MitchMcPherson

Reaction score
Handicap
I bought a 9 degree stiff R11 at a local store and on their launch monitor they said my spin rate and launch angle were all perfect so just stay with the stock blur. However after playing a couple rounds i find that the ball tends to balloon a bit and thus very little roll out. My swing speed was between 102 and 107. I was wondering if anybody had some better shaft suggestions?

Do you have your spin rate and launch angle numbers?

Do you tend to fade the ball?

Get back on the monitor would be my suggestion. See what the ballooning is all about. Then a shaft fitting where you can find one that works best for your swing. There is a lot more to finding that perfect shaft than swing speed, especially with as good as the shafts are nowadays.

My buddy had the same issue and he adjusted the loft and lie and he is bombing that thing.

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

I bought a 9 degree stiff R11 at a local store and on their launch monitor they said my spin rate and launch angle were all perfect so just stay with the stock blur. However after playing a couple rounds i find that the ball tends to balloon a bit and thus very little roll out. My swing speed was between 102 and 107. I was wondering if anybody had some better shaft suggestions?

This is bugging me as well...for some reason I dont see why everyone trust the LM so much...It might be the shop I go to have fake numbers on the LM or...i really dont know....

I bought a TM SF 2.0 tp and I was hitting 280-300 on the LM. and I brought it to course and numerous range sessions and I never hit it over 250(including rolls)...so....i really feel like LM is just something stores make you want to buy new stuff because it "fits" you....

sorry if this sounds offending....but its just my experience....

You need to be careful with some if the in store launch monitors. If staff/customers have played with the settings and turned the power boost on with some of them you will get mislead. A lot of the times the staff working don't even knows that the boost is turned on.

This is bugging me as well...for some reason I dont see why everyone trust the LM so much...It might be the shop I go to have fake numbers on the LM or...i really dont know.....

Not all launch monitors are at stores. Club fitters have them as well as many demo days. Many stores have something more of a simulator that is not always as accurate is a nice launch monitor. Heck on ours there is no way to even "juice it" as we hear people talking about or turning them "up". The biggest problem with all of this though is not the launch monitors, but the consumers. I know it sucks hearing that, but the truth is, it should make absolutely no difference what the distance says. One should be looking at Ball Speed, Spin, Launch and a few other numbers. Distance will be there if the launch perimeters are correct.

Back