Grafalloy Prolaunch Red

Oregon Golfer

#XBomb
Reaction score
Handicap
Who has this shaft? I know that there is no 1 perfect shaft for everyone, (don't tell the Nunchuck people), but a friend of mine recently reshafted his Callaway Big Bertha 460 with this shaft and picked up about 30 yards. He is hitting legitimate 300yd bombs. I hit a few with it at the range and while it felt "whippy" I too was hitting it longer than my norm, (nowhere near 300). Anyone with a R9 or R11 mioght consider grabbing one of these to see how it works. I think they sell new for ~$30.

I have the red, blue and platinum all tipped for the R9. I personally did not like the red, it launched too low for me.

I had the blue and Plat but never hit the red. I love the plat in my fairway wood

I have the red, blue and platinum all tipped for the R9. I personally did not like the red, it launched too low for me.

I had the blue and Plat but never hit the red. I love the plat in my fairway wood

I know the Red is a "lower" trajectory and the Blue is "higher", what is the platinum?

Platnium is the middle of the 3 in terms of launch. I use the Platinum in my 3w and 5w. The Platinum for my old R9 driver is the 75g I believe and not the 60. But both the red and blue I have are the 60 versions.

I had the platinum in an R9 460 and the Red in the R9 supertri, both pretty decent shafts if they fit you and the driver.

I have it in my Bridgestone J33R driver. Gives me a reasonably low trajectory and nice roll-out on firm grounds.
/pb

Back