Do you believe this or is it fake?

I really cant believe this. For me the telling part was when the dad said he thought he would just get a few lines in the paper like last time. I dont think he thought his lie would get so much publicity. Seems like it snowballed on him, after which he had no chance but to stick to it.

That's a tough pill to swallow...more power to the kid if it's true, but seems like a whopper to me.

I have a hard time believing it also but golf is so odd and the planets align sometimes be it with luck, skill or divine intervention. I have had one Ace in all my years playing and it didn't happen on a 140 yard par three...........it was a 289 yard par 4 with a driver and if you gave me 25 years and unlimited balls I wouldn't be able to replicate it ever again. It was wet, the ball took a divot the size of bad hairpiece out of the front of the green at impact and proceeded to calmly roll 4 feet and into the hole. I called up to the club house and they said that it had never been done before on that hole.Was it luck ?(Probably) Was it skill ? (Maybe but really all I did was take too strong of a grip and swing out of my shoes)Was it divine intervention ? ( I doubt it as I had used God's name in vain bogeying the previous hole !)

GOLF IS UNEXPLAINABLE SOMETIMES !

I know that this IS possible but, personally i dont believe it for a second. The odds are astronomical for this to happen to tiger woods playing a par 3 course no way it happened to this kid. I cant even play that good on tiger woods 2011 on the wii.

I wont call them liars but this is very hard to believe. You ok Biggsy? haha

::Gives biggsy a glass of water::
Had something caught in my throat, thanks :D

I have a hard time believing it also but golf is so odd and the planets align sometimes be it with luck, skill or divine intervention. I have had one Ace in all my years playing and it didn't happen on a 140 yard par three...........it was a 289 yard par 4 with a driver and if you gave me 25 years and unlimited balls I wouldn't be able to replicate it ever again. It was wet, the ball took a divot the size of bad hairpiece out of the front of the green at impact and proceeded to calmly roll 4 feet and into the hole. I called up to the club house and they said that it had never been done before on that hole.Was it luck ?(Probably) Was it skill ? (Maybe but really all I did was take too strong of a grip and swing out of my shoes)Was it divine intervention ? ( I doubt it as I had used God's name in vain bogeying the previous hole !)

GOLF IS UNEXPLAINABLE SOMETIMES !
Now imagine throwing in three more shots of a lifetime and a chip in for good measure, totaling 4 shots of a lifetime and a chip in all the while shooting in the mid 80's. I'll take my chances it was a fabrication.

Yea this stuff is for the birds - I don't believe a word of it

I'm not believing this jokers story. Seems like he was just trying to get his kid in the local paper and didn't have the smarts to envision this story going more than local on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the kid and dad..go figure only one other guy saw ONE hole in one.

Or maybe I'm just jealous.

Jury is out for me. Hard to say. The odd's say no way.

I dare this kid to pass a polygraph test.

He is not related to this guy by any chance? Five Aces in one round! It just has to be true!

Spoiler
Move over Tiger: N. Korea's Kim shot 38 under par his 1st time out

457d987ac7eca.jpg

Special to World Tribune.com
EAST-ASIA-INTEL.COM
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Tiger Woods couldn't hold a candle to North Korea's Kim Jong-Il, if nation's government-controlled media reports are to be believed.

South Korea's Pyeonghwa (Peace) Motors Corporation plans to stage an inter-Korean golf game next month in the North's capital city of Pyongyang, company officials say.

"We have agreed with North Korean authorities to hold a friendly golf competition between the two Koreas from July 30 to Aug. 5 at a golf course in Pyongyang," said an official at Pyeonghwa Motors, which has started a business venture in North Korea.

Fortunately for all entrants, North Korean leader Kim Jong-Il will not be playing. If the official government media is to be believed, Kim is easily the greatest golfer, the world has ever seeen.

Pyongyang media say Kim enjoys golf, having shot multiple holes-in-one during his first try at the game. He reportedly aced five holes and finished 38 under par on the golf course. The "Dear Leader" routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round, the government-controlled media reported.

