Morgan Cup 2014 Travel plans & accommodation thread

LOL. It's just hard to juggle the family at home and the travel. I don't want to play too much before the event, but I would like at least a round, if not 27/36 holes.

I understand that. I'm in that same range. I played 72 holes before Friday last year and that was too much. 36 is my number this year. Sticking to it. (Hopefully)

Going off my 2012 experience, I regretted not having a full day on Thursday to be there.

Would a full day on Wednesday do me any good as well?

LOL. It's just hard to juggle the family at home and the travel. I don't want to play too much before the event, but I would like at least a round, if not 27/36 holes.

You going to bring a set with you and then travel home with 2 sets?

It all depends on how much time you need to know a course well enough to get around it. You might need 3 rounds, you might need 1?

In terms of preparing for the event? Maybe, but probably not that much. It would be a great way to spend a day though. If I didn't have other obligations I'd definitely come in earlier.

So you think a new guy would be better off just committing to Thursday?

I think so. Most everyone is there, a lot of the teams last year had a "team round" Thurs morning. That was really beneficial IMO . We split it up and played 6 holes with each 2some on our team. It was a ton of fun. Good team bonding too.

You going to bring a set with you and then travel home with 2 sets?

Very good question. I don't think I want to bring clubs, so I may have to get creative.

Very good question. I don't think I want to bring clubs, so I may have to get creative.

I've been pondering what I will do as well.

I've been pondering what I will do as well.

Caledonia had some sweet rentals in 2012 lol. I just can't see myself wanting to deal with the hassle of either lugging two sets or shipping one.

Thanks everyone. Coming from AZ any travel day is a lost day so I am just trying to make sure at minimum I am ready to rock on Thursday AM.

I know a few of you said you were driving but for those of you flying. I use this site a lot for my air travel, you cans select notification preferences and the fares are very good and it gives a you a variety of airlines.

http://www.airfarewatchdog.com/

Thanks everyone. Coming from AZ any travel day is a lost day so I am just trying to make sure at minimum I am ready to rock on Thursday AM.
Are you coming solo or bringing the wife?

Are you coming solo or bringing the wife?

Solo. Thought about bringing the wife but seeing as how Thursday through Sunday I'm fully booked she figured she would get bored. Besides, she's coming to Love is in the Air anyway so that's all the golf I can get her excited about.

Caledonia had some sweet rentals in 2012 lol. I just can't see myself wanting to deal with the hassle of either lugging two sets or shipping one.

I talked to the guys at True Blue today. They are getting in Titleist for their rentals replacing their current TaylorMade bags. Also, I saw this in the parking lot, which could be another option:

IMG_1345_zpsb88d6a73.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

http://lcgolfclubrentals.com/index.html

That's a great idea to start a rental company, especially in the MB area with all the courses there.

That's a great idea to start a rental company, especially in the MB area with all the courses there.

Absolutely. ..especially since bags on most airlines aren't free

Spicoli delivers. Problem solved!

I'll travel with my clubs there, and then back with two sets. I might get them for free if I play my cards right.

That rental company looks like a great option $30 a day and they will deliver them to your hotel. They also carry all of the major OEMs, so you could even make sure you get a bag full of your sponsor's clubs.

I was leaning towards taking my clubs and coming back with 2, but it seems a rental company might be a really great option. Sounds like if we all get together we could even get some discounts, and who doesn't like discounts??

That rental company looks like a great option $30 a day and they will deliver them to your hotel. They also carry all of the major OEMs, so you could even make sure you get a bag full of your sponsor's clubs.

ALMOST all of the major OEMs, my friend. Was hoping for some Bridgestone love to do exactly what you're suggesting, and was sadly disappointed.

Will be curious to see if they are prepared to support all of us and our wants, haha.

I noticed 7am to 7pm so if you planned well, you could get 36 from those in a day.

30 a day for solid rental clubs is a great deal

30 a day for solid rental clubs is a great deal

I believe they said it was $45 at the course to use their clubs. I'm assuming that is a per round price as well.

Back