Handicap
kids
i just had to mention that...
i love me some Arnold Palmer!

tea_lineup.jpg

so delicious! :drinks:

great!

hilarious!

Ha! I got some of this in the States (I live in Canada) and brought it to school. Unfortunately I got every one of my friends hooked on the drink. Now there are a couple more fans of Arnie and his trademark drink!

I love Arnold Palmers! I always pick them up when I'm in the grocery store and they have them in stock, Target had a sweet deal on the big bottles last week.

...and still only 99 cents for that big can!

Usually make my own at home though. Not exactly a "half and half" like it says on the can. Closest match is 3 parts iced tea (unsweetened) to 1 part lemonade (Crystal Light).

I'd rather have me some of this ........

PalmerWine.jpg

I've always got those large 99 cents cans of AP in my fridge!!

i just had to mention that...
i love me some Arnold Palmer!

tea_lineup.jpg

so delicious! :drinks:

Add 2 shots of good vodka and you have one of my favorite summer drinks....The Drunken Palmer !

Add 2 shots of good vodka and you have one of my favorite summer drinks....The Drunken Palmer !

No need to rename it. An original Arnold Palmer already has the vodka in it. It is the virgin variety in groceries that is the exception. Go to any 19th hole bar and order an Arnold Palmer and that is what you get. Delish!!! One of my favorites!

No need to rename it. An original Arnold Palmer already has the vodka in it. It is the virgin variety in groceries that is the exception. Go to any 19th hole bar and order an Arnold Palmer and that is what you get. Delish!!! One of my favorites!

I never knew that, I always thought the virgin was the only option, can't wait to add the goodness and give it a shot, literally!!!

Then there is Arnold Palmer chipping a golf ball INTO a glass filled with the namesake drink:

[video=youtube;-3fgReo-yOg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3fgReo-yOg[/video]

According to a friend who worked for ESPN at the time, they filmed this after the commercial that tnolan posted above. He said it took him only 6 shots to do it. Amazing...

p.s. The cookie in my avatar is an Arnold Palmer shortbread (lemon and Earl Gray tea infused shortbread, with lemon and tea flavored glaze) If you are at the THP Outing and Demo Day, these will be one of the cookies I'm making for the Outing.

I thought it was a John Daly if it had vodka added?

I just added some Captain Morgan to a glass of Arnie Palmie and it's super delicious.

Dear fellow AP lovers,

I received this anonymous negative reputation for this thread:
It would be a good post, but its a stupid thread. Dont make a new one when you can just post in the "what are you drinking" thread.

ouch...that hurts.
i guess this member doesn't share my enthusiasm with AP....oh, or actually read the threads:

What are you drinking?
Two rules:

1. Alcohol only.
2. It has to be the glass next to you or in your hand. Okay, it can be in a bottle if it's beer. But drinking as of "right this minute."

Well....
1. AP = not alcohol
2. Was not next to me or in my hand, nor was I drinking "right this minute" when I posted this thread.

:wtf:

I LOVE The original one, they sell it at a few select courses here in Canada, but not a fan of the raspberry or whatever type of berry one they have.

I do love an A.P, but I feel that the ratio has to be 2/5ths lemonade, to 3/5 Iced tea, and for all you crazy american's (except you my southern friends) you use "sweet tea" not that chilled nasty stuff you call iced tea.

Then there is Arnold Palmer chipping a golf ball INTO a glass filled with the namesake drink:

[video=youtube;-3fgReo-yOg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3fgReo-yOg[/video]

According to a friend who worked for ESPN at the time, they filmed this after the commercial that tnolan posted above. He said it took him only 6 shots to do it. Amazing...

p.s. The cookie in my avatar is an Arnold Palmer shortbread (lemon and Earl Gray tea infused shortbread, with lemon and tea flavored glaze) If you are at the THP Outing and Demo Day, these will be one of the cookies I'm making for the Outing.

That video was awesome!!!! I could chip at a glass all day and maybe drop one in ever 100 or so. Arnie still has it drink in all!!

My favorite summer drink is what I call a "Drunken Arnie". 1 part Lemonade, 1 part Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea. They're dangerous because they don't even taste like a mixed drink.

Dear fellow AP lovers,

ouch...that hurts.
i guess this member doesn't share my enthusiasm with AP....oh, or actually read the threads:

Well....
1. AP = not alcohol
2. Was not next to me or in my hand, nor was I drinking "right this minute" when I posted this thread.

I don't get that, at all. Plus, those running threads sometimes get buried. So if you have a random spontaneous thought for a thread I'm all for it. Who was really going to do a search for Arny Palmie anywhoo? It's not like you duplicated a Mashie or 910 vs R11 thread.

BTW-had me a many an Arnie Palmie while on my golf trip this past weekend. Lifesaver and scorekiller. I call it a good trade off.

Dear fellow AP lovers,

ouch...that hurts.

Well....
1. AP = not alcohol

I don't get that, at all. Plus, those running threads sometimes get buried. So if you have a random spontaneous thought for a thread I'm all for it. Who was really going to do a search for Arny Palmie anywhoo? It's not like you duplicated a Mashie or 910 vs R11 thread.

BTW-had me a many an Arnie Palmie while on my golf trip this past weekend. Lifesaver and scorekiller. I call it a good trade off.

We have asked repeatedly that if you have an issue with reputation, just ask a mod and they will look into it rather than taking it to the board. Had we been notified we would have seen this and removed it because frankly that reputation and remark is absurd.

It has been removed now. In the future, just head over to a mod and send them a PM. It makes things far easier.

We have asked repeatedly that if you have an issue with reputation, just ask a mod and they will look into it rather than taking it to the board. Had we been notified we would have seen this and removed it because frankly that reputation and remark is absurd.

It has been removed now. In the future, just head over to a mod and send them a PM. It makes things far easier.

my apologies. i wasn't aware of this. new to the whole reputation thing...
it's not really that big of a deal anyway.
was going for more of a humorous post, rather than serious.

or maybe i'm just frustrated because i'd really like to golf and it freakin' snowed yesterday!!! :at-wits-end:

Back