Nickent 4DX Evolver Hybrid

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High
Good morning THP, I'm back (sort of). I have a thread coming explaining my hiatus, so stay tuned for that.

My work golf tournament was on Friday and my prize for my team's third place finish was a Nickent 4DX Evolver 4 hybrid with a Aldila NV 75 shaft. I haven't been able to find much info on this club so I thought I'd pose the question to everyone here seeing as Nickent hybrids are still quite popular.

My search on the Aldila website this morning says the NV 85 shafts are low-mid launching. Is this the same for the 75? The 75 isn't listed on their website.

My other question is about the club itself. Seeing as this line is a few years old now, are there currently better hybrid alternatives out there? The Mashie comes to mind. I've had a bit of a falling out with the Rescue 11 and am pondering a more forgiving alternative. From what I've heard of the Nickent hybrids they are quite good and forgiving. Will modern technology in say 2010 or 2011 clubs be that much better for more distance for example? All thoughts are welcome, thanks THP!!

Last edited:
I still have some Nickent 4DX Hybrids (not Evolver). Since getting the Cleveland HB3's, I don't use them anymore. Haven't used any other hybrids, but since the Nickents are 2+years old, I'd say the technology has gotten a lot better.

I still have some Nickent 4DX Hybrids (not Evolver). Since getting the Cleveland HB3's, I don't use them anymore. Haven't used any other hybrids, but since the Nickents are 2+years old, I'd say the technology has gotten a lot better.

I agree smalls. The question I guess is how much better. I'm not too familiar with Nickent clubs. I'm more than willing to try the club out, but my question I guess is will I be doing myself a dis-service by using it? Are newer clubs that much better? Will a 2011 23* Cleveland, Wilson, or Adams hybrid be leaps and bounds longer or more forgiving? Or is the difference negligible?

Gonna give this one a little bump. Anybody got any info on this bad boy? Any one still playing a 4DX?

The Nickent 4DX (I dont know the Evolver), is the the best hybrid I ever hit up until this year. Then the Mashie one that crown.

If the hybrids are anything like the iron's, they may be hard to beat. I play the 4DX Pro iron's and while they are not as long as many new sets on the screen, they are still very accurate.

I think the line was bought out by Dicks, is there any chance these are from the new Dicks line?

If the hybrids are anything like the iron's, they may be hard to beat. I play the 4DX Pro iron's and while they are not as long as many new sets on the screen, they are still very accurate.

I think the line was bought out by Dicks, is there any chance these are from the new Dicks line?

No duey, those are 6DX. I think OP just got the hybrids and the Evolver driver mixed up.

No duey, those are 6DX. I think OP just got the hybrids and the Evolver driver mixed up.

Nope Smally, there is in fact a 4DX Evolver hybrid. Was set to release before the company died and in the sellout several made it out and about. Complete with CYG adapters and all.

The Nickent 4DX (I dont know the Evolver), is the the best hybrid I ever hit up until this year. Then the Mashie one that crown.

How would you compare them JB? Is the Mashie that much better?

Nope, smalls, the one I have is a 4DX Evolver hybrid. It has the port in the sole to swap out the shaft.

Nope Smally, there is in fact a 4DX Evolver hybrid. Was set to release before the company died and in the sellout several made it out and about. Complete with CYG adapters and all.

Mine doesn't have the CYG adapter. Just the plain-jane one.

Yes and no. Some were made, but it was not a production run and there were still discussions on if it would be released (according to them anyway). Most that were out were just internal models.

How would you compare them JB? Is the Mashie that much better?

Different. I prefer the C. Kua shaft of the Cleveland.

Yes and no. Some were made, but it was not a production run and there were still discussions on if it would be released (according to them anyway). Most that were out were just internal models.

Different. I prefer the C. Kua shaft of the Cleveland.

Mine has the NV 75 shaft. Any experience with that shaft JB?

You've seen my swing, do you think this would be a good club for me? Or would something like the Mashie be better in your opinion. I haven't had the opportunity to swing the Nickent yet.

Learn more every day, lol. I've always heard how great the hybrids were, but never tried one, I've always loved my Rescues too much to change.

Mine has the NV 75 shaft. Any experience with that shaft JB?

You've seen my swing, do you think this would be a good club for me? Or would something like the Mashie be better in your opinion. I haven't had the opportunity to swing the Nickent yet.

Sure. Its a very good hybrid. I would try it out.

Sure. Its a very good hybrid. I would try it out.

That was the plan. I've got a scramble on saturday with my dad. I'll be trying it then if I can't make it to the range before hand. I really like the look of it. A bit of offset and the shafts looks great.

Thanks JB, I appreciate the info. I've almost bought one several times now out of curiosity.

Thanks JB, I appreciate the info. I've almost bought one several times now out of curiosity.

Still one of my favorite hybrid heads ever created.

Nope, smalls, the one I have is a 4DX Evolver hybrid. It has the port in the sole to swap out the shaft.
Learn something new every day.

I bought a Nickent 5 hybrid and have been playing it for over a year. Love it. Regular flex shaft however so can't help you out much there...

Still one of my favorite hybrid heads ever created.

Maybe I'll jump now since I do have two C.Kua hybrid shafts in the staff bag waiting...

I've gotta stop this! lol

I bought a Nickent 5 hybrid and have been playing it for over a year. Love it. Regular flex shaft however so can't help you out much there...

Little confused by the bolded part. FWIW, I play reg flex.

Little confused by the bolded part. FWIW, I play reg flex.

Sorry, I just assumed the Aldila was a stiff flex. Just checked and I have the UST R2 shaft in reg. flex in mine and it's actually the Ironwood model 5h.

Sorry, I just assumed the Aldila was a stiff flex. Just checked and I have the UST R2 shaft in reg. flex in mine and it's actually the Ironwood model 5h.

No worries at all. I don't think there's much of a difference between the Evolver and Ironwood. At least not much visually.

No worries at all. I don't think there's much of a difference between the Evolver and Ironwood. At least not much visually.

Well, I bought this club online from Dallas Golf because I had absolutely no consistency with my 5 iron. Think I got it for $40 brand new.
I have the 5 iron still sitting in my closet even though I have learned to hit it by now because I just can't take the 5h out of my bag. I like it that much.
My friends call it my "girl club" because none of them would dare play a 5 hybrid but I could care less. In fact, I now announce "Girl Club!" everytime I pull it out of the bag.
Just yesterday we were on a 175 yd. par three with water left and right and a tight fairway. 1st buddy up with an iron - left into the lake. 2nd buddy up - right into the bayou. My turn - "Girl Club!" - front of the green with about a 15 foot putt.
I find this club to be very forgiving. Misses tend to be pushes or pulls and not hooks/slices.

Well, I bought this club online from Dallas Golf because I had absolutely no consistency with my 5 iron. Think I got it for $40 brand new.
I have the 5 iron still sitting in my closet even though I have learned to hit it by now because I just can't take the 5h out of my bag. I like it that much.
My friends call it my "girl club" because none of them would dare play a 5 hybrid but I could care less. In fact, I now announce "Girl Club!" everytime I pull it out of the bag.
Just yesterday we were on a 175 yd. par three with water left and right and a tight fairway. 1st buddy up with an iron - left into the lake. 2nd buddy up - right into the bayou. My turn - "Girl Club!" - front of the green with about a 15 foot putt.
I find this club to be very forgiving. Misses tend to be pushes or pulls and not hooks/slices.

That's great to hear. I need something forgiving.

Back