Votes: 81 34.8%
  • Interlock

Votes: 118 50.6%
  • Cross hand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baseball

Votes: 34 14.6%

• Total voters
Baseball/10 finger grip. I've tried other grips but I just don't feel in control of the club as much as when I have all fingers on the grip. I will though take my pinky off the bottom hand when I'm fighting a hook or am trying to play a fade.

I have small hands so I've used an interlock grip since I started playing (a long time ago) and works very well for me.

when i started i used interlock and was told to go to overlap but i couldn't hit like that for the life of me so i use interlock

i've been an interlocker since i started playing, but i'm thinking of messing around with the overlap because i have huge hands with long fingers. i've read through these posts, and was wondering if anyone could go over the advantages/disadvantages of each grip, if there are any...

Overlap. I am too right hand dominant and the overlap helps keep my right hand from slashing at the ball. I tried the Jim Furyk double overlap but it felt too strange.

I recently switched to an overlap grip. I feel it helps my tempo.

i've been an interlocker since i started playing, but i'm thinking of messing around with the overlap because i have huge hands with long fingers. i've read through these posts, and was wondering if anyone could go over the advantages/disadvantages of each grip, if there are any...

Most of the time you hear either personal preference or hand size. Most really little kids start cross handed on their own because it is easier to lift the club. 10 finger covers a lot of grip with fingers and is strong but can be stiff. Overlap takes the right pinky off the grip and I feel like I can grip more softly and pull more than hit that way. Interlocking is somewhere in between and is easier for some to get comfortable with.

Oh yeah. Whenever I need to really crank a drive out there, I will switch to a baseball grip. It lets me get some serious wrist hinge, and after I lengthen my backswing, I can put it out over 280. I will only do this in scrambles though, because it only works about 2/5 times. It will either fly like mad, or I will duff it.

I use the interlock since I have fairly small hands and it helps me feel like I dont have to grip the club as tight. I get the feeling that the club is going to fly out of my hands with an overlap grip so I tend to use too tight of a grip with that technique.

I'm an interlock grip guy as well, although I think that I have fairly long fingers for my hand size. I'm actually surprised that more people on here interlock than overlap, I thought that I was one of the few that used the interlock. I guess I was wrong on that.

I'm shocked at the amount of interlockers in the house, but I myself am a overlapper, just feel natural to me.

I thought the overlap would garner the most votes. I even just posted a new thread in the "Ask Andy" section regarding me considering a switch to overlap... I'm an interlocker, have been since I first picked up a club. But along the way someone tried to switch me to Overlap. I couldn't do it and they nor I didn't really invest the time to make it happen.

So here I am at the crossroads of Interlock and Overlap. I guess I didn't realize Interlock is what Tiger and Jack use? I think I read that in an earlier post... if that's the case then I guess I could stick with Interlock. I was told that interlock was a small hands, younger player thing to do. Ugh, now I'm really confused so hopefully Andy can help!

I thought the overlap would garner the most votes. I even just posted a new thread in the "Ask Andy" section regarding me considering a switch to overlap... I'm an interlocker, have been since I first picked up a club. But along the way someone tried to switch me to Overlap. I couldn't do it and they nor I didn't really invest the time to make it happen.

So here I am at the crossroads of Interlock and Overlap. I guess I didn't realize Interlock is what Tiger and Jack use? I think I read that in an earlier post... if that's the case then I guess I could stick with Interlock. I was told that interlock was a small hands, younger player thing to do. Ugh, now I'm really confused so hopefully Andy can help!

To be honest man, I don't think it will matter, I just watched all your video's and if you are comfortable with the interlock, I see no reason why you should change.

Weird thought I posted in this thread before...

I use the baseball grip. When I was little I actually used the intense baseball where I don't even cover my top thumb with my bottom hand, I would just take both fists and clamp em together.

To be honest man, I don't think it will matter, I just watched all your video's and if you are comfortable with the interlock, I see no reason why you should change.

Thanks coolbreeze. After catching up on this thread I've been debating it moreso. Thanks again... now to get my swing fixed!

Thanks coolbreeze. After catching up on this thread I've been debating it moreso. Thanks again... now to get my swing fixed!

I didn't want to comment until Andy does, but you have a nice swing, just a small over the top move at the start of the downswing, but overall a very nice swing.

ive always interlocked - and i cant do the others. the overlap feels like im gonna lose the club.

Im an interlock guy, learned how to play using blades and my parents always stressed my grip and needing the most control of a "single unit" to hit them well

I use the overlap technique. Although now that I corrected my stance(thanks coach) I find I put a lot of torque on my right thumb so I had to shift it to crossing over the grip.

I've been using an interlock grip ever since I started the game 8 years ago.

Interlock. I can go baseball as well.

I have always been an Overlap guy and never tried to change. Some of my kids use the interlock and I dont know how they got started that way.

Last year was interlock, this year, baseball. Feel more connected to the club.

Interlock, but have tried baseball before

I've used the interlock all ym life for all shots. i tried switching one day on the range, it lasted abt 4 shots.

Back