Cleveland Golf Launcher DST Hybrid Review

The more I use this hybrid, the more it is firmly planted in my bag. I just love it that much. Working on reviewing a couple of other hybrids now and 1 is really good and 1 is just average. It just makes me miss my DST more when it is not in the bag.

The more I use this hybrid, the more it is firmly planted in my bag. I just love it that much. Working on reviewing a couple of other hybrids now and 1 is really good and 1 is just average. It just makes me miss my DST more when it is not in the bag.

You hit that thing solid too! So Im curious whats in testing now. Williams has to be one...

Yes, by quite a bit for my game.

Im testing the Williams and Cobra

Tells me exactly what I need to know

so what does it take to knock a favorite club out of your bag? a certain wow factor?

Tells me exactly what I need to know

You can be the judge for yourself at the outing....Oh wait, no, not every company will send demo stuff for actual consumers to try. haha

so what does it take to knock a favorite club out of your bag? a certain wow factor?

Its all about the numbers on the launch monitor. Always base it strictly on the numbers.

My father loves his DST 1i that I got him for fathers day. If I didn't love my fybrid so much I would put one in the bag.

I tried this hybrid on the strength of these reviews. I hated it. Compared with the Tour edge exotics XCG-3, the feel was clunky and heavy. I hit hybrids and woods well and consistently, so control wasn't an issue with either. I wanted to try this one because I've been using TEE for my hybrids since I started using them a few years ago. Plus, the 3 hybrid from TEE is an 18 degree, and I felt like I wanted to see if the Launcher's 20.5 would help it stop more. I guess the extra loft helped some, but I hated the feel and I lost about 15 yards of distance. The distance loss I expected since TEE is longer with a stronger loft, but after hitting both a lot, I feel like an identically lofted XCG-3 would go further.

I tried this hybrid on the strength of these reviews. I hated it. Compared with the Tour edge exotics XCG-3, the feel was clunky and heavy. I hit hybrids and woods well and consistently, so control wasn't an issue with either. I wanted to try this one because I've been using TEE for my hybrids since I started using them a few years ago. Plus, the 3 hybrid from TEE is an 18 degree, and I felt like I wanted to see if the Launcher's 20.5 would help it stop more. I guess the extra loft helped some, but I hated the feel and I lost about 15 yards of distance. The distance loss I expected since TEE is longer with a stronger loft, but after hitting both a lot, I feel like an identically lofted XCG-3 would go further.

I would expect distance loss going from an 18 to a 20.5. I mean that is close to the difference between iron/hybrid lofts.

I have both and VERY MUCH prefer the DST Launcher in looks, feel, and sound. Is it possible that since you have only used TEE hybrids since you switched to hybrids, that anything would feel "off"?

That is what makes this game great though, different strokes for different folks.

I would expect distance loss going from an 18 to a 20.5. I mean that is close to the difference between iron/hybrid lofts.

I have both and VERY MUCH prefer the DST Launcher in looks, feel, and sound. Is it possible that since you have only used TEE hybrids since you switched to hybrids, that anything would feel "off"?

That is what makes this game great though, different strokes for different folks.

Yep heck an 18 degree is a 5 wood whil 20.5 is more like a real 3 iron so 15 yards is pretty much exactly what you should have between clubs.

Not trying to resurrect a dead thread but I had a question about flex in the 2010 DST Hybrid. I often go with a stiffer flex (s) in hybrids than my low 90s driver SS might warrant because control matters more to me than distance. I was wondering if anyone played a S shaft in this hybrid with roughly my swing speed of 90-95 Driver and 85 6i. My tempo is not particularly aggressive.

Thanks.

Not trying to resurrect a dead thread but I had a question about flex in the 2010 DST Hybrid. I often go with a stiffer flex (s) in hybrids than my low 90s driver SS might warrant because control matters more to me than distance. I was wondering if anyone played a S shaft in this hybrid with roughly my swing speed of 90-95 Driver and 85 6i. My tempo is not particularly aggressive.

Thanks.

I have a friend that did that very thing. It kept his ball flight down, but it was very stout for him. I found the DST shaft pretty stout overall (strictly my opinion). Can you hit both on a monitor and see the tempers?

Thanks.

The DST comes with the Dianama shaft which I thought played a bit stiffer than usual. I also hovered around that swing speed that would be regular or stiff and recently decided to go the regular side. I find that the regular shaft gives me the control that you might be looking for as a stiff shaft if too stiff will tend to leave your shots out to the right. I hope that was not too confusing.

I have a friend that did that very thing. It kept his ball flight down, but it was very stout for him. I found the DST shaft pretty stout overall (strictly my opinion). Can you hit both on a monitor and see the tempers?

Actually, I ordered the 20.5 in regular figuring that's what I needed and they sent a stiff. Evidently, it was all they had left and I got it new for around $60 so I'm trying to decide if I open it and try it or return it for the refund. I've got the same situation with my A7s where I went stiff and the stock axivcore's play a bit stout for me. I am able to get the lower, straight trajectory but I have to put an "out of my tempo" swing on them.

JB, I know that you hit a lot of these and I know that you played the DST for awhile so I think that I'm going to ship it back. Thanks!

Thanks.

I used to have about the swing speed you have (I think my SS is creeping up as I get better), and I have the 2-iron DST in stiff flex. I never had any troubles with this shaft being too stiff, or not being able to get the ball elevated. I can say this, I sure like this club. It's really saved my bacon plenty of times. Plenty forgiving, and when you catch one flush, it really flies.

Back