oiler3535

Reaction score
Handicap
I've searched and can't find the topic, so if I've missed it send me to it please.

I have serious issues when stuck in a slow round. Everyone (besides the slow player) is annoyed by playing slow, but I'm not just annoyed, I start playing like crap. I have focus issues. If I'm playing by myself with nobody behind me I'm okay because I'll just play an extra ball and practice around greens so I'm not waiting between shots. But when it's a busy day, and the round is going slow (i.e. regularly waiting 5 minutes or more standing at your ball waiting to shoot), how do you keep focused? I try to just keep to my pre-shot routine, but it doesn't always help.

Anybody have any secrets/tips on how to stay focused and/or regain lost focus when waiting all the time? Thanks.

Golf with a friend and chit chat. Relax and enjoy the day. Count your blessings. I also remember that standing around between shots is a lot better than the alternative (not being able to stand like my aunt who is in the end stages of MS). Thank your higher-power-of-choice that you're alive.

Honestly I have found that the less I focus on golf the better I do. Sure I focus on when I swing and pre-shot stuff but in between I just talk and sing to myself.

I just talk to whomever I'm with. I like to mess around, have chipping contests (even in the fairway or tee box) with my friends. Just do anything to take your mind off waiting.

I have a playing partner that keeps a Nerf football in his bag. We have played plenty of catch on the course.

I have a playing partner that keeps a Nerf football in his bag. We have played plenty of catch on the course.

That is a very good idea. I am going to put a small nerf ball in my bag for future use.

With my schedule I don't golf with the same people regularly. Talking only helps to a certain extent with me, and that's not much.

Back