Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

Look forward to it, we can learn each others Crazy accents over some sweet tea and bourbon.

Lord have mercy, you get me liquored up on uncle daddy's sweet tea and KellyBo will whup both our arses !

Lord have mercy, you get me liquored up on uncle daddy's sweet tea and KellyBo will whup both our arses !

Well I don't want that, maybe just sweet tea then.

Well I don't want that, maybe just sweet tea then.

I don't know about all that now. I can throw down a few cold :drinks: with the best of em!

I am finalizing these details in the VERY near future. Is there anyone else who wants to be a part of this shindig?

I didn't even know you had started this thread Gus! You're on the ball though! AG and I are for sure in!

I didn't even know you had started this thread Gus! You're on the ball though! AG and I are for sure in!

Already on the list buddy!

It looks like the tee-times are going to be early on the haig. Still waiting to hear back from PGA staff- since the pro shop is unable to help me (being that we are an AWESOME VIP outing)

Team 3 1/2 men are still clearly the team to beat...who are you kidding One T? Just trying to give them a false sense of security clearly.

I'm trying to figure out who the 1/2 man is on your team. :D

I am finalizing these details in the VERY near future. Is there anyone else who wants to be a part of this shindig?

What is the shindig you are refering to Gus?

I have a question for anybody that may be able to help. For all who have previously attended an outing is there any chance that any of you happened to keep a somewhat accurate tally of how much the trip and lodging plus everything in between might have run you? If no one can recall an accurate # my second question would be can anyone possibly come up with a figure for this years outing and maybe post it for refference? I would appreciate it. Since my pockets dont seem to be overflowing with cash these days I just think it would be helpful for me to have a figure that I can slowly build towards between now and next years outing.

I have a question for anybody that may be able to help. For all who have previously attended an outing is there any chance that any of you happened to keep a somewhat accurate tally of how much the trip and lodging plus everything in between might have run you? If no one can recall an accurate # my second question would be can anyone possibly come up with a figure for this years outing and maybe post it for refference? I would appreciate it. Since my pockets dont seem to be overflowing with cash these days I just think it would be helpful for me to have a figure that I can slowly build towards between now and next years outing.

Keep in mind I'm coming from Canada, but I'm paying about $350 for my flight, say $400 for all my hotels, and then whatever I buy when I'm down there. I would say $1000 would do you.

Moved this over to the outing thread.

Taking airfare out of the equation, I think people did it for as little as $600 and as much as $1000. That includes golf, breakfast each day, the THP dinner, range balls, etc are all included in the cost. Then you add in lunches and drinks and a dinner as well as extra rounds.

Taking airfare out of the equation, I think people did it for as little as $600 and as much as $1000. That includes golf, breakfast each day, the THP dinner, range balls, etc are all included in the cost. Then you add in lunches and drinks and a dinner as well as extra rounds.
I believe I got by on $600 last year (not including airfare) and I wasn't watching what I spent at all. That was 1 extra round and several drinks....several drinks. I mean there were a lot of drinks consumed. Hehe. So yeah that's a fair gauge right there, $600ish.

Keep in mind I'm coming from Canada, but I'm paying about $350 for my flight, say $400 for all my hotels, and then whatever I buy when I'm down there. I would say $1000 would do you.

Thanks man, I was thinking somewhere in that range as well.

I believe I got by on $600 last year (not including airfare) and I wasn't watching what I spent at all. That was 1 extra round and several drinks....several drinks. I mean there were a lot of drinks consumed. Hehe. So yeah that's a fair gauge right there, $600ish.

Thanks for the info gents I appreciate the feedback. I think I will just give myself a budget of $1500 overall to account for any unforseen splurging that may occur.

In actuality, KB it's me. It seems that I'm playing with trees and I'm the short one of the bunch.
Dude you're our golden ticket to winning this thing though, I can't wait to get you out there and see that GORGEOUS putter in action firsthand. The more putts you drain the less I'll have to even try to putt...which trust me is a very good thing!

Dude you're our golden ticket to winning this thing though, I can't wait to get you out there and see that GORGEOUS putter in action firsthand. The more putts you drain the less I'll have to even try to putt...which trust me is a very good thing!

Hate to break this to you Jake but the putter is coming along but might not see action. I've been putting better with a new Odyssey flat stick and that might be the gamer for the weekend. In any case the putting should be better.

Hate to break this to you Jake but the putter is coming along but might not see action. I've been putting better with a new Odyssey flat stick and that might be the gamer for the weekend. In any case the putting should be better.
Can we still bring the SeeMore and maybe mount it to our cart like a hood ornament? I love that thing and can't wait to see it in person!

Can we still bring the SeeMore and maybe mount it to our cart like a hood ornament? I love that thing and can't wait to see it in person!

Just make sure that you don't hit the brakes too hard and run it over. I'm treating it now like a work of art. :D

Just make sure that you don't hit the brakes too hard and run it over. I'm treating it now like a work of art. :D
Deal! That thing is a work of art!! But yeah definitely bring the putter that you're rolling better to the scramble on Saturday!

Now that people are making their flight plans and finalizing things, we could probably start scraping together a list of people who want to play a round Monday before they take off from the resort. Last year we had 2 tee times, and while I didn't participate in the larger group- I know every one of them had a WONDERFUL time.

For those of you concerned about timing- Staticline and I motored and finished 18 in just under 2 1/2 hours (shooting my best score of the weekend!). In fact, I was able to run back to the other group and say goodbye while STILL making it to the airport for my 2pm flight with plenty to spare.

Who all is interested? I am willing to take charge of this project- set up tee times and organize 4somes. Just let me know if there is enough interest to do this!

Current List

CG13
CarstenBF
AdamsGirl
9i Man
RxGus
SW FLA
True Temper
True Temper's Dad

Any more takers? Otherwise we will have our 2 foursomes set!
Waiting to hear back from the resort tomorrow to finalize things

I was thinking that since this will only be my second trip to Florida EVER, I might come in the weekend before and drive up to Ponte Vedra to watch the Sat and/or Sun rounds of the The Players. Is anyone from THP going to be there? I've never been to a PGA Tournament, only Champions and I had a blast.

Also, has anyone been to the World Golf Hall of Fame? Is it worth going to?

I was thinking that since this will only be my second trip to Florida EVER, I might come in the weekend before and drive up to Ponte Vedra to watch the Sat and/or Sun rounds of the The Players. Is anyone from THP going to be there? I've never been to a PGA Tournament, only Champions and I had a blast.

Also, has anyone been to the World Golf Hall of Fame? Is it worth going to?

Been to the Hall of Fame and it was "okay" to me. But its not really my thing for this sport. I do enjoy going to golf tournaments and that will have a great field obviously. It will be far more crowded than a Champions Tour event, but if you are okay with crowds, then definitely check it out.

Sometimes people do not know this and while I am sure you do, I should point out that FL is a pretty big state and Ponte Vedra is VERY far from WPB. So anyone reading this it is not a 2 hour drive down a pretty coast line.

It will be far more crowded than a Champions Tour event, but if you are okay with crowds, then definitely check it out.

...Pointe Vedra is VERY far from WPB. So anyone reading this it is not a 2 hour drive down a pretty coast line.

Thanks for the info!

I'm ok with crowds. And they said at Sahalee that Fred Couples had a Tiger-sized crowd following him. There were a lot of people there.

I looked and it's about a 4-1/2 hour drive from WPB. That's nothing to me living out west. Everything is about a 4 hour drive. Tehehe.

Back