SeeMore Putter Forum Testing Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP had a sign up and here are the 10 forum members that will be testing out the SeeMore Putters. This thread will be used as their spot to discuss their findings, write their detailed reviews and ask questions about their process.

Please keep this thread clean until the testers start making their posts about the process. They will be getting a full consultation from SeeMore Putters that involves aspects of fitting as well as putting assistance and will be here to document the entire process.

Testers
Spaceman_Spiff
Chunkylover
The Due
MaryC
wcueb923
rrpruett
lcsmrtn
highscoreinky
Tomahawk18
mcook77

Congratulations to all the testers. I had a hunch that the Mystery Company might be SeeMore. I look forward to everyone's reviews.

congrats everyone! Looking forward to everyone's feedback!

• Admin
Guys, please read the 1st post. Thanks.

JB should we post in here from now on in terms of talking about the fitting process and stuff like that?

• Admin
JB should we post in here from now on in terms of talking about the fitting process and stuff like that?

Once you have your call completed, that is when the review process starts and this thread is used for that.

Let me start by saying that I am grateful to be part of this testing and I appreciate being chosen as such a new member of THP.

A little about myself. I am a 11 handicap 48 years old and have been playing golf since I was 16. But took about 10 years off and just started up again last year. I would say I am am OK putter my putting average according to my stats computer is 1.87putts per hole for 85 rounds recorded. However that is mostly due to the fact that I miss lots of greens and have to chip close.

I just got off the phone with SeeMore and it was very informative. We had about an hour discussion and covered lots of ground. Here are the questions that he asked me to start with for the fitting.
· What is the length of my current putter
· How tall am I
· What is my ball striking tendencies, draw or fade
· How long have I been playing golf
· On a 10 ft putt what are my typical misses. Right or left
· What’s my handicap
· Glove size
· Did I play other sports growing up.
· What putter am I currently using.

After that he gave me an overview of the company, when it started, current players on tour that use SeeMore putters and gave me an the basic information on the alignment system that the SeeMore is based on and focused on Grip, Posture, Stance and alignment. He began to go over some common mistakes that people make in each of these areas and how SeeMore works to solve these issues with the alignment aids. He also used the analogy of shooting a basketball and the proper stroke and doing the same thing over and over again and that once you can line up the putter the same way ever time its easier to repeat the same stroke.

For this review he said I would be choosing from the Si series of putters. Its the new line with the soft thermo plastic urethane (TPU) face inserts. He had me go online and take a look at the Si series and we started to discuss the differences of each one.

We discussed putter weights, designs, and the pros and cons of each one. I asked him if the different styles of putters would feel different since each had an insert. He said they would all feel the same as far as sound and ball strike. That is he put a different putter in my hands and I closed my eyes I would not be able to tell the difference. I thought that was a little strange since both my and one of my sons have a Backstrike he has the two ball and I have the Marksman and they feel and sound different but both have the same insert. I thought.

He spent a lot of time answering all of my questions and I had lots of them concerning different putters for fast vs slow greens. Mallet type putters vs blade. Different weights and how that affected your putting stroke. Grip size, putting style. etc. he seemed very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions with lots of detail and how each thing affected your putting stroke.

He said he would be sending me some web links to look over and when I received my putter it would have a DVD, a manual on how to use the system and some other items to help me understand not only the putter but putting in general. I also got the impression that in this process I might wind up change my putting style, set-up and grip as I learned to use this system.

My first impression is that you are not dealing with a large company that just mass produces products. It seems more like a company that cares about the little guy and getting him to putt better. I hope this is eth case. Time will tell. I have to get back to him on a measurement and the we can get going.

I am very excited to get started and hopefully start making more putts. Just yesterday I missed at leads 4 Birdie within 10 ft.

(let me also say that they have a great website with lots of information)

I just received the following links to check out.

[FONT=&quot]Use of Triangulators - [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygb_gMGEQyI[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyrLiv6dpuA[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkdOzzEZops[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Posture - [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkb_YcdS2Z8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RST Technology and Pat O'Brien - [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPn5n9YSkGk[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p5EPRT-rvc[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Wow!! RR you are starting the thread off fantastic! I just got an email from Mr. Galina and I am going to be calling him tomorrow at 3pm. Can't wait. I think my future self is going to look back and say that tomorrow was the day that I started putting a lot better if that makes any sense.

Outstanding write up RR, if this is any indication of how much detail you're going to give us with the actual testing this thread is going to be great!!!

Just got off the phone with Ted Galina, SeeMore putter fitter. This guy is awesome! He has forgotten more about golf and putting than I will ever know. I never knew there was a company as customer friendly as SeeMore in the golf world. Ted gave me his cell number and said I can call him anytime with questions, (more on this later)! Unreal!

Ted gave me an overview and history of SeeMore and the players on tour that use their putters. D.A. Points won at Pebble this year using a SeeMore and they have a couple of majors under their belt as well. The company started with a group of guys from Odyssey branching off into SeeMore. After the greeting and history of the company, here is an overview of how our phone conversation and putter fitting went:

Ted explained SeeMore's philosophy on putting. Which is getting you aligned and postured correctly for every putt. They do this though a series of marking on the putters. You need to hide the red dot with the shaft and frame it with the 2 white lines(which puts your head and posture in the correct spot) every time you use it. It is called Riflescope Technology. So as you get lined up over a putt, in thoery, you are always in the same position. This helps your putting stroke because as you get use to using their product, you should improve by making sure your body is in nearly the exact same place with every putt. Now you can concentrate more on your line and your stroke, as you are confident in body position.

