Help Needed with my Distance

AdamsGirl

Reaction score
Handicap
Improving
9I and I went to the simulator today. Here's how the day went.

I was playing my Senior Flex Adams a7OS Driver and 3W and have some concerns on my stats but don't know what to think of them and was wondering if I could get some help to make some sense of them.

Here are my stats from today.

Driver averages:
Distance = 119 yards
Club Speed = 67.6
Launch Angle = 22.2
Back Spin = 3750

3W averages (off the tee):
Distance = 114 yards
Club Speed = 60.2
Launch Angle = 19.1
Back Spin = 2099

3W averages (off the deck):
Distance = 100 yards
Club Speed = 57.5
Launch Angle = 11.5
Back Spin = 2053

I know that my biggest problem with my driver is my launch angle. I tried the Ladies Burner SuperFast 10.5* at Golf Town about 2-3 weeks ago and I was getting about 150 yards in distance and my club speed was about the same as today (65-67). I'm not too sure if I should switch my driver or if there is something that I can do to improve my swing with my driver to lower my launch angle.

In regards to my 3W, I am consistent in the results that I get with my distance and accuracy (shown below) and I am wondering if there is anything that I could do to increase my distance seeing as my accuracy is under control.

Rescue026.jpg

Thanks!

I am very concerned with the launch angle and spin rate with the driver. My fear is your swing has become all arms and hands with not enough body rotation. Any chance of getting a video of the swing?

I don't have one right now but we have plans to get out to the simulator next weekend and I can get one of my swing then. I'll upload it as soon as I get back from the sim.

Thanks for the help with that and I look forward to getting the video.

Hi Andy,

Very sorry for the delay. Here are some videos taken a couple weeks ago showing AG's swing.

Thanks for the video. My biggest concern right now is the lateral movement in the swing which is limiting your turns. In you video from the front you can see just how much your body moves back (sway) versus a turn to get to the top and then it is more of a slide through. This is forcing you to flip or throw the hands to get the club on the ball, and this is where the spin and lack of distance is coming from.

Lets start with the sway back. Around the house get into your setup with a chair or the back of a couch against the outside of your right leg. As you turn to the top of your back swing feel your right leg slide along the chair as you TURN to the top. With your current move you would be pushing against the chair. Get this feel grooved. To do this on the range a club shaft/tour stick in the ground outside your right leg will do the same thing. Work on this for a bit and when it feels better I will get you a couple other things to work on.

Back