E-Readers: Got One? Which One

RonInThornton

LEFTIES UNITE!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
28 GHIN
Bought a Nook Color last week and I have to say I am loving it.
Amazing to be able to carry around a couple of hundred books with me everywhere I go.

Also provides me with internet access, e-mail, and has alot of apps available for it.

Anyone else using an E-Reader of some kind?

Wife has a Kindle which she enjoys. I have the iPad which is obvious what it can do while also being a reader. iPad simply rocks - absolutely love it.

I've got a Pandidgital 9" color right now....going be supplanted by the iPad this month when the price drop happens for the iPad 2+ release

Wife has a Kindle which she enjoys. I have the iPad which is obvious what it can do while also being a reader. iPad simply rocks - absolutely love it.

iPad, use it for iBooks, plus everything else.

Do any of you use Calibre for your electronic library? Great piece of freeware. Converts pdf, word and any other format to the correct format for your reader

Last edited:
I have a Kindle and I love it! You are all right, the ability to carry up to 3500 books!!! I only have about 150 in my Kindle, but it sure beats carrying 2-3 books around on the subways and with the endless waiting in NYC.

I have a kindle and when I use it I love it.

I have a Kindle and love it, great for travelling.

iPad2. Game over.

Originally got one for my daughter last year. Her backpack weighed over 50lbs. with her schoolbooks. With her nook, we were able to download all her texts to it and she leaves the books in her locker.

My wife has a kindle and she love it. She wants to get me a kindle but I don't read enough to warrant the purchase of a kindle.

Kindle Wi-FI. Great E-Reader, smooth as silk to use, but a bit hard to set up on a secure wi-fi. Not as fancy as the nook, but I love it.

I talked to my wife about whether she would be interested in one of these, and she said not yet. She prefers a real book. I don't read books as often as she does, but for me, I like real books too. Not sure if I would ever get an E-reader for myself.

I talked to my wife about whether she would be interested in one of these, and she said not yet. She prefers a real book. I don't read books as often as she does, but for me, I like real books too. Not sure if I would ever get an E-reader for myself.

I thought the same thing, got a leather cover for it and it now feels just like a real book. Plus, with the backlit screen I can read in bed at night without having a light on and disturbing my wife, and I can adjust the text size so if I am reading in bed or lazing in the hammock I don't have to worry about falling asleep with my glasses on and breaking them. Been there done that, not fun

I have a kindle and when I use it I love it.

I have a kindle as well and mine gets a lot more use then someone I know and I absolutely love it!! Of course I am told I am a freak because I read books in a matter of days sometimes hours if I am left alone.

I've got a NOOK, really nice, but I wish it was lit.

Hard to beat the ipad

We have a 2nd gen kindle and absolutely love it! But for books with lots of pictures/illustrations I'd read them with the kindle app on the iPad.

My wife loves her Kindle. She much prefers the look on the Kindle - like a bood page - over a shiny screen for reading long term.

I have a kindle and love it. No strain on the eyes, ability to change font size, storage capacity.

Kindle here. Love it.

Back