Worst Golf Course You Have Ever Played

Couldn't even be mad. I mean, someone has gone to the trouble of finding a tree branch and finishing their beer just to help out the guys behind. Got to have a sort of respect for that.

You still play there ever? I will be in Halifax this September and was thinking of going back for old times. :) Was it still old man Rex running it? He must have handed it over to one of his sons by now.

and how can you live in Halifax and be a Dophins fan? Go Pats!

It has been a long time since played there, probably 5-10 years. The old guy was still there at the time and working the front door himself. To the best of my knowledge the course is closed now. As alternatives, if you're looking for a two hour game withing 15 minutes of the city, you could try Pin-High (Hammonds Plains) or Indian Lake (Prospect Rd, very professional par 3).

My dad got me into the Dolphins at a young age. These are hard times for the 'Fins...

There's no worse course than San Francisco's Lincoln Park. It's partly due to the fact that the city spends all it's money on Harding Park and doesn't give a damn about the other muni courses in the city. It's a shame because hole #17 directly looks out to the Golden Gate Bridge. Most scenic hole in San Francisco. It's a Par 68, so maybe it gets a pass, but impossible to play because of all the white daisies on every fairway. They sell orange balls in the clubhouse and recommend them to you because it's near impossible to find your ball.

My other vote goes to Lake Chabot Golf Course in Oakland. The only course I've played that has a PAR 6.
Lincoln gets no love. Its a shame too.

The course I played today. Furnace bay in perryville md. Fairways were crap. Tee boxes had little to no grass. Greens were pretty good. No beer girl??? Haha I don't drink when I play but a power aid would have been nice. I won't go back. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who lived in S Florida (Hollywood/Ft Lauderdale area) knows Oak Ridge Golf Course.....True cow pasture...Fairways were rock hard and full of weeds...Greens were even harder...They watered the fairways twice a week max, even in the summer....And they never aerated the greems in the 10 years I played there.... Clubhouse was very old and had that old, musty smell....Good bar though....Never any rangers....In the busy season (winters) they were packed with canadian snowbirds from Montreal because of the very cheap fees....In winter 5 1/2 hour rounds were the norm...The course is gone, a housing development is there now...It was a shame because it was a good layout with some really nice holes, just wasn't taken care of....Older guys told me is was a great place in it's prime...Second worse is also in Hollywood: OrangeBrook Golf Club a 36 hole city owned goat ranch....

Hard to say - I have ufortunately played lots of them that only barely resemble golf courses. I would say maybe Willow Springs near Fort Worth, played there about 20 years ago and you had to be careful not to step in cow poop on the fairways. A genuine cow pasture golf course with real cows. I don't know what it is like today but it was horrible then.

cant remember the name but it was in Louisville KY, 8 guys made the trip, we get there and it was basically a big dirt ball, no grass in the fairways, no matter how many nice courses Ive picked for the group since, they never let me live that one down

cant remember the name but it was in Louisville KY, 8 guys made the trip, we get there and it was basically a big dirt ball, no grass in the fairways, no matter how many nice courses Ive picked for the group since, they never let me live that one down

I believe the worst course I played was in Louisville also. All the tee boxes were covered in crab grass, the fairways, although had some grass, were mostly dirt/mud. The greens were just awful, most of the time we would call anything more than 5 feet an automatic 2-putt. The greens fees were discounted because they knew the course was in bad shape.

Durant "Country" Club in Durant, OK. Emphasis on country.

One hole you have to carry our drive over a cemetery. Seriously.

Believe it or not, the LSU golf course is pretty damn terrible in my opinion. It really IS an old cow pasture that has been converted to a golf course. The old course used to be great but they had to move it to make more parking lots for the football stadium. Worst idea ever...
The allow up to 6somes on weekends and it is brutal. Last time I went it took us an hour and 15 mins. to get to the 2nd tee box. And that was with a scheduled tee time. Marshall just looks at you when you ask about pace of play. I have never been to another course that let 5 and 6somes play on weekends. It was almost a 6 hour round and was overpriced to boot.
When we got done, I asked my playing partners if there were any holes that were liked. We agreed there was 1 total.
Have not been back since and don't intend to. LSU got enough of my money in getting my diploma...

