ZTP Wedges for $70 -- good deal or is the wedge not worth it?

jlukes

Reaction score
Did some searches for ZTP wedges -- looks like the club is about a year old and Dick's is trying to clear out their stock. If this is a good performing wedge, it's quite a deal.

I currently have the black tp wedges from about 4 years ago so I am looking to upgrade/get my groove(s) back. Thoughts?

Ive seen quite a bit of these in the store as well, and wondered how they performed

Its a good deal if you love the clubs and they work well for you.

JB -- are they comparable to the rac TP blacks I have been playing? I really like my current wedges but the grooves are definitely worn and I recently got a nice ding on the face of my lob wedge from a hidden rock.

I really cant answer that for you. There are tons of nice wedges out there and some work for different people. I thought the xFTs were/are really good wedges. In the last year I have learned that I was not a huge fan of previous TM wedges compared to others that are out there. Im guessing you definitely want to go with TM wedges, so if that is the case and they are in the store, why not try them out?

Not sold on Taylor Made wedges really. I like my current wedges, but they are pretty worn. The price of the ZTP's is intriguing so I figured I'd ask. The new Vokey Spin Milled really caught my eye, but they are almost double the price.

I love the ZTP's I had them and they are just great looking at address. The head is slightly smaller than a Vokey but I'm going back to TM sometime soon from Vokey. They just look really clean IMO.

I like the XFTs. As nice as anything out there.

FWIW, I really like my xFTs.

When I was trying wedges I looked at the JAWS and the CG16's and ultimately decided on the xFTs.

I liked the CG16s the best of the three in terms of feel, and I got better spin with the JAWS.
The reason I chose the xFTs was because of the interchangeable faceplates. I think consistency is of HUGE value in the short game and the prospect of being able to use the same wedge, same weighting, same feel for the next 5-10 years (and always have fresh grooves) is something that I couldn't pass up.

My friend has those wedges. The feel is surprisngly good considering the insert/faceplates. I like the idea of saving costs on new wedged by buying faceplates. But it seems like TM is dropping these wedges, so are they going to keep making the faceplates? (my buddy doesn't think so, he's got 2 spare faceplates stocked up in his bag.)

My friend has those wedges. The feel is surprisngly good considering the insert/faceplates. I like the idea of saving costs on new wedged by buying faceplates. But it seems like TM is dropping these wedges, so are they going to keep making the faceplates? (my buddy doesn't think so, he's got 2 spare faceplates stocked up in his bag.)

I rarely use a wedge other than my 56*. I have 3 face plates in the garage and will "rotate" them between my wedges as the grooves require. My 60* wedge grooves are almost new and I figure my first season I can just change the 56 and the 60. I might buy another 1 or two just to be safe. $35 "new" wedge!

These aren't the xFT's, these are the ZTPs with no interchangeable faceplate

I was wondering how this got away from the ZTP's and on to the xFT's.....

I was wondering how this got away from the ZTP's and on to the xFT's.....

The xft has a ZTP faceplate. I was understanding the OP to be asking about the xFT with that particular faceplate in it. There was a thread a couple days ago about the xFT being marked down at many retailers.

My bad guys!

Tapatalk- USGA non-conforming

Back