What is the best part of your game?

What is the best part of your game?

• Total voters
Putting, though it was a bit suspect the last time out. Not that I'm good enough to sink 50 footers but I can usually lag it up close to make a 4' with general ease.

Wedges and short irons.

Tap before talk.

I really had to think about it. It isn't that everything is great, it is that nothing is terrible. I just keep telling myself it is early, it is early, it is early. It makes hunting the woods for your golf balls more soothing.

I replied putter, but the truth is that I miss a lot of GIR and make par a lot with my chipping around the green getting it close enough to tap in for par. The greens I do hit, I almost never 3 putt. One wierd note. Outside of 25 ft, I lag put with one hand (left) and it usually rolls in tight. Probably not good practice, but it works for me mostly.

Wedges. I wish I could better translate the touch shots to my full swing with other clubs.

I absolutely crush my driver, but my short game is my bread and butter. Wedges and putter are definitely the strength of my game day in and day out.

I have to say my Hybrids , since I got them they have just clicked with me . They are confidence builders .

Wedges for me. Of course these are what I have the most practice with. If you want to work on short game see if there are any good par 3s around with great prices. In Spokane, we have Chester Creek Par 3 and it is only $15 to play all day. It is usually pretty quiet playerwise so you can hit 3-5 balls on each hole.

Driver. Not long anymore, but it stays in play. I can work it left really well, and can draw it if I need to.

8i and in are also strong.

Some struggles on the green and the longer clubs in the last year. I'll be fixing that. I'm competing in a two day Ryder Cup style event in August so I need to round out my game.

Kevin

Is there an "other" category? I am a freak of nature when it comes to driving the cart.

That and I can hit putts.

I'm pretty hard to beat at runnin' the laser range finder......
I voted putter. Definitely the strongest part of my game.

Driver. I asked Darren since he plays with me a lot and he agrees.
But I have been pretty good with my wedges lately. But I voted driver.

I'm amazing with the driver now that I've learned to hit it and I hit it well. My driver is the only club that will go straight. Go figure :) my short game is pretty decent too, except for putting. But now that I've switched to a blade putter, my putting has been getting a little better but not as superb as the BF's putting.

thats awesome! Anthony Kim was asked this question and he said driver too! its his straightest club- i wish i could say the same. Its my LEAST straightest. :banghead:

I can make tee times and hold the flagstick like no other, anything past that its a crap shot.

Seriously though I've been really putting in the work on my greenside shots, practice routine is getting better but its still hit and miss on the course. The sand game is really coming around since my little epiphany last week ago.

I fear no sand!

What epiphany? i love to hear Sand stories!

all those that said putter: were you always a good putter... did you practice and learn it later? any tips for someone who wants to improve their putting?

all those that said putter: were you always a good putter... did you practice and learn it later? any tips for someone who wants to improve their putting?

Ive just always been fortunate that I've had a really good natural feel on the greens for tempo and what I need to do. I never stand over a putt too long, it's get my first read and go. When I stay over one too ling bad things happen, see it feel it and go for me.

I mean, if I did the JB Holmes thing I'd probably have 50 putts per round and an added 1 and a half hours to my round lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting that the ladies who responded said driver was their strength but a lot of the men say they struggle with it.

I said it was my strength because I'm pretty accurate with it MOST days. I definitely have my off days though. I guess the difference is our swing speeds and distances are just so different??? I'm sure it's a lot easier to control 60-90 than it is to control 90-120 swing speeds.

I was just thinking about this with a buddy yesterday on the course, for me it was putting for him it's driver, we have two entirely different games!

For me I would say driving and putting! Thanks to SeeMore!

I said driver, and I think my typical playing partners would agree. With my 913 in hand, I have pretty supreme confidence I'm gonna hit at least a solid drive. It would take something seriously impressive to unseat this club for me.

Putting has ALWAYS been the best part of my game (learning by reading video game greens)
But since my golf tec lessons by far my putting and iron play my regular 4some call me "Ironman"

My putting has been great so far this year. My entire game is usually strong but after breaking my hand back in Oct I have lost my touch with my wedges which use to be my strong suit.

I swear by my 7 iron, and my putter is kind to me.

Back