Bridgestone Surpasses 135,000 Consumer Ball-Fittings

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
#1 BALL-FITTER IN GOLF SURPASSES 135,000 CONSUMER BALL-FITTINGS MILESTONE; 1.5 MILLION MILES DRIVEN, 1.6 MILLION GOLF BALLS STRUCK​

Covington, Ga. — Bridgestone Golf, the #1 Ball-Fitter in Golf, announced today that it recently completed its one hundred and thirty-five thousandth live in person ball-fitting. The “Bridgestone Challenge,” the company’s in-person, free, live launch monitor-based golf ball-fitting program has been educating golfers on how to find the right ball for their game since 2007. Now with 25 teams throughout the United States, Bridgestone Golf fits an average of 1,500 golfers per week, during the golf season.

Unlike other brands' "ball-fitting" programs, the Bridgestone Challenge encourages golfers to test competitors' golf balls against the recommendation made by Bridgestone's expert ball-fitting technicians. Over the course of 135,000 golf ball fittings, Bridgestone found that a majority ofgolfers tested were playing a ball not optimized for their swing characteristics. In roughly 20% of the fittings Bridgestone advised the golfer to stick with their current golf ball, a competitor's product.

"We believe that our technology and product quality is superior, and we have no problem testing Bridgestone balls against competitive models," said Dan Murphy, Vice President of Marketing – Bridgestone Golf, Inc. "Ball Fitting is about educating consumers. We are not just telling golfers that Bridgestoneoffers a more complete range of products for all skill levels, we are showing them."

#1 Ball-Fitter in Golf FunFacts

* Bridgestone Ball-Fitters have conducted fittings in all 50 of the United States
*Since the beginning in 2007, over 1.6 million golf shots have been struck as part of the Bridgestone Challenge.
*While the U.S. Space Program may currently be grounded, Bridgestone's ball-fitting experts could have traveled to the Moon and back 3 times, having logged more than 1,576,413 miles on America's roadways over the last 4.5 years.

For more information on the Bridgestone Challenge and a schedule of upcoming fittings visit www.bridgestonegolf.com.

Very cool.

Wow! This is very impressive. My hats off to Bridgestone for their excellent work

I had the opportunity to be one of those 135,000 and am very impressed with this offering that Bridgestone provides to regular hackers like us for FREE!

Never been through their official ball testing but online it is a nice tool to have.

That is very cool, great work Bridgestone! If you haven't done one do yourself a favor and get out and do it! Live or online, they're very cool and very helpful.

I went through it as well as my daughter. We had a very pleasant experience and it was extremely interesting. My data really surprised in a good way from one point and in a bad way from another. Before the on site fitting I went through the online fitting and the result was a bit different. I have fitted myself to b330-s while on site it resukted in b330. So i would definitely recommend to attend one

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Cool, now if I can only find a fitting that is actually close to me and at a time I can make it, haha.

Very nice! Their fittings did wonders for my game, not to mention the great balls!

I did the fitting a few months ago and it proposed the 330RX, what a great ball. I am just torn between the RX and another brand but the RX does exactly what I want in a ball. Great job Bridgestone!

Love the B330S. Did an online fitting and called B-stone. Elliot is a great guy to talk to. Did the fitting session and B330S was the winner again.

Never seen a live fitting in my area to attend. I would really like to though. I did the online fitting but after I had actually hit that ball I did not like it and went back to the V1. But now after the blind ball review I have a box of the RX to try out.

Thats awesome, Congrats Bridgestone!

Very impressive, I know I'm two of those thousands.

I've been lucky enough to take the Bridgestone Challenge; increased my drives from 270 yds carry with the ProV1x to 280 yds carry with the B330S...the numbers don't lie :)

I've done it and they have no fear in recommending a different ball. Guy before me was using some sort of Callaway ball and the rep told him to stick with it. Very worthwhile if you have a chance to do a live fitting.

All those & im not 1 of them. Soon i hope

There's a fitting coming here September 11th & I'm definitely there. I'm loving the Z-Star but I'm curious to know if its THE best considering how good its working for me in both distance & spin respects.

*Spin em long*

Wow. That's a lot of fittings.

Back