What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
48-43 on Stanford's Golf course from the Black tees (1 mulligan off the first tee). 31 putts, no 3 putts. Played the last 5 holes in +2. Really happy with my performance...
I just know it's gonna take much more consistent short iron ball-striking to get this consistently lower.
Started the day wanting to break 90 for the first time in several years. With the 48 on the front I gave that up, relaxed focused on just two driver swing thoughts ( one iron thought) and played way better on the back to almost have a go at 90. Highlight of the day was a 6i 167 to 12 feet on the par 3 17th. Perfect day and ending like the last 5 holes always puts a spring in the step.

I know what you are going through with the putting. After 44 and 42 putts in Bandon, I went back to the starting block. New putter, new grip, and new determination to be a better putter. Finally it seems to be paying off, still have off days, the putting is not good but more importantly, it is not BAD. I made the threat that if this didn't work I would get one of those broom stick putters (if they make 'em that long) I hope something clicks for you pretty soon! Just hang in there, it will happen.

Never played Bandon but we've stopped for lunch several times with the family on our way up the coast. I've putted the practice greens and I have to say 44 and 42 putts while frustrating seems easily possible on those greens (very slick).
I like a distance control drill for putting that goes something like this:
Putt one ball to a small imperfection in the green 4 ft in front of you. Pick spots in 3ft increments ahead of where each ball ends up and putt to those out to 30 feet. Start from the beginning if you don't get a ball past the previous one or more than 5ft past the previous one. Work on this before a round and you'll have really good distance control for the round from 4-30ft! If you have time do the progression to 30ft and then back down to 4 ft. With a "ladder" of balls out there on the green pick random ones and putt to those balls so you have a dynamic sense of distance rather than just developing a relative sense.
More than you asked for but I'm sure it'll bring your putting numbers down.
Good luck!

Went out for 9 holes and played the best golf of my life. I have felt like I was close for a while now and finally put it all together. Hit 6/7 fairways, 6/9 greens in regulation and averaged 1.7 Putts per hole. And the GIR's were dropping right on top of the pin. Unfortunately the two bad shots of the day cost 4 strokes and I ended up with a 40 (missed the birdie putt for a 39 by 1 ball). Still it is fun when GHIN says "This is lower than your normal scores, are you sure you want to post?"

Now I feel like I can do it which will reset my expectations and hopefully help me keep the nerves under controll the next time I realize I am even par on the 6th tee box.
Sure doesn't sound like 16.2 handicap golf! Nice going!

Just got from a mini vacation in LV. Shot a 79 at Highland Falls and 75 at Palm Valley. Course was surprisingly clean on Sunday, probably because of football.

Played yesterday and shot a disappointing 89! Ball striking was off. I think my mind was at work.

47/45 - 92 early this morning. 35 putts, but I was not thrilled with them. I was leaving everything short in the morning dew on the front 9, and then overshooting the cup on the back 9 as it dried up. I couldn't find a happy medium.

Nice round Lefty, glad to hear the putting is back to normal, I have now entered the largest funk I have been in in quite a while- 89 today with 9 3 putts. I don't know where it goes, my ball striking was pretty good to day, but the short game and putting was horrid. I will be glad when this is over.

Hey you, get it in gear. I'm depending on you to carry my butt around Old Union. :alien:

Raining here today but I shot a 42 on the back nine after work yesterday with 18 putts

I haven't had a day like today in a long time. Shot a 72....kicker is 18 pars.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I haven't had a day like today in a long time. Shot a 72....kicker is 18 pars.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Boom! Perfect Round, congrats!

I shot 81 yesterday at my course and 82 today at DawgDaddy's course. Pretty consistent with some solid ball striking, great tee balls, but my putting has been lacking. I am gaming a new spider ghost 43 inch belly putter the last three rounds and I keep pulling the thing. oh well old Johnny Miller says it takes about a 1000 rounds to get use to one of those long putters so we will see how far I get with it...... I could have had a really good round today without so many 3 - jacks!

+3 74 on the home course this Sunday ... 5 bogeys, 2 birds. Getting closer to the goal of the season to break par:)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Played 9 today with my new Vision golf balls just had to get out and test them. Since the course was pretty much deserted I played 4 balls on some holes 2 Vision, e6 and TM TP Black. I shot a 43 which is my best 9 this year I had 1 birdie 2 pars 5 bogeys and 1 +3(on a Par 3).

Shot a 79 at my home course, which is pretty good for me there. Lots of bunkers and narrow fairways. Was striking the ball pretty well today, but had 2 4-put holes that killed me.

Ole Gray...I just ordered me a 42 inch Scotty Kombi Belly Putter. Gonna give it a work out indoors this winter and hopefully game it next summer if I learn how to use it.

Had a chance today to break my nine hole record on our course over the weekend...Had an eagle putt on #9 from 12 feet for a 32 and three putted for a 34 tieing my best 9 hole round on my home course. Came back with a blistering 39 on the back for a 72. :banghead: Have yet to break even par this year and time is running out.

Hey you, get it in gear. I'm depending on you to carry my butt around Old Union. :alien:
I'm trying buddy, shot 83 today with only 2 3putts, had 3 chips actually hit the cup and not go in, at least 6 putts slid by not an inch from the hole, it could have been a very good day. I am really loving the Adams test, these clubs rock.

Ole Gray...I just ordered me a 42 inch Scotty Kombi Belly Putter. Gonna give it a work out indoors this winter and hopefully game it next summer if I learn how to use it.

Had a chance today to break my nine hole record on our course over the weekend...Had an eagle putt on #9 from 12 feet for a 32 and three putted for a 34 tieing my best 9 hole round on my home course. Came back with a blistering 39 on the back for a 72. :banghead: Have yet to break even par this year and time is running out.

Great score TFL! I really think it takes some serious practice and patience with the longer putters. I wish everyone who wants them banned, would have to play with them for one month. I think they would see it's not an automatic crutch to improve your putting skills. Just like any other club, the long or belly putter is a club you have to dedicate some serious time and effort with, to build confidence. I do think it has great potential and I hope yours works great for you. Since you are willing to put in the practice time over the winter, you may gain some huge benefits from it. Good luck to ya and keep shooting those low scores!

Shot a solid 98 today. Unreal. I'm too good at this game.
what in the hell happened?

i shot 36/45
felt really good on the first 9 but got tired/hungry/hot/frustrated on the 2nd 9

Played nine after work and had my first 2 birdie round. Had plenty of bogies to go along with it but it was still cool to have a couple nice holes.

Shot a 41 tonight in my league. Was killing the ball off the tee, and short game was great. On the other hand I couldnt hit a shot out of the fairway to save my life.

Not a great day out there today, 92

Shot a 39, that gets paired up with another crappy front 9 45 for a 84.

Had a double on the same hole again that I got one when I took my 38 this past weekend.

3 putted a whole I should have and missed a kick in putt for birdie...but hey, I'll take sub 40's any day!

74, +1. Frustrating result, I'm hitting it so flush but it's hard to get close to a lot of pins. Not many have played the course as short as I have today - cutting corners with big draws, bombing drives over bunkers and doglegs. My chipping is great and I'm stroking it beautifully - I don't think I mishit a single putt today, I'm just not finding the right line/speed. Eagled #13, a par 4 and had lip-outs for eagles on both 10 and 18.

5 hr round today behind the senior leagues last hurrah for the summer
basically just played really really long practice round
kept one ball in play and chipped around with several other balls while waiting
shot 43/42 with one ball that decided to commit suicide in the pond on 16
greens are still really bumpy from the aeration last week but i did manage to drop a long putt for birdie on 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back