Mardin

Reaction score
Just wondering if other PA THP'ers are experiencing flooding. I'm in the Harrisburg area and we are being hit hard. The Susquehanna River overflowed last night and is supposed to crest tonight. Over 10,000 people have been evacuated. Thankfully my home is ok, (just a little water in the basement), but others haven't been so lucky.

Photos:

http://photos.pennlive.com/1817/gallery/Weather/index.html

Letters from the management co. of my development were passed out yesterday saying that if the fire co. or police knock on our doors we are to evacuate immediately. The river I live along is already flooding the main road into my development and its now closed....That's the price I pay for living along the river.....who knew? Ugh.

Letters from the management co. of my development were passed out yesterday saying that if the fire co. or police knock on our doors we are to evacuate immediately. The river I live along is already flooding the main road into my development and its now closed....That's the price I pay for living along the river.....who knew? Ugh.

Be safe out there man! I live ontop of a plateau so I'm ok, but I can look down and see homes that have water covering their doors. It sucks because we are supposed to get even more rain this weekend.

I feel for you guys. We have had rain all week here in Indiana, but we are only up to 3.5 inches right now at my place. Been light most of the time, where you guys had the heavy stuff. I hope the system moves along today for you guys.

I remember the picture you posted of the river just recently Hanks. Hope you don't have to get out.

It's actually higher than those pics I took 2 weks ago...I'll try to get some more pics tonight or tomorrow morning when I swim out for my morning paper

I remember the picture you posted of the river just recently Hanks. Hope you don't have to get out.

I'm in York. We had off school on Thursday because of flooding. It isn't bad anymore. Luckily the pump we had hooked up kept the water out of our basement.

Southern Tier of NY is pretty flooded... some areas more than others. I'm in Binghamton, NY and I lucked out both at my home and my work. Some of the surrounding areas got it really bad!
My worst problem is that (I believe) all the courses in the Binghamton area are unplayable and I don't have a place to play tomorrow... I'm very lucky!

i evacuated Reading Area Community College which flooded and all of the houses up to 2nd street in Reading the other night. im back to work tonight and if it starts raining im pretty sure we will be evacuating again tonight. Anyone see the pics of Hershey Park and Knobels on the news. pretty crazy.

My hometown of Owego, NY got hit very hard. The entire downtown area is under water. We thought the flood in 2006 was the worst it could get, but this was 10x that. Tons of pictures of our area at www.pressconnects.com

Back