Where to buy golf pants if your short

Golf84man

Reaction score
Handicap
I know it kinda sounds funny but a 30 length is a bit long and I cannot for the life of me find a company that makes or carries a 29. One more question I love the new Puma pants but can't even find them in a 30 does anyone know where you can

You could always get them hemmed,

You could always get them hemmed,

That what I end up doing for the most part but I've been looking at some pant that have a split hem at the bottom so they cover more of the shoe and I'm not sure if I can get them hemmed

Not sure what waist size you wear, but try the kids/teen section at Sear, Pennys, Kolhs, etc. Thats what I did for years until my belly got out of control. :D

Im a big believer in bringing golf clothes to a tailor and a lot of the stuff we get comes unfinished so you can get that perfect length. I would also recommend talking to Patty at Blind9, because she can also special order if a brand makes them.

I wear about a 28" inseam so I feel your pain. There are stores that specialize in vertically challenged peoples clothing, but I doubt they would have the split hem pants. I'm sure a good seamstress could hook you up.

Im a big believer in bringing golf clothes to a tailor and a lot of the stuff we get comes unfinished so you can get that perfect length. I would also recommend talking to Patty at Blind9, because she can also special order if a brand makes them.

Thats kind of what I have to do now. I buy mine from a local mens store that will tailor them to me and most of what I buy comes off their sale rack. Blind9's a great idea, Patty will take great care of you.

I wear about a 28" inseam so I feel your pain. There are stores that specialize in vertically challenged peoples clothing, but I doubt they would have the split hem pants. I'm sure a good seamstress could hook you up.

I kid, I kid, but I just had to.

Spoiler
43keeb.jpg

thanks for the help guys

Haha I needed that laugh.

I know it kinda sounds funny but a 30 length is a bit long and I cannot for the life of me find a company that makes or carries a 29. One more question I love the new Puma pants but can't even find them in a 30 does anyone know where you can

Check out Subseventy.

Their custom pants come in lengths as short as 28'. The are pricey though for the customs. Cheaper to buy the regular trousers and have them hemmed. Any good tailor/seamstress should be able to add the slit in the leg.

http://www.subseventy.com/product.asp?P_ID=152&CAT_ID=29

Hey Golf84Man - Puma definitely does not offer shorter lengths (I'm looking at their order catalog right now). I have the same problem in women's pants (I'm 5'3" on a good day, and if I wear flats my inseam is very short). I also usually get the pants tailored at my dry cleaners. It's more than a simple hemming job, but worth if the pants have a split hem.

There are some brands that make different lengths - both Adidas and J. Lindeberg make 30 length pants - but not shorter than that.

PM me if you are interested in any special orders or the shorter lengths.

Hey Golf84Man - Puma definitely does not offer shorter lengths (I'm looking at their order catalog right now). I have the same problem in women's pants (I'm 5'3" on a good day, and if I wear flats my inseam is very short). I also usually get the pants tailored at my dry cleaners. It's more than a simple hemming job, but worth if the pants have a split hem.

There are some brands that make different lengths - both Adidas and J. Lindeberg make 30 length pants - but not shorter than that.

PM me if you are interested in any special orders or the shorter lengths.

So puma doesn't even make a 30 inseam

Just wanted to add that I took a pair of golf pants to be altered today. $15 for the hem and adding a slit.

I see trouble in this thread so I will keep my mouth shut

Yup, shorties hate tallies. I would too I suppose.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Good call! :beat-up:

Yup, shorties hate tallies. I would too I suppose.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I don't have anything against you giants, other than you are all ugly and smell bad ... :D

Do men's pants offer the option of short? I know women's pants have options of regular, fit, long fit and shorter fit. Just wondered if men's do the same. I have some that are a bit long for me, doesn't cost much to hem them and because I can do it myself, even better :good:

Good call! :beat-up:

I don't have anything against you giants, other than you are all ugly and smell bad ... :D

Couldn't you guys just buy shorts made for tall men and wear them as pants? Seems easier than all this hemming.

Men's pants are usually sold by the numbers (waist size / inseam size), like 34/32 or 38/30. 30 is typically the lowest number you'll see for inseam, but that's only good to about 5'9" I would guess, depending on where one wears their pants.

I think pretty much all tailors can add a slit in the hem. I had some Sligo pants that were 34" in length with a straight hem. I brought them to the local dry-cleaner, and had them shortened and added a slit, so I could look like all the pros out there. After some explaining and drawing a picture, they got the idea on the slit. When I picked them up, the lady who made the alteration knew what she was doing and they came out perfectly. I can't wait to bust them out.

Back