NFL Draft Contest & Thread

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd I didn't get a single pick right.

Glad the Browns got out of the 6 spot. Once I laid eyes on Julius Jones I knew they made the right choice. Browns need a core, not a character like Jones. He may be fine, but he wouldn't have fit with the Browns. Bummed they missed Peterson...

edit: guess it is Julio, not Julius...oops

Julius Jones is the former Cowboy back who perfected the art of tripping over the lines painted on the field after being handed the ball.

I had the first 5 picked but in a slightly different order. I had Newton, Dareus, Miller, Green and then Peterson. Atlanta trading up for Jones blew up my chart. I did have a couple more picks right I think, picked Smith to the Cowboys at 9. Surprised that Minnesota reached for Ponder but I think he will be a good QB not great but good.

Last edited:
I had the first 5 picked but in a slightly different order. I had Newton, Dareus, Miller, Green and then Peterson. Atlanta trading up for Jones blew up my chart. I did have a couple more picks right I think, picked Smith to the Cowboys at 9. Surprised that Minnesota reached for Ponder but I think he will be a good QB not great but good.

Yeah I'd say ponder was a pretty big reach. Especially because I didn't think he'd even go in the first round myself, but that's why I'm NOT a draft expert!

Yeah I'd say ponder was a pretty big reach. Especially because I didn't think he'd even go in the first round myself, but that's why I'm NOT a draft expert!

I had Ponder going in the second round to the Redskins or the 49ers. They were talking on the radio earlier today about the fact that all the teams that need a QB are worried they will not have an opportunity to sign any free agent QBs and that there would be a run on QBs with several reaches by teams early on. I think we saw that with both Ponder and Locker. That was broadcast about 5:30 on my way home from work this afternoon so whoever figured that out is a draft day genius I guess.

You must be projecting based on the dreadlocks, but Jones has no character issues and is a very quiet team player. Browns have a much bigger character/complainer with Josh Cribbs already.

Cribbs a complainer? Guess you have to be nearer the Browns to understand him. No one around here calls him a complainer. Who knows if Jones wold have fit with the Browns? Moot point now and they addressed their biggest need and avoided the sexy pick. You gotta have O and D lines to compete with the Steelers and Ravens.

The Saints impressed me a ton in the 1st round. They literally got much better.

@hanks, I know you feel like you predicted the big 1sr round slide in Ingram but i'd say Bowers still being on the board is the bigger story (especially b/c you told me he'd be a Panther about a Brazilian times).

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

That was one of the more interesting drafts I can remember. How about the Falcons and Saints just declaring war on each other and drafting for it. Draw a line in the sand and its ON! Love it. The falcons better hope that Jones turns out to be a stud. What about Bowers to the Cowboys? If hes still there you have to take him.

What about Bowers to the Cowboys? If hes still there you have to take him.

I would love to see JJ make that pick. LOVE IT! That would be a very good pick in my opinion.

The draft was alot of fun, a few reaches for talent, I think the Falcons overpaid to get Jones, I like my Giants getting Prince. Now on to round 2!!!

I would love to see JJ make that pick. LOVE IT! That would be a very good pick in my opinion.

Me too. What a great pick that would be. If he is healthy and plays like a monster the secondary just got better. But I think he goes a few picks before Dallas though.

Cribbs a complainer? Guess you have to be nearer the Browns to understand him. No one around here calls him a complainer. Who knows if Jones wold have fit with the Browns? Moot point now and they addressed their biggest need and avoided the sexy pick. You gotta have O and D lines to compete with the Steelers and Ravens.

You're right...moot point now. Actually, I think it was a good deal for both the Browns and the Falcons.

That was one of the more interesting drafts I can remember. How about the Falcons and Saints just declaring war on each other and drafting for it. Draw a line in the sand and its ON! Love it. The falcons better hope that Jones turns out to be a stud. What about Bowers to the Cowboys? If hes still there you have to take him.

I would love Bowers or Williams or Austin to the Cowboys

I would love Bowers or Williams or Austin to the Cowboys

Me too. Maybe Garrett has more say in this than other coaches have because the first pick was a really smart pick.

I think the Lions Fairly pick was by far the best, put him next to Suh and that has to be considered in the top 3 of interior lines in the NFL! I'm a Suh homer, so take what I say with a grain of salt!! On the contest side, I stunk, but I expected that!

yes but that was before his knee went to sh!t....is it really a surprise to see him slide if the guy might have a degenerative knee condition? I think not.

The Saints impressed me a ton in the 1st round. They literally got much better.

@hanks, I know you feel like you predicted the big 1sr round slide in Ingram but i'd say Bowers still being on the board is the bigger story (especially b/c you told me he'd be a Panther about a Brazilian times).

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

yes but that was before his knee went to sh!t....is it really a surprise to see him slide if the guy might have a degenerative knee condition? I think not.

I suppose he has a knee condition. We'll find out soon enough though won't we. I was more or less deflating that big old draft head of yours.

That was already done by my epic failure of a draft contest submission
I suppose he has a knee condition. We'll find out soon enough though won't we. I was more or less deflating that big old draft head of yours.

That was already done by my epic failure of a draft contest submission

hahaha, yup, mine too dude. I went out on a limb with my picks though, I wasn't expecting much.

The Saints made out getting Ingram where they did. Dallas was trying to trade back into the first round to snag him.

I was within a pick or two of most guys, just not dead on......pretty sure I did better than Kiper and McShay though lol

hopefully Carolina picks D for most of the remaining draft man....

hahaha, yup, mine too dude. I went out on a limb with my picks though, I wasn't expecting much.

I was within a pick or two of most guys, just not dead on......pretty sure I did better than Kiper and McShay though lol

hopefully Carolina picks D for most of the remaining draft man....

They dont even have a 2nd round pick haha, maybe Newton can play defense too? lol

With the first pick in the 2012 draft....the Carolina Panthers select.......
They dont even have a 2nd round pick haha, maybe Newton can play defense too? lol

With the first pick in the 2012 draft....the Carolina Panthers select.......

Exactly! And I would think Andrew Luck would be a better fit than Scram, but OH WELL!

Back