The Heritage [Spoilers]

The question has to be asked, did Donald choke? 3 straight holes with approach shots from the fairway and all 3 missed the green.

He choked before the playoff even started. he could have won on 17.

Congrats Lee Westwood, new #1 in the world. Kaymer's reign didn't last long and truth be told, kaymer didn't play great golf as the #1. Wonder why no one mentions that?

Good for Sneds! What a round of golf today. He's been knocking on the door a bit this year. Great win!

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Because he was playing in a Nationwide event this weekend (Lee)?

Donald couldn't get that #1 ranking all the way down. Chucked it up with short irons in his hands. Have to admit Westwood really went out there and grabbed the #1 with an impressive win on the Asian Tour.

Kevin

Because he was playing in a Nationwide event this weekend (Lee)?

haha. he is avoiding the Big boys this year.

wow what a finish, nice try Donald

He didn't choke...he under clubbed.

For 3 holes?
And at one point he overclubbed and tried to take too much off of it Costis said I believe.

Dang I was out doing family things all day. Sounds like I missed a good one.

Only in HD for us this week. If I had to watch frosty mcsweatya$$ in 3d today, I would gouge my eyes out.
So is it Luke you're not a fan of, or just his swampy pink pantaloons?

For 3 holes?
And at one point he overclubbed and tried to take too much off of it Costis said I believe.
Yes, for three holes...at least what I saw. The 185 yard 8-iron. I forget the other one. And then the 9-iron. I was surprised at all three selections. He hit all three solidly...he just didn't hit enough club.

Disappointing finish for Donald for sure,pressure got to him.Congrats to Snedeker he played clutch at the end.

Luke has played like that coming down the stretch before. It seems to be an issue for him and one I think he will have to come to terms with at least if he wants some wins. He can finish well in a tourney. But this issue does tend to arise for Luke when he has a legitimate shot at a win.

I wonder if in part there is little margin for error for a guy that is not a big hitter. His game is accuracy not length. Is it possible that for a guy that is a big hitter, there is less impact to his game when his throat starts to get a little dry? The big hitter may not be hitting fairways that often coming down the stretch but maybe he ends up much closer to the pin than Luke and has an easier time hitting the green.

Is it possible that for a guy that is a big hitter, there is less impact to his game when his throat starts to get a little dry? The big hitter may not be hitting fairways that often coming down the stretch but maybe he ends up much closer to the pin than Luke and has an easier time hitting the green.

I dont know, ask Dustin Johnson? :alien:

I think when Sneds canned his birdie putt in the 1st playoff hole, Luke knew he was toast. Sneds for the Presidents Cup? He showed a lot of fortitude out there today. He just went out and won that tournament.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Before today, Luke probably would've been mine, if not most people's pick, to hit a full iron shot when the money was on the line. That is no longer the case. While he didn't pull the British OPen Van de Velde, the US Open Phil or the PGA Champ Padraig, he really showed that when it was on the line, he wasn't ready for it.

It's Furyk's fault for dumping it in the water on 18, before Lukey Duke's shot. One of the announcer's made some comment about it being good for Luke that Furyk was hitting first. Crazy talk. And the camera man's. Ya, the camera man. He gets the thumb.

I had to leave just after Tommy 2 gloves finished and applauded the fans. I agree that it was a great gesture and I like seeing the pros show the fans that they appreciate them. I hope to see the playoff on TGC later and see how well BS was able to finish off the day.

Wow, Els is having another horrible day. +6 today after +4 yesterday, and we thought Fowler was stinking it up.

I think Els has other things on his mind other golf. Just saying...

I agree that Luke seems to hold back a little when it is coming down to the last few holes. He wasn't making the full swings and he was leaving them short in the bunker. I think he is second guessing himself too much instead of picking his shot and then stepping up and taking the full shot, accepting whatever comes from it. I know if I step up to my ball and I'm unsure how hard to swing, whether to try and draw it, fade it, etc. and then think about "what if I hook it or come up short" blah blah blah...anyway...I don't swing as well then. But if I just get it in mind that I have selected my shot and I'm taking it no matter what the consequence, then I hit it better.

Had this on DVR and just finished it. All I can say is WOW! That was a great fourth round and playoff. It was nice to see Brandt take it, though I would have been happy with Luke winning it as well.

Snedeker showed some guts after waiting about for the best part of 2 hours! Put up a great number, then came back out and finished it off. He was striking the ball solid all day long, and looked very unfussed over every shot. His routine didn't change at all, even under pressure. Very impressive.

Luke's got to be stinging that he didn't grab that chance. I think his birdie at the first playoff hole was his one big effort at finishing it. After that, he just didn't seem committed to any shot he played.

Sneds earned this victory. Glad I got to see the replay of the last few holes and the playoff. That was a lot of fun to watch.

Congrats Snedeker!

Sure did. I think it worked to his advantage to throw a low number up there for all the other players to ponder for the rest of their rounds
Sneds earned this victory. Glad I got to see the replay of the last few holes and the playoff. That was a lot of fun to watch.

Congrats Snedeker!

Sure did. I think it worked to his advantage to throw a low number up there for all the other players to ponder for the rest of their rounds
He had a ton of confidence going into the playoff and it showed. That was after sitting around for a couple of hours. Donald had his chances, Sneds just played better.

Absolutely. Plus he got to rest and collect his thoughts as well. I've heard harbourtown is easily the toughest course on your mental game outside of Augusta on the PGA tour.

Luke had the advantage, but he just didnt capitalize.

Absolutely. Plus he got to rest and collect his thoughts as well. I've heard harbourtown is easily the toughest course on your mental game outside of Augusta on the PGA tour.

Luke had the advantage, but he just didnt capitalize.

I agree Junior. Luke had plenty of chances to capitalize. Not sure if the pressure got to him or not though. Just seemed like poor club selection more than anything. Those shots he hit were right on line, just short. Hard to say that a guy who's made putts and hit shots like he has in the Ryder Cup can fall victim to the pressure.

I honestly believe he felt he won it by making that birdie on the 1st playoff hole, the Sneds just canned his putt. Sneds showed me a ton!

Back