How is Freddy's back?

RGawronski

Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone have the inside scoop on how Fred Couples' back is feeling?

I'm hoping for four days of magic.

If I remember right, he was quoted saying "My back is shot, Im just going there to have some fun"

I dont know specifics but I know its not good. He said his last MRI showed virtually no space left between the discs in his back and after this week he will be taking a lengthy break.

He looked like he was in a good deal of pain that last time I saw him swing a club a few days ago.....really tender I would think. With back problems you can be pretty much OK until you ding it again and then you are miserable. He looked miserable. I can see him saying something like I am just going to try to enjoy myself this week because there is really nothing you can do once you ding it but wait for the pain to stop.

He looked like he was in a good deal of pain that last time I saw him swing a club a few days ago.....really tender I would think. With back problems you can be pretty much OK until you ding it again and then you are miserable. He looked miserable. I can see him saying something like I am just going to try to enjoy myself this week because there is really nothing you can do once you ding it but wait for the pain to stop.

If you were a betting man, would you trust he can grind out four solid rounds this week?

If you were a betting man, would you trust he can grind out four solid rounds this week?

That's the beauty of betting, you never know. I wouldn't put $$$ on him but you never know.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

If he is in as much pain as he looked to be in the last time I saw him swing I would actually think that playing four rounds would be tough. I could see him packing it in. No reflection on him at all. The kind of pain we are talking about here is off the charts.

If he is in as much pain as he looked to be in the last time I saw him swing I would actually think that playing four rounds would be tough. I could see him packing it in. No reflection on him at all. The kind of pain we are talking about here is off the charts.

When was this?

From the words that have come out of his own mouth I wouldnt count him in for four solid rounds, he may even struggle to make the cut depending on how good the drugs are that he's taking.

He's been playing solid all year and he would be the one who knows. I doubt he would play if he thought he was close to injury or didn't think he could make the cut.

He's been playing solid all year and he would be the one who knows. I doubt he would play if he thought he was close to injury or didn't think he could make the cut.

Well maybe you should listen to him talk about his back and you might feel differently. This is the Masters after all and Im sure alot of players would be willing to play through a decent amount of pain to be there.

Last weekend they said he already had 3 shots in the back that week and was planning on some more shots this week to get ready to get through the Masters. Getting through anything usually doesn't bode well and doesn't exude confidence.

My open-ended offer still stands to massage his back for him every single day for the rest of his life. I think I would be getting the better deal though.

Back