I've got one!!

Me, the BF and Sacul were playing at Lake Elizabeth Country Club a few weeks ago. Its horribly the worst course we've played at and we all had our hopes up for this one!! Its a country club, so we thought it had to at least be great, right? NOPE!!!

They didn't have fairways, their fairways were rough. It seemed like they didn't mow in a while, same with the greens. Lots of dead spots, tons of dry panned areas, horrible. When you tee off, you can't even find a flat spot in the "grass" to tee off from and your foot always seemed to be in a dip. It was bad, we all shot bad that day and the price, the price was too much for what it was. Even if it was free, we wouldn't play there!!

We should've known. It all started with the lack of military discount that was advertised on their website. Then, it was the photo copied score cards, then the very dusty/dirty golf carts with cob webs all over them, to the range buckets that were beach buckets for sand. It was just BAD!!!

Sounds like my home course. Guess that's why I drive 38 minutes one way to get a nicer course.

Lochmere in Raleigh NC. Its just a giant mudpit with no variance in holes. Everything is straight with no fairway hazards and creeks running along both sides of the fairway. Every shot I hit I had to clean my club because of all the mud. Worst part is, it hadn't rained in almost a week when we played there.

I guess you can't count on getting a good bounce off a headstone - not all the time anyway.

Seaside golf club in Seaside Oregon. Very poorly kept, poorly marked, poorly run. The only good things about it was it was close to our timeshare, and it was easy for the kids to walk since they joined me. Otherwise, :bad:.

Lake Elizabeth golf course. First off, range balls come in beach buckets, lol!! Golf carts are covered with spider webs and dirt/dust. No grass at all and it's all dirt. A total waste of money playing there!! Never again :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunset in Odessa tx. It's a freaking dustbowl there.

Trump National,Los Angeles

Bay View golf course in Kaneohe on Oahu. Everything about it sucks!

dude i actually LOL'd
please tell me you took pics

the one where I lost 19 balls

What's the worst golf course you have ever played?

What's the worst golf course you have ever played?

1. I was once a Marine stationed in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. If you have been there in the last 20 years or so, you know that the golf course is terrible. There wasn't a pro shop or green fees. You just show up, and if you want to drive your car on the golf course, you do it. Jeeps, mopeds, VWs, whatever act as your golf cart. The ground is tough coral and scrub grass, so you carry an astroturf mat with you. When you get to your ball, you place it on the mat and hit. I tried to be a purist and play the ball down my first time playing, but I damaged my clubs, and quickly adopted the mat technique. You could join a club where you would adopt a hole, and you would be responsible for mowing the green and tee box once a week or so. Greens have tire tracks, etc. on them. The base has someone mow the "fairways" every now and then, and they burn the extreme rough once or twice per year. The "GTMO Open" was a 2 day, 36 hole event, and might be the most fun golf tournament I have ever played in. I didn't take this picture, but this should give you a general idea:
images

2. There is a course here in the Tampa area called Quail Ridge that's pretty bad. About 3 or 4 years ago we snapped this picture of what I believe was the 10th or 11th green. The green was so bad, they just put in a giant hole as if to say "Sorry, our greens are terrible, so here's a giant hole!". I think the green fees were only about $15, but it was still bad. I lost 3 balls in the fairway crabgrass.

61711098733595064406070.jpg

I forget the name of it but it was in South Jersey somewhere. Closer towards Philly. Place was a dump and there was a 4 group back up on one of the tees. When I went in to get my money back this high school girl said "I dojt know if you're aware but it takes at least 4 hours to complete a round". I told her at tje rate we were foing it would take 6. She looked at me like I had 5 heads and then I just walked out. The conditions were just as bad as the pro shop staff.

Wow, never been anywhere remotely as bad as those two!

Back