone 5

Dont forget your three extra batteries, two chargers and a solar panel to keep that bad boy running ;)

Yeah then just get a the key to unlock your tied down piece of retna display..

I am rocking the Iphone 4S, IPad 2 and I am looking at at Mac Book

I used to have the android powered htc evo 4g and it was nice and all cool features , I however now have the iPhone 4s and I'm never going back. I now have a phone that's battery can last all day and also never locks up or has any glitches . Games and apps are far more refined and plane and simple the iPhone does a lot and it does it well no issues yet and I got mine when they first hit the stores I preordered it. First iPhone , never going back.

Yeah then just get a the key to unlock your tied down piece of retna display..

Go bbm ..... with... oh wait there's no one left on bbm hee hee

Go bbm ..... with... oh wait there's no one left on bbm hee hee

There's some of us! Lol. I think. But really this poll is incomplete. Who even uses IO-turd or Androppings anymore?

Droid for me. I own Apple nothing. Not bad stuff I guess, I'm just not willing to pay they're price.

There's some of us! Lol. I think. But really this poll is incomplete. Who even uses IO-turd or Androppings anymore?

Its time. BRO HUGZ! With a killer Z on the end.

Back