Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but I need help with a new putter. I have a Nike Ignite 001 I bought about three years ago and an Odyssey 2 ball blade. I'm finally striking the ball better, but now I'm on the green for birdies and can't finish. Don't know if it's me or my old putters. Pondering the new styles of putters but need help.

If we play again this weekend I will bring a few to try, but I would go to F'burg golf in the meantime. They have just about every putter out and a small practice green to try them on.

Sounds good. You could definitely tell though, while I still need work on consistency, the weakest part of my game was definitely putting.

Considering new irons. Currently swinging Adams A4os and though they are a nice set I don't "love" them. Wanting some GI irons that are slimmer looking at address. I guess I want to get less hybrid-y if that makes sense.

Taking the day off work tomorrow to go swing some to see what I like. Hoping to check out the Wilson Di11s and Ci9s. Also considering TM Burner 1.0s, Cobras S3s, and maybe some Callaway X22s. Not sure about uniflex shafts though (100+ mph ss).

The Ping G20 still.

Considering new irons. Currently swinging Adams A4os and though they are a nice set I don't "love" them. Wanting some GI irons that are slimmer looking at address. I guess I want to get less hybrid-y if that makes sense.

Taking the day off work tomorrow to go swing some to see what I like. Hoping to check out the Wilson Di11s and Ci9s. Also considering TM Burner 1.0s, Cobras S3s, and maybe some Callaway X22s. Not sure about uniflex shafts though (100+ mph ss).

100+ mph 6i?

The Ping G20 still.

It sure look sgreat. You're hitting it a lot?

dude if that's the case then this driver is going to be lethal....you've always cracked my K15 well when you've hit it, I suspect this would be no different for you.

I keep pondering the Ping G20 driver. It looks like it doesnt want to go right.

OEM. Do what you do best man.

I'm pondering swapping my Adams 9064LS for a Nike Machspeed Black. I find the Adams to be a bit harsh at impact and not very forgiving. Might just give it a go for a few more weeks though...

dude if that's the case then this driver is going to be lethal....you've always cracked my K15 well when you've hit it, I suspect this would be no different for you.

OEM. Do what you do best man.

There's nothing wrong with having 2 drivers, right? I agree Hanks and JB's numbers from testing were pretty darn good too. Or is it like QB's, if you have two starters you have none?

100+ mph 6i?

No, with driver.

I hit a few irons today at the local store and definitely liked the Mizuno JPX 800s the best. A bit more than I want to spend on clubs but they sure are sweet!

No, with driver.

I hit a few irons today at the local store and definitely liked the Mizuno JPX 800s the best. A bit more than I want to spend on clubs but they sure are sweet!

I think you'd definitely want your 6i ss measured along with going to a fitter. I have a 100+ mph driver ss but it didnt play any factor into my iron shaft selection.

I know I don't need one but after rolling a broom putter the thoughts are creeping into my head.

It was more comfortable then a belly and I was on line every shot.

Will be going in for an iron fitting the next couple days. The shop does fittings for Ping, Cally, TM, and Titleist... after reading all the great reviews here about the RXT and R11 I'm hoping one of the two would work just as well for me. Hit the R11's at a demo day last week and they just didn't have the right shaft for my swing...

Considering swapping out the 3i for a hybrid. Just not sure what to get that would be equivalent distance-wise.

Considering swapping out the 3i for a hybrid. Just not sure what to get that would be equivalent distance-wise.

From my experience you will pick up a short bit of yardage in the hybrid compared against the iron if lofts are the same. So, if 3 iron is say 20 degrees I would be looking for either a 20 or 21 degree hybrid.

Tappin' from my iPad!

If you're going to do a fitting, why limit yourself to just those options? I'd want to hit everything possible.

Will be going in for an iron fitting the next couple days. The shop does fittings for Ping, Cally, TM, and Titleist... after reading all the great reviews here about the RXT and R11 I'm hoping one of the two would work just as well for me. Hit the R11's at a demo day last week and they just didn't have the right shaft for my swing...

know your 3i distance and then go hit all sorts of hybrids. Whatever one gives you comparable distance with the right amount of dispersion is your winner

know your 3i distance and then go hit all sorts of hybrids. Whatever one gives you comparable distance with the right amount of dispersion is your winner

Good suggestion there and even better take your 3i to the store with you and hit it first on the LM so you are doing a true "like for like" comparison. You may hit your 3i 200 on the course and the LM says 220...then know you are looking for a hybrid that gives you 220 on the LM.

You know what, when I had the Burner 2.0 irons I loved the 3iron in that set. While hybrids are more forgiving, I found the dispersion of the 3iron to be far superior. I miss that 3iron sometimes. I would assume you would need a 21* hybrid if you were to replace it.

Good suggestion there and even better take your 3i to the store with you and hit it first on the LM so you are doing a true "like for like" comparison. You may hit your 3i 200 on the course and the LM says 220...then know you are looking for a hybrid that gives you 220 on the LM.

Didn't even occur to me to take in my 3i for a head-to-head comparison. Good idea guys, thanks!

You know what, when I had the Burner 2.0 irons I loved the 3iron in that set. While hybrids are more forgiving, I found the dispersion of the 3iron to be far superior. I miss that 3iron sometimes. I would assume you would need a 21* hybrid if you were to replace it.

The miss with the 3i is what I'm looking to avoid. When it's good...it's great! That's about 75% of the time. I just don't have a strong enough practice-ethic to go to the range and get better with it. My 3i is 21*, but I hit a 21* hybrid 10-15 yards further typically. I probably won't make any change to the 3i, but it's really tempting sometimes.

If you're going to do a fitting, why limit yourself to just those options? I'd want to hit everything possible.
I would, but the shops here in Hong Kong are generally small and don't necessary have too many models to choose from. The one I'm going to is already one of the very few in town that even does fitting for TM stuff.

I would, but the shops here in Hong Kong are generally small and don't necessary have too many models to choose from. The one I'm going to is already one of the very few in town that even does fitting for TM stuff.

I don't know if it helps but the only fitter I know of in Hong Kong (and heard great reviews of) is the Golf Corner: http://www.golfcornerhk.com/index.asp
I'm fairly sure they do Taylormade fittings along with lots of others.

I'm pondering how soon after the Oct 1st release date one can actually get their hands on a Fubuki K. Everything I've read about people using it so far makes me want it more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back