TaylorMade R11 Irons Reviews

Something I've been wondering about is the consistent distance dispersion of R11 vs the 2.0's. Can someone give me a tangible reason for that? I've noticed some longer than normal shots with the 2.0's that I just shook off as great contact or perfect swing etc etc. Several I talked with at the MC spoke to the same things and related that as in this thread that they hadn't seen that with the R11.

I'm guessing it may be somehow related to weighting of the clubs being different for forgiveness purposes but if someone has some insight, please share.

I'm excited for these to come out. My brother has been looking for some new irons and liked the 2.0's but wanted something with a bit of a smaller profile. I think these will be the ticket for him.

Something I've been wondering about is the consistent distance dispersion of R11 vs the 2.0's. Can someone give me a tangible reason for that? I've noticed some longer than normal shots with the 2.0's that I just shook off as great contact or perfect swing etc etc. Several I talked with at the MC spoke to the same things and related that as in this thread that they hadn't seen that with the R11.

I'm guessing it may be somehow related to weighting of the clubs being different for forgiveness purposes but if someone has some insight, please share.

Good question. Im interested in that to. Hate when one flys 10-15 yards farther than normal distance.

Yeah, I've experienced that too with the 2.0s. But not just the 2.0s, also the CG16s, the Cobra S3s and other "distance irons" I've tried over the last year. If the R11s provide more consistent distance control than those sets I just mentioned, but keeps the forgiveness and distance comparable to the distance sets, its a winner for sure. The reason I'm still gaming the TM MCs over one of the sets mentioned above is that they do provide me with better distance dispersion. I think that benefit is outweighing the lack of forgiveness when it comes to my scoring.

If the R11 can provide both, well, I may be making a switch.

Yeah, I've experienced that too with the 2.0s. But not just the 2.0s, also the CG16s, the Cobra S3s and other "distance irons" I've tried over the last year. If the R11s provide more consistent distance control than those sets I just mentioned, but keeps the forgiveness and distance comparable to the distance sets, its a winner for sure. The reason I'm still gaming the TM MCs over one of the sets mentioned above is that they do provide me with better distance dispersion. I think that benefit is outweighing the lack of forgiveness when it comes to my scoring.

If the R11 can provide both, well, I may be making a switch.

Thanks, I have heard the same of the CG16's but not much about S3's...granted their 2.0 clones :alien: The distance dispersion is the reason I went with the JPX 800's initially but as my swing changed I found the 2.0's to suit me better.

I never really had the whole flier issue with the 2.0's, but even still, the R11's are just sick. I mean, you get 2.0 distance in a sleeker package! It's these reasons alone why I like the RXT's so much.

Wow, I dismissed the occasional flyer as really good contact myself and still think that may be the case. I hit an 8 iron the other day 150 and its my usual 140 club, the contact was pure though and hardly felt the ball make contact. the flight was high and long as well. I'm very curious about the R11's if you guys are claiming better accuracy.

Wow, I dismissed the occasional flyer as really good contact myself and still think that may be the case. I hit an 8 iron the other day 150 and its my usual 140 club, the contact was pure though and hardly felt the ball make contact. the flight was high and long as well. I'm very curious about the R11's if you guys are claiming better accuracy.

I feel the same way Degoins. I've never had the issue myself because I have probably not made good contact lol. Tried to see the R11's this past week at Golfsmith but they didn't have them yet. :disapointed:

I played today and going in I thought it was going to be a good day because I thought I had my distances down with these irons but I was dead wrong. I was long all day, and just flushing the ball, I'm not ready to update my yardages as I'm going to have to spend more time on the range now to really figure it out. What I learned today from my round was that the dispersion with these irons is incredible, I don't really see a fade or a draw, just a straight ball for the most part, high and long. I'm IN LOVE with these irons.

[YOUTUBE]SW_g0U7B93Y[/YOUTUBE]

Holy crap dude thats a big shot. Whats your standard yardage with the 9i? I heard you say two club wind.

Great video coolbreeze. I can't wait to see these in person.

Holy crap dude thats a big shot. Whats your standard yardage with the 9i? I heard you say two club wind.

To be honest I don't know right now. I'm currently playing it as my 145 carry club, but I don't even know if thats right.

To be honest I don't know right now. I'm currently playing it as my 145 carry club, but I don't even know if thats right.

Youre hitting them well man. Loved the video.

I played today and going in I thought it was going to be a good day because I thought I had my distances down with these irons but I was dead wrong. I was long all day, and just flushing the ball, I'm not ready to update my yardages as I'm going to have to spend more time on the range now to really figure it out. What I learned today from my round was that the dispersion with these irons is incredible, I don't really see a fade or a draw, just a straight ball for the most part, high and long. I'm IN LOVE with these irons.

[YOUTUBE]SW_g0U7B93Y[/YOUTUBE]

beautiful shot CB and and even better club twirl!

Great videos CB. 180 yard 9I is impressive. Did I say I wanted to wager against you? I must be crazy.:beat-up:

Nice videos CB. That's a beautiful course.
I'm so glad you're having phenomenal success with the R11s and you seem really excited. Hope you get those distances dialed. 9 iron to 190 yards, even downhill and downwind is pretty awesome.

Another R11 video on 18, ended up being gps'ed at 135 yards, I'm going to guess in was 125 carry.

[YOUTUBE]EBjkm2EssTE[/YOUTUBE]

Wow! That's incredible! Thanks for sharing.

Great stuff CB. Nice video.

So where's the next video CB? I'm enjoying riding along on your round.

So where's the next video CB? I'm enjoying riding along on your round.

LOL, thanks man, I put up some more video in another thread, but those were the only R11 videos for today. They are freaking awesome though.

Well played. I would have been @#$%ed with a bug on my arm! Great video!

You're killing me with these awesome videos CB! I'm soooo pondering these irons!

Awesome vids CB. I've started saving money for a new set of irons for next season. These R11s look like the real deal and I can't wait to hit them.

Back