NUNCHUK Shaft Giveaway

I also won a Nunchuk in their FB giveaway. I had it installed in a new Sonartec NP-99 14* head I had laying around. It works miracles with me not blocking shots with it. I never hit one way off the map left that I have been known to do. That right there impressed me about the shaft but it didn't completely sell me on the shaft. It being a uniflex shaft still bothers me somewhat. When you try to bend the shaft uncut it is like rebar. Installed there is no lag if you try to waggle it either. I really liked that about the shaft but still not sure how someone can use same shaft if they use a regular or x-flex shaft.

I really wanted to like the shaft and after first 10 or so balls I did. The ball went straight and I didn't hit it left. I went back and hit 30 more balls and noticed there was no feel with the shaft. I've used X and even some XX flex shafts and you can always feel them load but with this shaft there was nothing. I'm guessing it is technology where anyone can use this shaft but I couldn't get used to the no feel of the shaft. It like nothing I felt with all the shafts I've hit.

I really wish I would installed this in a driver to begin with. This way I could compare to my current driver but I didn't want to reshaft my driver when I'm happy with it at the time being. I have been looking for a new 3wd and this was a great opportunity. The Sonartec NP-99 is a very shallow face club and I'd never hit one before. It could have been some feel issues due to how shallow the head is or just could have been me. I hit my current 3wd against it and the Sonartec was shorter than my 909 3wd by 15 or more yards. I did notice the ball flight with Nunchuk was lower but distance and consistancy wasn't there for me. I would like to try this in a newer 3wd type head for sure.

The shaft's graphics and color looks awesome!!

I also won a Nunchuk in their FB giveaway. I had it installed in a new Sonartec NP-99 14* head I had laying around. It works miracles with me not blocking shots with it. I never hit one way off the map left that I have been known to do. That right there impressed me about the shaft but it didn't completely sell me on the shaft. It being a uniflex shaft still bothers me somewhat. When you try to bend the shaft uncut it is like rebar. Installed there is no lag if you try to waggle it either. I really liked that about the shaft but still not sure how someone can use same shaft if they use a regular or x-flex shaft.

I really wanted to like the shaft and after first 10 or so balls I did. The ball went straight and I didn't hit it left. I went back and hit 30 more balls and noticed there was no feel with the shaft. I've used X and even some XX flex shafts and you can always feel them load but with this shaft there was nothing. I'm guessing it is technology where anyone can use this shaft but I couldn't get used to the no feel of the shaft. It like nothing I felt with all the shafts I've hit.

I really wish I would installed this in a driver to begin with. This way I could compare to my current driver but I didn't want to reshaft my driver when I'm happy with it at the time being. I have been looking for a new 3wd and this was a great opportunity. The Sonartec NP-99 is a very shallow face club and I'd never hit one before. It could have been some feel issues due to how shallow the head is or just could have been me. I hit my current 3wd against it and the Sonartec was shorter than my 909 3wd by 15 or more yards. I did notice the ball flight with Nunchuk was lower but distance and consistancy wasn't there for me. I would like to try this in a newer 3wd type head for sure.

The shaft's graphics and color looks awesome!!

good stuff JD. What length did you play it at for your 3W?

good stuff JD. What length did you play it at for your 3W?

43 1/4". Not only do I like to hit it left... I can top it too. :banghead: So added 1/4" to see if it will help.

So, it sounds like it works as advertised. Thanks for the write up jd10.

I dropped my shaft off at the shop this morning and will be going to pick it up shortly.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Interested as well- I would probably go 44" too I like short drivers

Ok so I busted out the piggy bank (literally), and im getting myself a nice supertri head to pop this in. Couldn't resist. So hopefully I'll get a chance to hit it next week.

Back