tvrepairex

Reaction score
Handicap
Just curious ,but does anyone carry a ball retriever in your bag or do you think it makes you too much of a "hacker"? I was carrying in one because I hate to hit a quality ball into a creek or lake and have it just beyond my reach even using a club but I lost it this winter and haven't replaced it.

I do not carry one, I have never carried one. I think its just a personal preference though. I am not above retrieving my ball

Just curious ,but does anyone carry a ball retriever in your bag or do you think it makes you too much of a "hacker"? I was carrying in one because I hate to hit a
quality ball into a creek or lake and have it just beyond my reach even using a club but I lost it this winter and haven't replaced it.

I don't, but a guy in one of my regular groups does. And we give him tons of grief over it. It is usually junior high type jokes (calling it a ball-grabber and the like).

Its bad luck to carry one, j/k. I don't carry one, but have a couple courses I should because of the shallow muddy creeks that just attract balls.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I've noticed they're most popular with the elderly, children, and women. Carrying one doesn't seem to bother them, why should it bother you? Hey, golf balls are expensive at near $4.00 a piece for a premium ball. If I lost more than one ball every three weeks or so, I might pick one up.

Kevin

If I had one, I would carry it.

I think I stopped carrying one when I was like 10. My advice, if your going to carry one get one of those small telescoping ones that is small enough to fit into a pocket and not a large one that goes into a club divider slot. Might save you a ribbing on the course haha.

If I had one I'd carry it. I'm always goin through the used bins and stop by Salvation army now and again but haven't scored a retriever yet. My home course has some blackberry bushes where I could pull a dozen a round and quick too. Better than water balls too because no one thinks they will lose a faded or hooked ball on the dry holes.

A carry one but it has a headcover on it. Balls are around $42 a dozen for me, and I not beyond fishing one out of the water to save a buck.

If I had one I'd carry it. I'm always goin through the used bins and stop by Salvation army now and again but haven't scored a retriever yet. My home course has some blackberry bushes where I could pull a dozen a round and quick too. Better than water balls too because no one thinks they will lose a faded or hooked ball on the dry holes.

No to mention snakes in those bushes. A ball retriever might be a valuable asset for reaching into the unknown. You know, the ones you can see but not reach in the thick bushes.

No to mention snakes in those bushes. A ball retriever might be a valuable asset for reaching into the unknown. You know, the ones you can see but not reach in the thick bushes.

You know the old saying. A snake in the bush is not worth two balls in your hand.

Kevin

I do have a telescopic one and keep it in the bag in the same slot as one of my hybrids. Nobody I play with has one, and my 8 yr old loves when we find more balls in the ponds and rivers. You would not believe how many Pro V1s I have found with it.

never have never will.. if there is water or junk conditions with a chance of going in it, ill just tee up a junk ball

Hah I've had a scare or two getting all stretched out tangled in them and then hearing something scurrying around with me. Mostly rats out here, but a raccoon or possum would send me running too. Snakes and Gators win hands down.

Never had one. If the ball goes in the water, that's where it wants to be. If you take it out, it'll only go back. It's fate. Don't mess with it. :surrender::D

Never had one. If the ball goes in the water, that's where it wants to be. If you take it out, it'll only go back. It's fate. Don't mess with it. :surrender::D
Don't you believe every ball deserves a second chance, in spite of how bad it was?Lol

I have one, its still in its packaging, won it at an outing, doubt it ever sees the light of day

I have a small one I got for free, It only telescopes to 6' so it fits easily inside one of the large pockets on my golf bag. Only problem is I don't always carry it with me. From what I have read, being as I am a senior golfer I guess I need to carry it always. :D

I have a small one I got for free, It only telescopes to 6' so it fits easily inside one of the large pockets on my golf bag. Only problem is I don't always carry it with me. From what I have read, being as I am a senior golfer I guess I need to carry it always. :D

Or do what I do and not worry about what anyone else thinks.........(another thing that seems to happen as one gets older)...:D

I do not carry one but have no issues with those that do. Chances are I will need their assistance at some point in the round!!

My husband bought a retractable one that he keeps in a pocket of his bag. That way, we have it but it doesn't show.

I have one, but it is sitting in my garage. My brother in law carries one, so I just use his if I need to.

Just Tap It In. Just Tap It In.

Back