The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OEM, bridges isn't a teenager. He skirted right around the turd swirler issue.

Who knew! I know my dad called those sudden downpours turd floaters.

OEM, bridges isn't a teenager. He skirted right around the turd swirler issue.

I actually have no clue what a turd swirly is, its just sounded good at the time to describe a tornado. But if I was guessing, a turd swirly is a swirly with a few turds mixed in.

I actually have no clue what a turd swirly is, its just sounded good at the time to describe a tornado. But if I was guessing, a turd swirly is a swirly with a few turds mixed in.
It's a chocolate cone from DQ.

It's a chocolate cone from DQ.

LOL Sean! That's what I was thinking as well.

Cook from frozen butter ball turkey is the worst, my belly hurts and its going to be a bad evening and morning tomorrow.

That sounds delicious and terrible tasting at the same time.

My mom loves them, but there crap, which is what I see a lot of in my future. They taste average, but salty but its just bad news.

BTW Dent, congrats on that even par round today! Its all coming together very early in the season for you.

BTW Dent, congrats on that even par round today! Its all coming together very early in the season for you.

Thanks buddy, it was just an overall great day. 100% FW's 100% greens, just all around consistent golf. I played really quickly as well.

Thanks buddy, it was just an overall great day. 100% FW's 100% greens, just all around consistent golf. I played really quickly as well.

Great stats there, I was not able to get out today, but I think I will be able to get out tomorrow.

Pepto Bismol: Nasuea, Heartburn, Indigestion, Upset Stomach, Diarrhea

[YOUTUBE]XghJuH6GSCo[/YOUTUBE]

Luckily don't need any after tonight's awesome Easter Dinner! :thumb:

Couldn't bargain out a round on easter eh? Bummer. Do you get Monday off work?

Im taking it off, but all that means is I wont be in the office, ill still be taking calls and emails, cause thats just the way it goes. We have to go to another family dinner but I think 9 holes could be in the cards. I have the first tourney of the year coming up a week from tomorrow so I want to get some practice in.

Im taking it off, but all that means is I wont be in the office, ill still be taking calls and emails, cause thats just the way it goes. We have to go to another family dinner but I think 9 holes could be in the cards. I have the first tourney of the year coming up a week from tomorrow so I want to get some practice in.

Ohh how exciting, you'll have to for sure make a nice detailed post on your tourny round. What type of format breeze?

Ohh how exciting, you'll have to for sure make a nice detailed post on your tourny round. What type of format breeze?

Its called the Conquer Cancer Classic, and it will be my first year playing in it. Format: 4 player teams picked by blind draw, best individual net score on each hole, groupings evenly matched by handicap. Should be fun.

Its called the Conquer Cancer Classic, and it will be my first year playing in it. Format: 4 player teams picked by blind draw, best individual net score on each hole, groupings evenly matched by handicap. Should be fun.

Right on! Best of luck. So you gotta riddle me this man. Here is the first hole layout of my home course:

461ea6b112175.jpg

The hole is a dogleg and a little more severe than it shows there. The hole is 362 from where I played it. I am trying to figure out how far I hit my 3H off the tee. I hit a small cut just left of the first pine on the right side. I had a 3/4 52* wedge out so I must have had around 117-123 out. Because I played right along the tree line with a small cut how can I total the distance of the drive? It still couldn't possibly be hole distance - yardage out could it? Because of the dogleg?

well first the hole yardage could be out, but the holes length is measured from the middle of the tee to the middle of the dogleg, and then to the middle of the green. If you can cut the corner or hit a fade (draw for me) around the corner then it is really tough to measure how far you hit the hybrid without a gps. I will say that having that little left into the green after hitting a hybrid off the tee is stupid, I would have hit 3 wood at least.

well first the hole yardage could be out, but the holes length is measured from the middle of the tee to the middle of the dogleg, and then to the middle of the green. If you can cut the corner or hit a fade (draw for me) around the corner then it is really tough to measure how far you hit the hybrid without a gps. I will say that having that little left into the green after hitting a hybrid off the tee is stupid, I would have hit 3 wood at least.

That's what I thought. The thing is too it is not that big of a cut. I must have even been just along the edge of the fairway during flight of my ball as well but if you do play it right along that line you can really cut distance. It's obvious that the Distance - Distance to the hole formula doesn't work because my drive yardage would have been unrealistic.

(Bolded): Do you mean that as a hole layout standpoint? As in they should architecture it so we can't play it like that? While I do agree the shot is pretty risky. Too much fade and your in the trees, perfect fade with not enough distance and you're in the trees, and dead straight you are in the trees. But yes, the hole is short and provides the easiest tee shot on the course. I usually hit 4 Iron.

That's what I thought. The thing is too it is not that big of a cut. I must have even been just along the edge of the fairway during flight of my ball as well but if you do play it right along that line you can really cut distance. It's obvious that the Distance - Distance to the hole formula doesn't work because my drive yardage would have been unrealistic.

(Bolded): Do you mean that as a hole layout standpoint? As in they should architecture it so we can't play it like that? While I do agree the shot is pretty risky. Too much fade and your in the trees, perfect fade with not enough distance and you're in the trees, and dead straight you are in the trees. But yes, the hole is short and provides the easiest tee shot on the course. I usually hit 4 Iron.

No I meant having that little left into the green after hitting a hybrid off the tee is a long hybrid man, 378 is not a shot hole per say, nor is it long, but to have a little GW in your hands after a hybrid off the tee is silly long.

No I meant having that little left into the green after hitting a hybrid off the tee is a long hybrid man, 378 is not a shot hole per say, nor is it long, but to have a little GW in your hands after a hybrid off the tee is silly long.

The way you can cut the corner on that hole is ridiculous. it takes off a lot of yardage. i usually go 4 iron then 8 iron or driver 56*

The way you can cut the corner on that hole is ridiculous. it takes off a lot of yardage. i usually go 4 iron then 8 iron or driver 56*

For me it would probably be Driver, GW or something like that, never having seen the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back