Nike & Tiger Woods - Make it Matter Tour

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Good way to increase brand awareness and promote the sport. I can't imagine playing in the Masters and getting on a plane for Asia right afterwards. That's got to be tiring beyond belief.

Meh. The guy is on mad ambien probably.
Good way to increase brand awareness and promote the sport. I can't imagine playing in the Masters and getting on a plane for Asia right afterwards. That's got to be tiring beyond belief.

This could be another step in repairing his image. I mean the interview at augusta didnt help, but who knows. At least there is some awesome benefit coming from this.

I am thinking $$$. Hank Haney also just opened a golf academy in China. As capitalism creeps its way into mainland China, the economic possibilities are astounding.

Pretty cool idea, why wouldnt he do something like that for the American youth?

I am thinking $$$. Hank Haney also just opened a golf academy in China. As capitalism creeps its way into mainland China, the economic possibilities are astounding.

I agree. They are simply following the money, or future money.

I agree. They are simply following the money, or future money.

not that there is anything wrong with that.

How similar is this to the "First Tee" programs we have here? Nike's involved with that too I imagine.

You hit the nail on the head.

How similar is this to the "First Tee" programs we have here? Nike's involved with that too I imagine.

I think they will be pretty similar. The First Tee is what immediately came to my mind when I hear about this program.

This is good to see. I'm Chinese American but i spend roughly 2 months of the year in China/Taiwan. Golf is still very much a rich man/tourist thing over there.

Anytime there is an effort to grow the game of golf I'm all for it.

We all know TW is not going to do anything he not behind 100%. Great for Nike to get on board and get in front of a growing golf culture in China. God knows the US golf market had stalled. Good for Tiger and Nike.

well maybe now he will after the divorce and since he hasn't won a tournament in a while lol
Ya think so? I cant imagine him driving a Buick.

Ya think so? I cant imagine him driving a Buick.

He did in the ads, so he must! :alien:

I do like this move. It's good for Nike to expand themselves further in the Chinese market and it's good for TW who is needing to help his image after all his unpleasantness. It's a win win for everyone.

now we know why he had to go eat

Back