Highest hole score?

Fourputt

Head Rules Official
Reaction score
Handicap
With all of the talk about Kevin Na's difficulties in Texas, I was curious as what some THP'ers highest single hole scores might be.

My highest ever on a par 4 hole was a 10, the highest on a par 5 was 12, and both came on consecutive holes (6th and 7th holes of my home course) in the same round while I was supposed to be playing to a 10 handicap. It was in my club championship in 1992, first round of a 72 hole tournament and I played myself out of the competition in 7 holes. No chance to come back from 13 over on 2 holes, so I know sort of how Kevin feels.

I took a 10 yesterday on a par 4, had a grenade off of the tee and a a bunch of toppers

I have picked up my ball and not finished a few holes earlier in my golf career, but the highest score I have ever posted on a scorecard is a 12. Needless to say, I wasn't happy about it! LOL

I was thinking about this last night and I don't ever remember carding higher than an 8. But last year I had a really bad hole where I pushed two drivers into a similar situation as Na yesterday. It was a match so I just picked up.

Don't really know. Would have to think I would have had a 10 or better at least once somewhere along the line. The bulk of my golf has always been part of a skins game or some sort of team game so if it gets out of hand you just pick up and take the dreaded 'X'.

I've fired a 12'r a time or two.

In Tournament play I took a 12 on a Par 5. Highest I can remember on a par 4 was a 9 on the following hole after that.

Highest ever? I remember being about 9 years old and shooting 17 on some hole with my Dad and thinking I won because I had the highest number. HaHa

More recently.... I have had a few 10's, mostly par 4 water holes. Haven't seen anything over that in a long long while.

I've taken a 15 on a par 4 just a few months ago. I sort of hate to think about it. Pretty decent tee shot with my driver - right rough but sitting up ok. Hit a rocket of a 4 iron shot next - played for my hook which didn't happen. Ball went straight into the left rough into a eucalyptus tree grove and sat amongst 15 years of dead eucalyptus tree leaves. Walking to take a stance was like being on a trampoline. Hit a shot 90 degrees just to get back into the fairway and the ball buried in the leaves somewhere in front of me. Lost ball. Dropped and shanked the shot into a tree. Hit again into the leaves and another lost ball. TWO more tries and I was out into the sand. Two shots to get out of the sand and three putts. Carded a 15. Next time I play that hole I'm taking a chain saw.

I played a partners match play one time, and one of our opponents hit 4 straight approach shots into the hazard short of the green, then conceded the point for the best high score on the hole (our partner match play has a scoring system that gives a point for the best of the two high balls and a point for he best of the two low balls). He would have had to drop his 5th ball and been lying 9, still with the lake to carry. This was the same 340 yard par 4 hole that I took the 10 on in my first post.

In a tournament last year I went:

1) Fairway Drive
2) 7 Iron layup way right over to another hole
3) 7 Iron back into the fairway into the water
5) Chip into the water
7) Shank into water
9) Shank into water
11) Shank into water
13) Shank into water
15) Shank into water

At this point I ran out of balls and was disqualified, if I had unlimited balls I probably would have taken over 20. I was at 15 and still not over the water.

I got a double bogey once. :blob:

In all fairness the 28 in 3 holes speaks for itself. Although I remember it being 9-9-8, but have the scorecard somewhere kicking around.

I got a double bogey once. :blob:

In all fairness the 28 in 3 holes speaks for itself. Although I remember it being 9-9-8, but have the scorecard somewhere kicking around.

Your lack of snow is meddling with your ability to add: 9+9+8=26!

I stop counting after I lose the 4th ball....

1) Fairway Drive
5) Chip into the water
7) Hosel rocket into water
9) Hosel rocket into water
11)Hosel rocket into water
13) Hosel rocket into water
15) Hosel rocket into water

At this point I ran out of balls and was disqualified, if I had unlimited balls I probably would have taken over 20. I was at 15 and still not over the water.

FIFY......

That sounds very painful btw.

Thanks jef,

yes it was very bad, it was on the last hole too so the whole clubhouse could see my disaster.

I've been in the low teens a couple of times, but thankfully it has been many years.

There are two kinds of golfers, those that have shot double digits on a hole, and those that will.

I'm sure as a kid I had a bunch of high number holes. In high school I made an 11 on a par 5. Six or seven years a state amateur qualifier was held on my home course. I made a 10 on the first hole. It was raining so that is my excuse, but that was really embarrassing. Especially since I hit two perfect shots to start the hole and had 70 yards left to the green for a third.

Went a little down hill after that. Bounced one off my cart for a penalty, and completely under the ball all with another out of long wet grass behind the green.

Kevin

I had a 12 on a par 5 once. Hit 2 balls out of bounds in a row and couldn't get my mind back after such a bad few shots.

I am not sure about my highest score on a single hole. I stop counting after I run out of fingers and toes.

I carded an 11 on a par 5 in my Men's Club 3 or 4 years ago. Two drives OB right, hitting 5 off the tee and then 6 more from there.

Recently, I had a 9 in my Men's club on the #1 HC hole, 450 yard par 4.

I snap hooked a drive about 50 yards off the tee into the trees that line the left side of the tee. I actually hit a pretty good 2nd shot to about 100 yards but was right behind a tree. Instead of pitching out safely, I tried to hit a super high shot over water to an elevated green. I hit it directly into the tree and it came right back to me. The second try made it over the tree but didn't clear the hazard but the ball was playable. Chopped it out short of the green and it rolled back into the hazard. I played a one handed, backward chip short of the green. I then flubbed a chip about 4 feet, then chipped it on and two putted for a 9 without a single penalty stroke.

Truly agonizing and a lesson in course management for sure. I could have played smart and had a bogey or double if I hadn't tried to hit a few "miracle" shots. Didn't do so hot that day and rode the bogey train for quite some time while my head was swimming after the quintuple bogey.

1) Fairway Drive
5) Chip into the water
7) Shank into water
9) Shank into water
11) Shank into water
13) Shank into water
15) Shank into water

lmfao,I hope you are joking

I made a 12 on the 18th hole of the Palmer course at the outing last year to lose my match to JB. I had the match, and squandered it all away on 18. Yoccos was riding with me. He thought it was entertaining. I actually hit some good shots, they just went in the water, haha.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Back