Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck TC with whatever is next for you

Thanks man, I have something waiting in the wings that I'm very familiar with and very good at :thumb:

Ugh. That is a rotten feeling, TC. Good luck dude and I'm happy for you. I know that this one wasn't really a good match for you at all.

Ugh. That is a rotten feeling, TC. Good luck dude and I'm happy for you. I know that this one wasn't really a good match for you at all.

It really wasn't dude. I've learned a lot though and ultimately, I decided to choose time with my family over work. I don't think you can put a price on that to be honest. I've been working long/hard hours for nothing it seems like. I choose to work to live and not live to work bro.

that's big of you TC.....Good luck man, karma knows what's going on and that move won't go unnoticed

I'm resigning from my job today. It's a good thing but I'm ranting b/c the owner has been busy all damn morning. I prefer to do things face to face and I've been sitting here for almost two hours now, waiting for my opportunity. I hate this feeling.

Best of luck TC!! I know you have not been happy, hopefully the other opportunity happens and you can be happy once again. Work to live is the right option.

Good luck TC. I remember you mentioned in another thread that you have some good news but couldn't spill it yet. I assume this is related in some way?

It really wasn't dude. I've learned a lot though and ultimately, I decided to choose time with my family over work. I don't think you can put a price on that to be honest. I've been working long/hard hours for nothing it seems like. I choose to work to live and not live to work bro.

I'm the exact same way. I changed careers for that exact reason and have no intention of being tied to a high hour job.

Great decision TC. When I found out my wife was pregnant with our first, I decided it was time for a change. Stopped the weekly travelling, the 70+ hour work weeks, and found something close to home. It's the best decision I have ever made, I am a better husband and father today because of it. Happy for you, best of luck.

Good on ya man! No way to get that time back once it's gone.

I'm resigning from my job today. It's a good thing but I'm ranting b/c the owner has been busy all damn morning. I prefer to do things face to face and I've been sitting here for almost two hours now, waiting for my opportunity. I hate this feeling.

Good for you dude. You're going to much happier and I'll be sending prayers your way everything works out.

Thanks man, I have something waiting in the wings that I'm very familiar with and very good at :thumb:

I hope it is golf related.

I love doing work that no one seems to recognizes yet when others do the same or similar work it gets recognized....thanks #whybother

Damn dude, I know this will make you happier with work but it sucks that this endeavor didn't pan out for you like we had thought it might. I know you'll be happier though, good luck buddy!

It's not, he said it was something he's good at.

ZING!!!!!

nice one putting4zingers.... countdown to TC being introduced as a full time THPer?

THe principle over my shoulder. How can I surf THP with him watching?

No golf related job guys. I appreciate all the kind words and encouragement.

I'm officially resigned and my new job starts Tuesday. I'm going to golf my ass off over the weekend.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I'm officially resigned and my new job starts Tuesday. I'm going to golf my ass off over the weekend.

headed back to the old stomping grounds?

Thats awesome man! Good for you! Enjoy the time with your family and on the course. That's fantastic.

Woot. Yay for TC!

headed back to the old stomping grounds?

yeah bro. My old boss had been in touch with me and they sweetened the pot. I'm pretty pumped about it to be honest. They're giving me all the time I had earned, plus bumping my base and meeting my demands on my commission plan. It would be stupid not to go back to be honest.

So, I needed a vehicle. I sold mine when I started the gig. Pretty cool to turn in your resignation then turn around and by a car, huh?

yeah bro. My old boss had been in touch with me and they sweetened the pot. I'm pretty pumped about it to be honest. They're giving me all the time I had earned, plus bumping my base and meeting my demands on my commission plan. It would be stupid not to go back to be honest.

So, I needed a vehicle. I sold mine when I started the gig. Pretty cool to turn in your resignation then turn around and by a car, huh?

That probably lessened the sting for the ex-boss a little bit :)

Congrats man - that is great news!! Cheers to a better work-life balance and more golf!

That probably lessened the sting for the ex-boss a little bit :)

He completely understood. He made it easy to leave to be honest. Gave me a heck of a deal too bro!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back