Tiger Woods 2012 Video Game

Had a double eagle today on 15. Tried saving it on easports but I can't find it.

Had a double eagle today on 15. Tried saving it on easports but I can't find it.

Nice chunky! I posted a pic of mine a few pages back as well, they are pretty rare even for the video game! Hole in one on a par 4 or 2 on a par 5?

I'm about to throw my controller through the wall because I can't freaking putt. Rarely are you better at something in real life than you are in a video game but I can putt wayyyyyyyy better in real life than I can in this game.

I'm about to throw my controller through the wall because I can't freaking putt. Rarely are you better at something in real life than you are in a video game but I can putt wayyyyyyyy better in real life than I can in this game.

Maybe your guy's putting still just isn't that great? It is a huge factor in the game. Are you just missing a lot of putts?

Nice chunky! I posted a pic of mine a few pages back as well, they are pretty rare even for the video game! Hole in one on a par 4 or 2 on a par 5?

It was the 15th on Augusta so 2 on a 5. It turned a pretty ho hum round into a first round 68 and leader in my first Masters. I have since thrown that lead away.

The old albatross huh? Nice.

Yes sir. It was awesome. I almost jumped off my couch. Almost. I know I saved it down I just don't know where to look for it.

Maybe your guy's putting still just isn't that great? It is a huge factor in the game. Are you just missing a lot of putts?

I'm just either leaving them wayyy short, or stupid long. Line isn't really a problem, its speed every time. I'm only 3 tourneys in so that probably has something to do with it.

Hate when you have a wedge that says 104 yards with full swing then it goes 120 yards for no reason other than to piss you off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just either leaving them wayyy short, or stupid long. Line isn't really a problem, its speed every time. I'm only 3 tourneys in so that probably has something to do with it.

Not sure if you got my tip earlier but don't listen to the caddy on speed, he usually encourages taking out the break in almost every putt, always go a little before the circle he suggests and as far as trying the stop the putter in the yellow area go a little bit past it, all of mine I extend all the way past the yellow, you should feel a tiny vibration telling you you've gone past and then strike through.

Not sure if you got my tip earlier but don't listen to the caddy on speed, he usually encourages taking out the break in almost every putt, always go a little before the circle he suggests and as far as trying the stop the putter in the yellow area go a little bit past it, all of mine I extend all the way past the yellow, you should feel a tiny vibration telling you you've gone past and then strike through.

Thanks Dent, I did read what you said earlier, and it has helped but I'm still bad. Just got to practice I guess.

Made a legit Hole in one! No spin, no power boost. 217 yards. First one with my golfer dude in a tournament.

Yea we have a rematch scheduled soon. I think I'll nab him this time. I can't beleive how unrealistic spin and power boost are, F2G kept getting birdie after birdie after birdie. An 8 on a par 4 didn't help me either.

No spin or power really hurt me, huh? Hahaha

No spin or power really hurt me, huh? Hahaha

For reference guys F2G beat me so badly I don't wanna really play the game anymore. I'm such a sore loser but I hate losing. Somehow he shot a 57 and made every single putt and stuck everything close.

57?? With no spin or boost? Thats really good. He would beat me real bad to.

57?? With no spin or boost? Thats really good. He would beat me real bad to.

Funny thing is it was my first time playing tour pro and I didn't know about using focus to make your shots more accurate until about the 11th hole.

Funny thing is it was my first time playing tour pro and I didn't know about using focus to make your shots more accurate until about the 11th hole.

Ya, ya ya :D I honestly thought I was good until F2G came along. I seriously had a suspicion of cheating. He was that good. To be honest man I don't know how you can enjoy the game playing like that. You should be playing on the hardest difficulty.

Ya, ya ya :D I honestly thought I was good until F2G came along. I seriously had a suspicion of cheating. He was that good. To be honest man I don't know how you can enjoy the game playing like that. You should be playing on the hardest difficulty.

It's a video game. If I want things to be realistic I go 1 min down the street and play real golf. I'll still shoot in the 50s with hardest conditions possible. I play Tiger and FIFA to relax not to accomplish anything. If I shoot a 49 or a 69 I still have the same experience. There are definitely guys that cheat. They have special controllers, but it's obvious when you're playing someone with one.

It's a video game. If I want things to be realistic I go 1 min down the street and play real golf. I'll still shoot in the 50s with hardest conditions possible. I play Tiger and FIFA to relax not to accomplish anything. If I shoot a 49 or a 69 I still have the same experience. There are definitely guys that cheat. They have special controllers, but it's obvious when you're playing someone with one.

Just remind me not to play online with you again. :D You're a beast.

I guess that's where we are opposite. I like the game to be as realistic as possible. I would be most satisfied with the game if I battled hard to shoot a 69 or a 68. I even like when sometimes I miss the fairway with a small push/pull etc.

I guess that's where we are opposite. I like the game to be as realistic as possible. I would be most satisfied with the game if I battled hard to shoot a 69 or a 68. I even like when sometimes I miss the fairway with a small push/pull etc.

I'm with you, Dent. I like to feel like I'm actually competing through that TOUR season. Winning tournies by 35 strokes every week gets old quick. It's tough to find the right blend of settings that keep the computer scores about right, while making the gameplay hard enough to keep me on my toes.

If I'm playing online, that's a different story. Low as she can go.

that's why i play on tournament mode. when you put the greens on tournament difficulty as well, it feels like you really have to grind out rounds. shooting 68, for me, has been a real accomplishment. I've actually had to tone the greens down from tournament to fast because they're kicking my rear end up and down magnolia lane, i wanted to be able to make some putts and get some confidence back, lol.

the biggest thng for me is when they got rid of the carry distances for clubs, it took math out of it and turned everything (especially around the greens) into feel. makes it so difficult. In this year's game i'll have a round going, be 3 or 4 under; have an approach shot that i'm a club off on, and with the greens struggle to not make double and give the whole thing away; in last year's game i'd have all the yardages and know exactly what i need to hit and know exactly where it was going to land, this year not so much. It's the most challenging tiger woods game i've ever played.

...i can certainly understand why someone wouldn't want to play on that level, and would want to just be carefree, it can get really frustrating to make bogeys (don't we all know), so i understand and respect that point of view. Just for me personally, that's not the experience i'm looking for, with power, spin, focus, tiger visions and the like

I'm with you, Dent. I like to feel like I'm actually competing through that TOUR season. Winning tournies by 35 strokes every week gets old quick. It's tough to find the right blend of settings that keep the computer scores about right, while making the gameplay hard enough to keep me on my toes.

If I'm playing online, that's a different story. Low as she can go.

I'm with both of you. I don't want to be blowing away everyone in the career mode I want it to be like real life where you actually have to fight to win and make it to the Masters.

You guys do know you can adjust the skill level of the computer right? I play on Tournament and have it set so I usually need to break -19 or -20 to win the tournament in career mode. I only play one day tournaments also because I don't like to play the same course numerous times in a round.

Back