Not open for further replies.
played today in 30-50mph wind with angry looking thunder clouds hanging out
shot 41/37 for a 78
it was funnn
had a lot of lucky bounces and a few unbelievable shots
all in all i picked the right clubs and hit the right shots most of the time
my bad shots didnt punish me too much except for a few doubles
finished birdie par par par

I played a tournament today and shot 83. The good thing, my handicap is 15 now :D

Shot a 97 today in MASSIVE winds. Quite humbling, but it was a lot of fun. After the 4th hole I didn't care about the score as I knew it was going to be a tough day. This course is flat out hard with lots of elevation challenges and plays to just over 7000 yards. Not sure why I was off the blacks today. No pain no pain?

On #7 (par 4 472 yards, into huge wind gusts) it took driver, 3H, 3H to get to the uphill green in 3. Green is sloped and I was about 15 feet from the hole on the slope. Lined up my par putt when a big gust, I mean BIG gust almost knocks me over. Well, the ball started to move and all I could do was watch it roll off the front of the green some 40 yards away. Took a handy 8 on that hole.

My hat blew off my head into a water hazard...glad it wasn't my new THP hat. Just one of those days Mother Nature wins.

Well I went and played 27 once again and just played like a freakin goof. I can honestly say I hold the record for the quickest choke. I choked on hole 4. I parred the first three and was playing solid like normal and just striping everything, after that I lost my ability to wrist hinge, and that just sent me into a spiral of bad shots. I was just slicing everything and was just battling it alllll day. I had to take 2 unplayables today and had 3 doubles. I hit a 4 iron off the tee on the last hole, and it got wedged in a tree took an unplayable and 3 putted for a nice double. Once again putting and shortgame killed me.

41/40 for an 81
8 Fairways
8 Greens
34 Putts

3 Doubles
4 Bogeys
11 Pars

After that I went and played another 9 and once again just hit the ball so badly. Lost my tee game, and was hitting just terrible irons. Shot a 39 on that one.

When your golf season opens up you really start getting out there don't you! Sorry to hear that you weren't hitting the ball well man, but to shoot 40, 41, 39 with not hitting the ball well is still good. If I'm having an off day those scores would be 45, 44, 49

When your golf season opens up you really start getting out there don't you! Sorry to hear that you weren't hitting the ball well man, but to shoot 40, 41, 39 with not hitting the ball well is still good. If I'm having an off day those scores would be 45, 44, 49

Ya breeze I sure do, I have to make up for some lost golf. Already have my 11:45 tee time set for tomorrow and my 9:30 one for friday.

You know it was just one of those days and I can guess I can see improvement if I am hitting the ball terrible and still shooting a score like that. I am not totally sure how I got so many pars. I can't really dwell on the score but I am really dwelling on how I lost my swing after 4 holes. I guess we all get that where one wrong move and we all of a sudden develop a bad habit.

Well I went and played 27 once again and just played like a freakin goof. I can honestly say I hold the record for the quickest choke. I choked on hole 4. I parred the first three and was playing solid like normal and just striping everything, after that I lost my ability to wrist hinge, and that just sent me into a spiral of bad shots. I was just slicing everything and was just battling it alllll day. I had to take 2 unplayables today and had 3 doubles. I hit a 4 iron off the tee on the last hole, and it got wedged in a tree took an unplayable and 3 putted for a nice double. Once again putting and shortgame killed me.

41/40 for an 81
8 Fairways
8 Greens
34 Putts

3 Doubles
4 Bogeys
11 Pars

After that I went and played another 9 and once again just hit the ball so badly. Lost my tee game, and was hitting just terrible irons. Shot a 39 on that one.

sorry to hear about that bro... its early in the season and once you get in the groove you'll be going low in no time

Yesterday I had my best 9 holes yet. The big stick was on FIRE! It was like something between me and the driver really clicked yesterday. I hit 8/9 fairways with monter near perfect drives, I even manged to draw a couple drives too. My usual playing partner was gob smacked I was hitting the big stick so well. I was so happy with it, unfortunatly as it goes if you are doing something well something elese normally drops off and it did. My short game was terrible, I did not trust and chips or short shots on to the green and really noticed the gap between my PW and SW. Putting was off too due to the massive varience in green speeds. But I was just so happy that the driver was working so well, it just goes to show that if you really work at something it can pay off.

Just a quick rules question, if the fairway is GUR and your ball lands in that section and gets a massive lump of mud stuck to it, can clean it or do you have to wait until the end of the hole?

Just carded a 43 in the first men's league of the season. Left several strokes out there, that blows but at least I know I can score better. Took an 8 on a par 4 that involved 2 separate drops. First was in the fairway but I couldn't find it, second was in some palmettos sitting on stones. That hole alone would've put me in the upper 30's.

Really finding a grove with my 4W and 5I, pumped about that.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Just carded a 43 in the first men's league of the season. Left several strokes out there, that blows but at least I know I can score better. Took an 8 on a par 4 that involved 2 separate drops. First was in the fairway but I couldn't find it, second was in some palmettos sitting on stones. That hole alone would've put me in the upper 30's.

Really finding a grove with my 4W and 5I, pumped about that.

Good round buddy! Sounds like you are getting ready for some Rhino steaks. You like em rare or well done?

Good round buddy! Sounds like you are getting ready for some Rhino steaks. You like em rare or well done?

Well the ones in WPB are gonna be a little bloody ;)

I just gotta work on keeping that big number off the score card, more of a mental hangup than anything mechanical.

