What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an hour with my coach early this morning, told me to quit thinking about technique and start focusing on getting the ball in the hole using what I've got. I didn't really need to hear this (as I've said that this would be my last day working on technique for a few weeks) but I guess it hit home in some way, as I shot -4 on a quick 9-holer. Two birds and an eagle, parred the rest. A bit annoyed that the golf I'm playing now (standard a-b-c-golf, park type course) has precious little in common with next week, which is played on a 7800 yard links course...

That's a good score Thainer.. so close to shooting consistent 70's eh?

I'm driving and putting really well. Never better on each.

But I'm hitting my irons so thin all of the time. Im not leaning the shaft forward at impact and I'm experiencing all kinds of problems. Usually my irons are my savior.

I shot a 79 this morning. Really great ball-striking, just an excellent round...

...and then I woke up and it was raining.

I shot a 75. 34/41. First time I shot under par for nine holes. Had an eagle on 14. 28 putts.

Played 9 holes today and shot 41, promising start to the season.

On a whim, played 18 after I got back in town. Par 66 5300 yards. Shot an 80 (+14). That included six three jacks. Ouch! Something clicked yesterday. Never have hit the ball so well.

Posted via Tapatalk.

Last edited:
On a whim, played 18 after I got back in town. Par 66 5300 yards. Shot an 80 (+14). That included six three jacks. Ouch! Something clicked yesterday. Never have hit the ball so well.

Posted via Tapatalk.

That's super Hawk! This is going to your year!!!

Thanks KB! For awhile, I want so sure, but I really felt different the last two days.

That's super Hawk! This is going to your year!!!

Posted via Tapatalk.

No golf here, tremendous rains, could have 5-9 more inches by Wednesday.

After two awful rounds where I hit my irons very well but still shot over 100 today I finally got some things working. Par 71 6200 yards with a 124 slope. Shot a 43/46 for an 89. Had 14/19 putts for 33 putts total. Three jacked three holes on the back and struggled all day off the tee. Once I got to 125 and in I was good though. If I could just find my tee game I know I could go much lower. Left lots of strokes out there but happy to get back into lower scores.

After two awful rounds where I hit my irons very well but still shot over 100 today I finally got some things working. Par 71 6200 yards with a 124 slope. Shot a 43/46 for an 89. Had 14/19 putts for 33 putts total. Three jacked three holes on the back and struggled all day off the tee. Once I got to 125 and in I was good though. If I could just find my tee game I know I could go much lower. Left lots of strokes out there but happy to get back into lower scores.

Such a good score considering your off the tee struggles bro! You'll get it ironed out. Good job dude!

Such a good score considering your off the tee struggles bro! You'll get it ironed out. Good job dude!

Thanks man. I have worked a lot more on the irons and it shows. The guy I played with had some interesting thoughts on the driver and my swing. I'll get it worked out.

Have you thought about going back to just using the 13* FW Wood off the tee? It worked so well in FL.

i just started golfing late last year and am doing much better then i did then! 91. still have not broke 90! but getting better!

Have you thought about going back to just using the 13* FW Wood off the tee? It worked so well in FL.

I have given it a thought. I hit the 3w on the first hole and 10 and hit both but not with much distance. I've been struggling with with all my woods and the mashie too lately. It's very frustrating. But I did a swing change that's working great with the irons but the woods are still not there yet.

Not feeling really great about today. Embarassed to say I shot 100 even, when 3 weeks ago same course shot 91. Inconsistent as could be - had a birdie (which is rare for me) and also had an 8 on one hole and a 9 on another.... ugh! Lost WAY too many shots chipping, where I'm normally fairly adequate. Part of the problem is that I'm using a new putter, but I did gain some confidence with it today. One more positive note was that one of my drives went 268 yds and 2 others would have been in the same ball park if I'd marked them off with the skycaddie! I usually hit from 230-250-ish.

Today I went out and shot 4. I played hole 1.

haha, funniest post i've read in a while. Well done dent, I knew you were getting better.

shot 74 friday and 81 sat playing member tees 6681 72.4/132 at home course southern hills. One day putt lights out and hit tee straight next day voila nut'n ain't that golf.

Waiting for the new driver to help and may have too much anticipation for it but got to find a fairway.

I am terrible with my irons. that's what I shot today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back