Ping Anser Putter Sound & Feel

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
With some people discussing the different sounds and feels they like about the Redwood and the new Anser Milled, THP decided to shoot a fun video that showcases the two different sounds that these putters make and how that might translate into the feel.

If you turn the sound up, you can hear the subtle differences completely.

good stuff JB. There does seem to be a difference in the sound.

On a side note, Marcawesome still doesn't believe that you got all those putts to the hole.

Wow, there really is a substantial difference in the sound. Is that caused from material type or just thickness/shape of the sweet spot area, etc?

Yeah, you can totally hear the difference. Awesome video dude. Thanks for doing that. Love the videos!

• Admin
Wow, there really is a substantial difference in the sound. Is that caused from material type or just thickness/shape of the sweet spot area, etc?

Both are 303 stainless.
Weighting, subtle differences in shape, etc.
All create different sound which then creates different feel.

Thanks for the video JB, loved watching that. The difference is clear as day when you hear them side by side like that.

Thanks for the video, I love the looks of both putters and can about imagine how great they feel.

So JB, which do you prefer?

As we've seen mentioned before, a lot of the time the perception of the sound equates to feel.

Particularly for amatuers, if I remember correctly.

So JB, which do you prefer?

I dont know yet actually. I kind of like them both. But as some might say, I like me some putters. And like Ping putters quite a bit.
If I had to choose right now, I would say Redwood, but this new line is intriguing and I made 11 in a row with it just before going on camera (3 out of 4 on camera).

The Anser is gorgeous looking to me. I also much preferred the sound it produced.

I've been waiting for this putter to come out for quite sometime. Although I may not have the $$$ to buy it right now, I'm excited and hopeful for a THP review. Gave up my Ping putter for the TM Corza but I'm always ready to try me some new putters.

Such beautiful style. I only wish I could roll one.

thanks for the video JB.

Thanks for the video, they both are pretty different sounding.

that's quite a difference in sound between both puters....great video JB!

With some people discussing the different sounds and feels they like about the Redwood and the new Anser Milled, THP decided to shoot a fun video that showcases the two different sounds that these putters make and how that might translate into the feel.

If you turn the sound up, you can hear the subtle differences completely.

Which one is forged? :D

Thats a very interesting test. I love the robocup ball return thing though.

Have to say, I'm really digging the Anser there. I've rolled a Redwood before but the sound/feel wasn't quite there. The sound of the Anser though is much more what I'm looking for.

Aside from the major aspect of sound to feel, is this more of a mushy putter like the XG or closer to something like a Betti or the Redwood it's self? I would suspect the later but I won't get to chance to roll one for a bit and find them very intriguing.

I think they both have very firm feels. Something I myself like, but as the sound you can hear says, the Redwood has a deeper, fuller sound and the Anser has that nice crisper sound.

Great video JB - I've thought about pulling the trigger on a Redwood for some time now. Then the Anser line came out and I wanted one of those..... love the look of both of them. I don't want my Odyssey to get jealous though.....

Very cool video. Going off of sound alone, I think I would choose the Anser. This makes me want to run to the golf shop and try them. Seeing the robocup has me in ponder mode for the green in the basement.

From day 1 I have loved the sound and feel of the Redwood series. While listening to this vid I closed my eyes to really focus in on the sound - and again just very much preferred the sound of the Redwood. It is richer and fuller sounding to me - more pleasing.

I think they both have very firm feels. Something I myself like, but as the sound you can hear says, the Redwood has a deeper, fuller sound and the Anser has that nice crisper sound.

Excellent. The last thing I like is playing a mushy putter, especially when most of the balls I use these days already have a very soft cover. If I haven't practiced in awhile it does "interesting" things to my distance control. Plus the click is much more pleasing to me.

Cheers for the video JB!

I didn't much like the Anser irons but the wedges and putters are certainly turning my head.

Thanks for posting this JB. I could never get along with the Redwoods for whatever reason. I will definitely roll an Anser when I get a chance. When talking anser style putters there are so many out there it's tough for one to rise above the rest. Little tests like what you posted definitely help sort through things.

Back