Second he asked about my overall golf game. Ball flight with irons and driver (draw), handicap (8.7), most common putting miss (push), club lengths (+.5"), height (6'3"), weight (255), glove size (XL), and current putter (Taylor Made Corza Ghost 35"). Then asked me to stand straight, hands to the side, make a fist and measure from knuckle to floor (34.5").

Next he walked me through SeeMore's website and gave me a choice of putters to choose from the SI series or the FGP series. There were a total of about 10 choices of putters and we talked about all of them. In the end, since I am partial to mallet style putter and inserts, I chose the SI3 Stainless steel with a thermo plastic urethane insert for softer feel. IT IS SICK!!

Ted went on to tell me that since I am tall my putter length should be longer than the 35" I currently play. It causes too much slouch. So based on my measurments, my putter will be 36.5" in length. I was shocked. Most putters in stores only go to 35" in length and won't offer anything longer. An inch and a half is a lot of length to add! Ted also said that more than likely I will be slightly uncomfortable using this putter at first. It is going to force me to stand more upright, and align perfectly, which may change the body position I am used to. He said over the course of a couple of hours I will work it into my muscle memory and within a couple of rounds of using it I will be more comfortable and able to concentrate on making great putting strokes. Here is why he gave me his cell number. Ted told me to call him while I was practicing with it. He will coach me how to use my new putter over the phone. SWEET! This isn't just a service for THP testers, they offer this for everyone who buys a SeeMore. Unprecedented customer service!

Finally, Ted showed me the accessories I needed to choose to go along with the putter. I chose a pewter colored head cover. I will also be receiving a DVD with Pat O'brien (famed putting coach) on how to use the SeeMore and a device called the triangulator which helps with alignment. Overall an unbelievable package!!

This fitting has opened my eyes to the science of putting. The guys at SeeMore have great ideas on how to make you a better putter. Now let's see how it works. I can't wait to start putting and being coached by Ted.

I should be recieving the putter next Thursday.

Here are my SeeMore Putter specs:
SeeMore SI3 Stainless Steel 36.5" (343 grams), Straight shaft, Lie angle 70*, oversize Feel Tec black grip (96 grams), Pewter head Cover

Thanks again to THP and SeeMore for such a great opportunity.

Link to SeeMore with a pic of the putter I chose: http://www.seemore.com/products/product/si3/

Last edited:
Fantastic write up tomahawk. I can't wait to follow your progress. I get a real sense of your excitement.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Tomahawk - Did he indicate any special changes to your custom setup for swingweight, given you are adding so much length?

Tomahawk - Did he indicate any special changes to your custom setup for swingweight, given you are adding so much length?

Yes, that is part of the reason he is putting the 96 gram oversize grip on my putter. I have big hands and the weight up top will counterbalance the added length weight. Ted seems to have it dialed in.

Last edited:
This thread is starting out great!
I do have one question for the testers...

If you get your putters and they just don't fit (length, loft, lie, etc..) do you have the opportunity to send them back for adjustments?

Maybe JB is the one to answer this if the folks at SeeMore didn't mention it to any of the testers.

Good luck and I'm really looking forward to reading more about your putting adventures !

Yes they can. SeeMore is always going 1 step above and beyond.

Can't wait to see the feedback.

wow guys...outstanding so far!!

This thread is starting out great!
I do have one question for the testers...

If you get your putters and they just don't fit (length, loft, lie, etc..) do you have the opportunity to send them back for adjustments?

Maybe JB is the one to answer this if the folks at SeeMore didn't mention it to any of the testers.

Good luck and I'm really looking forward to reading more about your putting adventures !

Absolutely. Ted said he wanted to watch video or look at pics to see if he was happy with my setup. All done via email. If he isnt happy, he wants me to send it back. Furthermore, if I want something changed, he wants me to send it back. He is even sending a second grip in case I need to cut the putter down. They want each and every customer 100% happy. Better customer service than Nordstrom!

Man you guys are getting me more and more excited. Maybe I will just take a peek at the website

Outstanding stuff thus far. The testers are truly fortunate that SeeMore was the mystery company in this testing. You will enjoy every aspect of their fitting and customer service afterwards. Enjoy Lady and Gentlemen....Enjoy.

Pure awesomeness is throughout this thread already. I cannot wait for many of you to get to try the pure satisfaction that is a SeeMore putter!

Great Write up Tomahawk; Ted told me the same about adjustments. He wants pictures or video of the set up. He also said that the adjustments could be made at my local shop and he would talk to them about making the adjustments. Ted was also sending me another grip a mid and a large. We talked about the bent whistle shaft on the Si3W putter because I was thinking about this option since I putt with my hands somewhat forward. Ted said many times people purchase this model only to send it back and get a straight shaft put in. He said the bent shaft introduces another variable for error so I went with the straight shaft on the Black si3.

Here is the putter I choose. http://www.seemore.com/products/product/black-si3/
It is soooo cool :clapp:. I like the black. I wonder if anyone has had any problems with the black coming off?

I have never had a mallet style putter but I noticed that it had more alignment lines. I can use as many as I can get :D.

The write-ups so far are incredible. Just a great job, guys. I tried to go to a Seemore last year and attempted to adopt the O'Brien method, but I ended up giving up on it. I think that having Ted on speed dial will be incredibly valuable. I've had a chance to talk to Ted and he is the real deal.

Back