Adams Idea Tech hybrid irons: a4 versus a4R

chrislindy

Reaction score
Handicap
8-ish
Anyone know the difference between these two sets? From what I have been able to gather, it could be that the a4's are forged whereas the a4r's are cast. Or, as someone else mentioned, a4r's are the groove-conforming counterpart to the a4's. Or any other number of things.

Someone mentioned the a4R's as a cheap option to get my brother a nice upgrade to his current irons. They sell them at Rock Bottom Golf and Dick's Sporting Goods, so I know they're legit. The problem is that I can't find a spec page on Adams' website to get details. Most of the reviews are for the a4's as well.

Anyone familiar with Adams products or specifically the a4r's?

I hit a4r's and really like them. I hit a4's right along with them on the monitor @ Dicks and there was really no difference, other than price. I'm a cheap b@sturd so I went with the R's.

I like them mostly because they look like golf clubs and not shovels. When hit on the button, you can't even feel the ball. You can also work the crap out of them if you have the skillz. For the price, top notch.

And yes, cast v. forged.

A4r cast, A4 were forged as I recall.

Anyone know the difference between these two sets? From what I have been able to gather, it could be that the a4's are forged whereas the a4r's are cast. Or, as someone else mentioned, a4r's are the groove-conforming counterpart to the a4's. Or any other number of things.

Someone mentioned the a4R's as a cheap option to get my brother a nice upgrade to his current irons. They sell them at Rock Bottom Golf and Dick's Sporting Goods, so I know they're legit. The problem is that I can't find a spec page on Adams' website to get details. Most of the reviews are for the a4's as well.

Anyone familiar with Adams products or specifically the a4r's?

Paid $199 for a set last weekend and just finished my 4th round with them. They are VERY good stix especially for the cost. There are sets on eBay for $169 ish. I recommend these - they will be my gamers for a while. Adams is one my fav OEMs and I am already drooling over the A12s.

Last edited:
Back