The Royal Wedding

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
So who's watching it? We're recording it, not getting up that early.

I'll be recording it for the wife. That Kate is a looker though.

Ummm. No. I don't know these people, they have done nothing for me, and as far as I am concerned, this wedding is nothing but an ostentatious display of nonexistent wealth. What is the freaking point? They are not true royalty, they have no say in government affairs. I am paying about as much attention to this as I would to a celebrity rehab show.

Eeesh. Harsh.

Ummm. No. I don't know these people, they have done nothing for me, and as far as I am concerned, this wedding is nothing but an ostentatious display of nonexistent wealth. What is the freaking point? They are not true royalty, they have no say in government affairs. I am paying about as much attention to this as I would to a celebrity rehab show.

A bit harsh as stated!
With the economy in the uk like it is everyone could do with a pick me up,and we get a day off as well.The family is wealthy btw own an awfull lot of property.

I am a harsh person, and hearing about this for the last two months has soured me towards this event. If they truly want to help their country, their money could be put to better use.
Jacob, it's reported that the wedding will generate $600 million in revenue for London.

I am a harsh person, and hearing about this for the last two months has soured me towards this event. If they truly want to help their country, their money could be put to better use.

But some countries value traditions moreso than others despite the cost, and it's a bit much for you to determine that their traditions are not satisfactory for the way you would do things. Besides there will he huge gains.

Perhaps I was a little harsh there. I am in a bad mood. I apologize for my posts, and will delete them. Obviously I am not qualified to offer such a critical opinion, considering I do not even live in the same country.
But some countries value traditions moreso than others despite the cost, and it's a bit much for you to determine that their traditions are not satisfactory for the way you would do things. Besides there will he huge gains.

Also, I obviously did not consider the positive financial repercussions. I can, in my mental immaturity, be short sighted in such matters.

Also, I obviously did not consider the positive financial repercussions. I can, in my mental immaturity, be short sighted in such matters.

You're wisdom shines through all over this board Aggro(yeah, I said it). I wouldn't worry about it, you guys got rid of the Brits a long time ago, but you could've done it nicely. It's practically your nature to hate on them lol.

I'm kidding of course.

LOL, I will have you know I am a devoted Top Gear fan!
You're wisdom shines through all over this board Aggro(yeah, I said it). I wouldn't worry about it, you guys got rid of the Brits a long time ago, but you could've done it nicely. It's practically your nature to hate on them lol.

I'm kidding of course.

So who's watching it? We're recording it, not getting up that early.

Not me. I could not care less, and will be thrilled once this so-called "news" is no longer on front pages, etc.

Not me. I could not care less, and will be thrilled once this so-called "news" is no longer on front pages, etc.

I think it's kinda cool myself. Plus my wife is from there, so we will definitely watch. I probably would anyway, we all watched the Diana wedding to Charlie.

I think it's kinda cool myself. Plus my wife is from there, so we will definitely watch. I probably would anyway, we all watched the Diana wedding to Charlie.
Yeah man. My wife and a couple of my pals are in to it... I would go to a watching party if there was free drinks.

Yeah man. My wife and a couple of my pals are in to it... I would go to a watching party if there was free drinks.

Too early for drinkin'! haha

I personally wish Canada stayed more heavily tied with the Brits than we are now. It was a part of our identity. Like it or not, they're a big part of our heritage. It's not always a bad thing to have ties and traditions much like another country.

I am 3/4 Irish and was raised Catholic so I grew up liking the Brits a lot less than most people seem to here in the US.

I think it is kinda cool how they make it an event. I mean what is not to like? Not my scene for sure, but still cool.

Not watching it or recording it, I am fed up of it already, I shall be on the golf course when they get married

I'm a little heated that it's overshadowing more important news to the states, like huge parts of the southeast nearly getting completely wiped out. But hey, in all seriousness, this world could use a bit of happy news right now.

Ya I'm already over the whole thing. I'm just tired of hearing about it everywhere!!! Im glad that the UK is able to benefit from it, but I will not be watching.

I agree, what is not to like? is it probably overblown? yes. should the news focus on the south more? yes. but its hard for americans to grasp the seriousness since this isnt our culture, i think its good to have something positive bring the country together.

Imagine being in the UK right now? This is a huge pick me up for their entire country. I can't imagine an event being so influential on a country.

I agree, what is not to like? is it probably overblown? yes. should the news focus on the south more? yes. but its hard for americans to grasp the seriousness since this isnt our culture, i think its good to have something positive bring the country together.

I completely agree with you, I just would like to hear about other things and not this every single day. 24 hours a day.

Back