The event, touted as a "golf game for peaceful unification of Korea," will be attended by South Korea's top 15 female golfers, including LPGA players, 30 businesspersons and 20 singers and movie stars, the official said.

From the North's side, eight female amateur players and dozens of government officials as well as foreign diplomats in Pyongyang would also take part in the friendly game, he said. "They will compete in a 36-hole [competition] for the prize money of 100 million Won ($86,000)," the official said. Park Sang-Kwon, the company's president, was in Pyongyang to work out the details, he said.
North Korea has only one 18-hole golf course in Pyongyang. The North's media have said the 7,000-meter (7,700-yard) course is "in full line with international standards." The course, built in the mid-1980s by North Korean businessmen based in Japan, "bustled with Pyongyang citizens, overseas Koreans and foreigners," the North's official Korean Central News Agency said. Surrounded by a forest and a scenic lake, golfers can enjoy collecting plants and boating during breaks, it said.

"The course is not bad. North Koreans seemed to keep it well-managed," said a Pyeonghwa Motors official who has frequently traveled to the North.

Kim Dong-Wook, general secretary at South Korea's Golf Association, said golf is almost nonexistent in the North. "We believe there are no professional golfers," he said. Outside their country, North Korean golfers have yet to make their mark.

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/WTARC/2004/ea_nkorea_06_16.html

Oops! Someone posted this story already. But I think it get better every time!

EDIT: @#@$% TwoSolitudes, you beat me to it!

I thought North Korea's Kim Jong Il claimed 18 hole in ones on his first round of golf ever......Hilarious either way. This kid might have done this but it is difficult to prove with no reliable witnesses.

fake_vuitton.jpg

This is one I wouldn't want to bet on either way. If I bet against I'm hoping the guys are liars. If I bet for it I'm hoping a novice pulled off something no pro has yet to achieve, total luck. I don't like it either way.

Let's do the math. 3 holes in one, 1 eagle, and a birdie is -9 for 5 holes.

That leaves 13 holes. Still finished at 14 over which makes him 23 over for those 13 holes.

That is 10 doubles and 3 bogeys on average for the remainder of the holes.

Ehhhh....not buying it.

Let's do the math. 3 holes in one, 1 eagle, and a birdie is -9 for 5 holes.

That leaves 13 holes. Still finished at 14 over which makes him 23 over for those 13 holes.

That is 10 doubles and 3 bogeys on average for the remainder of the holes.

Ehhhh....not buying it.

When you type it like that, you're right. Im not buying it either

http://www.scrippsnews.com/node/27925

Here's the only other thing I've found on it so far (haven't searched that much but...).
This story identifies Paul, the single golfer, as Paul Taylor. The rest is the same.

[Reached Friday, Taylor said he did see the 14-year-old pull the ball out the cup on the 6th hole.
"They got excited, slapping high-fives," Taylor said. "Then the kid called his mom and told her he got another hole-in-one." ]

I wonder if they are members at the club, that is a fairly pricey club. Not sure how else they would be playing alone (though I'm not really up on country clubs and how to play them).

A few years ago a local Chicago TV station did a live story about an 89 year old woman who finally hit her first hole in one. While they were doing the intro for the story the lady teed off at the same hole and hit her second hole in one on LIVE TV!

That I believed. The kid......... I would have to interview ALL the witnesses.

This kid and his dad are F.O.S.

No, I don't believe it for a second..it seemed a little legit until they said later he holes out and then chips in on 17? Nah...

Nah, not a chance. /trust me, after the second ace, I would have found a witness or 12.

I can't believe it, I think this father is best friends with Balloon boys father.

Nah, not a chance. /trust me, after the second ace, I would have found a witness or 12.

That's my thought to JR, my greatest fear when I play a round by my self is that I will get a HIO, who would believe you? So now I am to believe 3 in one round plus an eagle and chip in birdie? Like I and others have already said,

FW5015lg.jpg

Back