Blowing Rock Country Club

GrantD

Formerly Known as DMB012
Reaction score
Handicap
I played in a tournament yesterday at Blowing Rock Country Club. It is a Donald Ross designed course. It was just beautiful. The fairways were manicured perfectly and the greens were fast and true. I was in amazement on every single hole of the views we had. We were mainly on top of the mountains playing golf. Here are two pictures I took during the round. I wish I would have taken more, but it was cold. This course was private, but some day I hope to play there again.

a44c38aa.jpg

Here is a picture before we started.

ed992ee7.jpg

This was a par 4 that we had to drive up to make sure it was clear. The tee box was about 50 yds back from this spot.

nice looking course!!

Nice view a couple more weeks and it'll have tons of color.

Nice looking course dmb, I'd like to see more of it. How'd you play?

I wish I would have taken more pictures. It was a two person captains choice tournament. We came in with a 69. The low score of the day was a 66. The wind was crazy up on top of the mountain. There were 30 mph wind gust.

I agree with you man - that place looks immaculate!

You big tease! I've heard a lot of good things about that course, it's on my bucket list.

Beautiful pics. Just spoke to my brother in Beach Mountain and he said they just got very early snow.

Looks like a good place for a round, thanks for sharing.

I've driven by it a few times but never played it. Congrats on the 69 setho's bff!

Beautiful pics. Just spoke to my brother in Beach Mountain and he said they just got very early snow.

Yeah, they were calling for it that day. I think it was like 45 but felt like 38 with the wind.

Tapatalkin

Wow that course is beautiful! Lucky you having been able to play it

I'm jealous. I drove through there back around Labor Day...nice looking course. Would love to play there if I ever had the opportunity. I have played the Boone Golf Club though..scenic, well-kept, but tough greens. (wicked fast)

Love the Blowing Rock area. We lived in Winston-Salem for several years and went to Boone/Blowing Rock often. That course looks fantastic.

Beautiful course, thanks for the pic's.

Back