MD177

Reaction score
Handicap
GAM: 18.8
I just got did another ball fitting from Bridgestone earlier and was recommended the E5. the guy said I'm over compressing the E6, therefore losing 10 yards or so. my swing speed is faster from low 90's to high 90's. the average distance was about 196 for E5 and 186 for E6. anyway, my question is what is your swing speed and what average distance do you get from your driver? my full result will be e-mailed to me coz their printer wasn't working at the time. I'm just curious if my swing speed and distance are ideal, okay, or not?

hope that made sense. Thanks.

I honestly do not know my driver speed. I am somewhere around 90 with my 6 iron right now though. I get, on a sweet spot hit (a rare occurence) around 240 yards of carry with a little bit of roll afterwards. As I am now though, I am swinging easy on my driver until I can reshaft.

I honestly do not know my driver speed. I am somewhere around 90 with my 6 iron right now though. I get, on a sweet spot hit (a rare occurence) around 240 yards of carry with a little bit of roll afterwards. As I am now though, I am swinging easy on my driver until I can reshaft.
thanks for the input.

97mph = around 270 total yards on a warm summer day.

wOw! I don't think I've ever hit a ball that far before. I know I've hit the E6 around 240-250 before. I wonder why my distance was only 196 average on the monitor. hmmm...

btw, I'm not really that good. this is only our 2nd full year of golf. my main goal this year is to be able to hit the ball flush by end of the season. my average score is high 80's to low 90's on a shorter course and mid to high 90's on a longer course.

Your smash factor must be insane. 94-100 and I get about 240 carry.

Tap before talk.

My swing speed is in the 110 and 115 range. My drives are typically in the 280 - 300 range. I am playing the new e7 balls and I love the trajectory they give me.

I also forgot to add that I didn't use my regular driver (R9 SuperTri). they only had a stiff shaft available. I actually tried the J38 driver. dunno if I really like it. I just like the sound of the SuperTri more.

Swing speed isn't the only thing that's going to affect your distance. Side spin, launch angle, and back spin will have a big affect as well. With a 95mph swing speed, my 'ideal' distance should be in the 240 range, but that's assuming I swing well and get the perfect launch conditions.

Whoa! How much roll are you getting and if very little, please tell me what driver and ball is giving you that? That is insanely awesome.

On a related note, I am very curious on how people are measuring these? Launch monitor? Scorecard and how much is left to the green? This is in general of course, not specific for here. We see these numbers all the time that simply defy the laws of physics (based on carry, not total distance because downhill with hard grass and who knows) and I am really curious how the measurements are taken.

95-100 with distance being 240-250.

multiple ball fittings, launch monitor sessions, and indoor simulators have all pretty much said the same numbers

I don't think a lot of these #'s are very accurate. I get most of my #'s on a vector and the last time I did with the R11 I was averaging a swing speed of 111mph, ball speed average was 162 mph and my carry distance average was 276 yards. I don't know how anyone with a swing speed around 103-106 mph can get a distance anywhere near 270 yards. I think most people use scorecards for measurement purposes or something.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

95-100 with distance being 240-250.

multiple ball fittings, launch monitor sessions, and indoor simulators have all pretty much said the same numbers

This about what I'm seeing as well. My SS average is 93/94 and my driver distance is around 230/240 average.

theres a lot of long yardages for some high handicaps like me lol

honestly, I'll be happy with a 220-240 drive for this year. when it's all said and done with the right equipment and pretty consistent swing, I'd like to be around the 270-290 range. right now, the courses we're playing and playing mostly on the whites, I think I'll be fine around 220-240 for the driver. some of the courses we play, I actually have to use a 3w off the tee and have a 7i-8i for approach shot. can't wait to game the E5 and see how I do. unfortunately, they only come in white. :(

honestly, I'll be happy with a 220-240 drive for this year. when it's all said and done with the right equipment and pretty consistent swing, I'd like to be around the 270-290 range. right now, the courses we're playing and playing mostly on the whites, I think I'll be fine around 220-240 for the driver. some of the courses we play, I actually have to use a 3w off the tee and have a 7i-8i for approach shot. can't wait to game the E5 and see how I do. unfortunately, they only come in white. :(

According to the sig, you are a fellow TP Blacker, are you not liking that ball?

I played the E6 for awhile, cant say anything bad about it, never tried the e5 though

My driver has escaped me recently but the last time I checked on a LM....

SS 100-108
Carry Distance: 240-255
Total Distance 250-265

Right now I am averaging 220 yards and 60 yards of slice...

94-104 ish (according to the monitors and trackmans I have used)

I range anywhere from a total yardage of 240 to 275. I usually average 250 +/- 5 yards. This is all depending on what swing flaw is effing with me on a given day.

Whoa! How much roll are you getting and if very little, please tell me what driver and ball is giving you that? That is insanely awesome.

On a related note, I am very curious on how people are measuring these? Launch monitor? Scorecard and how much is left to the green? This is in general of course, not specific for here. We see these numbers all the time that simply defy the laws of physics (based on carry, not total distance because downhill with hard grass and who knows) and I am really curious how the measurements are taken.

Leupold Gx-1 range finder. I put a marker out in the fairway or rough at my ball and shoot from the teebox. It's time consuming but accurate.

Indoor simulators (not launch monitors) have measured me between 220-280 which, I am no 280,270, or 260.

Tap before talk.

DRIVER
SS average: 112
Carry average: 265
Total average: 280
Launch angle average: 12.2*

Multiple sessions on Vector, Optishot, and Simulator over the winter with my R11, Penta and Pro V1, and measuring with my Tour V2 on the course. I find it hard to beleive the earlier post that had a low 90's SS and was getting 270 yards. Not impossible, but very improbable.

SS is between 90-94, carry is from 195 to 210, roll will get me anywhere from 210 to 245. When at the Kingdom last month, my smash factor with the driver was consistently 1.48 which is very good, I was surprised.

Back