Shoulder turn v hip turn

David81

Reaction score
I've a habit of turning my hips on my backswing, I've been advised to try to minimise this and indeed I notice most touring pros don't rotate their hips too much. However, found this pro actively promoting a hip turn, what are the disadvantages of this approach?
[COLOR=#fafafa !important]

[/COLOR]​
small-logo.png

I'm in that same boat my friend. I have a great shoulder turn but my hips also have a tendency to turn too much. If you can minimize your lower body against a good shoulder turn this will give you some added pop. I was reminded of my issue once I posted a video for the THP members to view and critique. You may want to take a video of your swing and post it.

Kongfrontation

I've had this same problem and trying to fix it now. Over rotation of the hips on the back swing will make it very hard to get them back in the correct position at impact. This can lead to a number of problems. I've been putting a ball you would find at target, a little bigger than a basketball, between my legs to help. It a very different feeling and I've been working on it for a little over a month and have notice better contact and more consistent. I would make ask JB to move this or ask the pro yourself.

Tapaway!

Thanks for the replies guys, it's good to know that golfers of a significantly higher standard than me have the same problem!

I know some tour stars with the same issues. Its a golf thing not a golfer, we all play the same game and will run into the same problems over the years.

Thanks for the replies guys, it's good to know that golfers of a significantly higher standard than me have the same problem!

Back