Anybody make a better "hybrid iron set" than Adams?

mtiger10

Geaux Tigers
Reaction score
Handicap
I have been following the Adams A12OS review thread closely and I've done several searches trying to find comparisons of "hybrid iron sets." I'm sure some of the mid/high handicappers on THP play a hybrid iron set. I'm thinking of switching to this type and, quite honestly, so far I've only considered Adams (hit the V3, A7OS, and A7). Does anybody make a set that is more lightweight than Adams? What is the feel like on mishits for other sets?

Last edited:
"better" is a tough term. Because it depends on who is swinging. But there are some great hybrid sets out there.

TaylorMade SuperLaunch
Cleveland HB3

Both of these offer great forgiveness, high ball flight and incredible forgiveness.

I've mentioned that I play the HB3 set in several of my posts in the Adams thread so I am surprised you haven't seen that in there. I recommend it to anyone who has a poor iron game. The SuperLaunch didn't work as well for me but it could be because of the wrong shaft for me.

I agree with JB that "better" is very subjective. If it helps, I'm a 9.5 handicap and I love the three Adams a7OS hybrids I'm currently using.

When I bought these, I had demo'd Ping G15's, Ping K15's, a couple of Cleveland hybrids and one or two Callaway hybrids and these worked the best of them for me.

I see your points about using the term "better" so I've edited the original post. If I could figure out how to edit the thread title, I would do that also!! Lightweight and good feel similar to my current Cobra irons with vibration dampening pieces is what I'm intersted in finding? Is there any hope?!!

Sure, there are tons of iron sets out there. In fact almost every single company makes an iron set that is similar to what you are looking for. Check out the THP Demo Day review threads for some input as well as the home page for in depth reviews from our testers.

Ill have to swing my brothers superlaunch again when we go out and compare to my Adams A12os's. They both are lightweight and as everyone has mentioned very forgiving. Clevelands are also very, very good.

I've had elbow/wrist issues and after playing close to 50 holes with the Adams I felt no pain. Is that why you're looking for vibration dampening?

Try the A4 - great clubs. Better is very subjective, it is what works for you that matters.

Back