Didn't get to golf today but I got a coyote at approx 75 yards with my patrol rifle.

Finally had a decent round (for me) on my 4th night of league play. I shot a 44, the previous 3 weeks went 49, 50, 49. I also was 1 roll short literally on 3 12-15 footers. So I could've shot 41.

Feels much better to finally play to where I think I should've started the season. My goal is to break 40 by 4th of july at league.

Finally had a decent round (for me) on my 4th night of league play. I shot a 44, the previous 3 weeks went 49, 50, 49. I also was 1 roll short literally on 3 12-15 footers. So I could've shot 41.

Feels much better to finally play to where I think I should've started the season. My goal is to break 40 by 4th of july at league.

You"ll have that 40 by the end of may dude, keep on digging!

You"ll have that 40 by the end of may dude, keep on digging!

Thanks SW. I appreciate it! Gotta keep grinding.

Shot a bad 105, had 46 putts. Absolutley disgusted with my putting today, just didn't get the pace of them at all.

Was pretty windy aswell so that didn't help. Was pleased with how I played from tee to green though

While on vacation this week/weekend I played yesterday and today.

Yesterday:

Lakeside Golf Course
Rating/Slope: 69.3/121
Score: 42/48 for a 90
Fairways: 2/14 for 14.3%
GIR: 5/18 for 27.8%
Putts: 34

Today:

The Plantation Golf Resort and Spa Championship Course
Rating/Slope: 69.5/123
Score: 43/52 for a 95
Fairways: 2/14 for 14.3%
GIR: 1/18 for 5.6%
Putts: 35 (15 on the front)

Overall I'm playing decent but need to improve fairways and GIR. Putting/short game has been pretty good the past 2 days. If I actually hit some GIR, I would easily be sub 90.

Going to play tomorrow as well.

I decided to take a much needed half day break from work today and went out for a morning 18 at a course close to my house. I don't play this course much but every time I do I leave impressed. It is a tougher course than my home course, I've only broken 80 on this course once or twice before. The course just has a lot of trouble lurking that if you're not paying attention can just slap you with a double bogey in a second.

I was excited to get out today because it was my first round with the Odyssey DART that I selected for use in the Morgan Cup. I started with a sloppy bogey on 1, drive a little right short of the green then hit a not so great chip and 2 putted for a bogey. #2 is a par 5 that starts on top of a hill, goes down hill then the approach is back up the hill. It measures at 505 yards from the tees I played. My downhill drive (also downwind) put me right in the right side of the fairway exactly 200 yards from the green. The pin was up and I was down wind so I hit a 5 iron to around 10 feet or so. I got the read and called on the DART to clean up for eagle and sure enough it delivered! I was -1 for most of the front 9 but back to back bogeys on 6 and 7 stung a bit, both holes dead into an increasing breeze and I just didn't do well. I made pars on 8 and 9 for a front nine 36. The first 3 holes of the back 9 were dead into that wind and that stretch of holes is quite tough anyway. I hit some good shots, but one stupid 3 putt on hole 12. I stepped up to the par 4 18th hole needing a par to tie my personal best score (75). I hit a decent drive but my 2nd shot back into the wind came up short and I just didn't get up and down. Walked off with a bogey and a back 9 score of a 40 for a 76 on the day. I wasn't great with the driver today but my irons and my putter were really on. 2 more rounds this weekend, hopefully the good play continues.

Great score, dude! Especially considering it's a course you aren't so comfortable at.

not a bad day at all, definitely beats work!

Great score, dude! Especially considering it's a course you aren't so comfortable at.

not a bad day at all, definitely beats work!
Thanks guys! Yeah I was very happy with it, while I didn't tie my personal best score of a 75 I did shoot my personal best on that course.

I grabbed a pic of the 18th hole, this is from the forward tees, the set of tees I played are 25 yards directly behind where I stand in this shot. The pic doesn't do the elevation change justice, that fairway is about 30 ft below where I'm standing. As you can see, big trouble left the entire way, I was over that bunker on the right, from there I came up just short of the green. Not such a great chip then a 2 putt lead to a bogey. This course has a lot of holes similar to this, pretty fun course. Whenever visitors come I always take them here as it is one of my favorite lay outs in town.

IMG_20110429_111425.jpg

Just got back from playing 18 at my home course, shot a 45/41 86. Not a bad round, and I my putting and short game were great today. Driver was acting up for the first 9 but then he came around on the back. I think I'm going to sneak out right now for another 9 at a different course.

Great round Jake. Sounds like some solid putting helped keep you low. I actually had an eagle pity yesterday on my home course from off the green, but not rewarded, lol.

Tap,Tap,Tap

I shot 73 on a par 71. Beat my buddy out of 12 dollars. If its just him and I we play $10.00 for the total and birdies pay 2.00 a piece. I bogied 17 and he had par which tied the match at 3 over a piece. 18 is a par 3 151yds. I hit an 8 iron pin high left about 12 feet and he missed the green. He chipped to 5 feet and elected to finish and he yipped the putt. Needing a 2 putt to win the match I went ahead and made the birdie which gave me the match and 1 more birdie than him.

I know yall probably only care about the score but im bored so sorry lol. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

I shot an 81 on my home course yesterday. It was lightly raining all day and like a week ago my putting was spot on with the wet greens. I had only one double bogey,several bogeys and several pars, and no birdies. Overall great day, shot below my handicap and drove it straight all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back