Mike295

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok this is really a stupid question but my bag becomes a cluster you know what, for some odd reason the clubs are all in three compartments in my bag. I have a carry bag, what is the ideal way to set up the clubs so they don’t become such a cluster?

This is very personal, but also depends on your go-to clubs.
For me, my bag has 5 pockets running along the perimeter of the leftside of teh top, and then 3 long pockets taking up the entire right side.
The 3 long pockets are filled with my irons going from long to short in order from top to bottom. Then on the top perimeter pockets starting at 1 o'clock and moving down to 7 o'clock [the pockets are larger than 1hr] goes: putter, driver, wedge, wedge, wedge.

I have a carry bag also, I try to make sure I put my clubs back where I got them. My bag has 7 dividors. If my bag is leaning on the stand from top view my bag looks like:

DFR
456 PwSw
789 Lw
Ball retriever
P
I hope that makes sense...

Can't stand bags that don't have individual dividers. SO annoying to go for the 9 and get 2 wedges as well. Wrestling my driver back in the bag so it doesn't stick 3 feet above the rest of the clubs was fun too. Went to bags with individual dividers and things are much simpler and quicker now.

I organize my bag from tallest in the back to shortest in the front.

I do the same. But more so go along with the clubs than tallest/shortest, it ends up working out like that though.

I have a 14 way top plus putter well and back to front looks like this.

3w D 3h
Empty 4-5-6
7-8-9-Pw
50-55-60
Putter

I always seem to have my driver and 3 wood sliding out of the bag when i am walking. like pig pen i swear

I have the OGIO Woode System so

Woods sections I do -
Driver, 3w, Hybrid Putter
3 large sections -
5,6,7,8 irons
9, PW, GW
52*,56*,60*

I can't stand my clubs being out of place.

Maybe get the plastic tube inserts?

I went with a 14 slot bag the last time I bought one and I doubt I could handle switching back.

Getting a bag with 14 separate slots has been a huge benefit. No more hunting for a club, never leaving a club behind. The bag I had before was decent with a 5 or 6 way divided top. Still if I had left a club on the ground there was not an empty slot letting me know. I was constantly counting clubs or looking for a 6 iron...

do they make stand bags with all of the dividers in them? When I went shopping I bought a cart bag just for that reason, but I really want (need) to walk some rounds too

Can't stand bags that don't have individual dividers. SO annoying to go for the 9 and get 2 wedges as well. Wrestling my driver back in the bag so it doesn't stick 3 feet above the rest of the clubs was fun too. Went to bags with individual dividers and things are much simpler and quicker now.

Me too, I have a cart bag with individual pockets, I have them organized kind of like an S starting from driver all the way down to LW. My putter has its own separate pocket.

When I play par 3 courses, I'll use my carry bag and it has 4-5 pockets, I don't remember :nailbiting: as I don't use it that often. But I leave the woods at home, and group my long irons together, short irons together and wedges together and putter goes by itself in a separate slot.

do they make stand bags with all of the dividers in them? When I went shopping I bought a cart bag just for that reason, but I really want (need) to walk some rounds too

If you want to walk courses, you can still keep the cart bag but get a push/pull cart and put the bag on that so you don't have to carry it.

I have the OGIO Woode System so

Woods sections I do -
Driver, 3w, Hybrid Putter
3 large sections -
5,6,7,8 irons
9, PW, GW
52*,56*,60*

I can't stand my clubs being out of place.

I also have an OGIO...amazing bags! My set-up is as follows:
WOODE (individual spaces)
- Putter
- Driver
- 3w
- 3h
- Tour Sticks

In the larger compartments:
- W,U,S,L

I also hate having clubs out of place.

I have a cart bag, but this is a very personal topic to me :D My bag has 14 different compartments and a putter tube, so I have organized it that every club goes in to the same slot. When my Dad uses one of my clubs, even if I am on the other side of the fairway, I tell him to wait so he doesn't put it in a wrong compartment. I know this might seem a little like OCD, but I can't help it!

Good full length dividers are key. I have 7 compartment bag with vert. and horiz. full length dividers and it is a big help. Putter tube is a must, once I tried it as well. Worth the 1/2-1 lb of weight even if you have to carry it.

i have a cart bag, which has 15 dividers which i hate, looking for a tm stand bag with 14 dividers..

I just got the Callaway Org Sport cart bag with 14 separate slots and another putter slot. Can't wait to try it on the course with the Clic 3.0. It has a ton of storage also - much more than the Datrek bag it's replacing. Also do the metals in back down to wedges in front.

If you want to walk courses, you can still keep the cart bag but get a push/pull cart and put the bag on that so you don't have to carry it.

yeah I thought about that, dont really want to spend $200 on a nice fancy one since I wont be walking often, I think Dicks had an acuity one for like $20 I might consider

I think they have some too at the club I just joined, might just be able to rent one each round

Lord knows I need the exercise

Yes they do.

Sun Mountain Four 5
Nike Sasquatch Tour

Make sure the dividers are FULL from top to bottom. Some cheap bags have a 14 way top but no dividers that go all the way to bottom of bag.

I got the Nike Sasquatch carry bag last year for my birthday. Its a carry bag but it strap into a car or onto my pull cart with ease. I am very type-a and I love the individual club dividers. I arrange my clubs from longest to shortest except for my putter and its up top by my woods. This bag even has an insulated cooler pocket. Who would have thought of that?!

I got the Nike Sasquatch carry bag last year for my birthday. Its a carry bag but it strap into a car or onto my pull cart with ease. I am very type-a and I love the individual club dividers. I arrange my clubs from longest to shortest except for my putter and its up top by my woods. This bag even has an insulated cooler pocket. Who would have thought of that?!

Killer bag. Wish I had one.

I love that bag! Thought about buying one aways back.

I have two big compartments in the front and back. The from holds my long hybrids and driver the back holds my putters and wedges. I organize the rest of my clubs by size throughout the bag. But during a round this can kind-of get messed up depending on my round.

Back