Zelocity Pure Launch Pro

Perkins Rooster

Reaction score
Handicap
10.1 RCGA
Would you trust this simulator when getting fit for a set of irons? I'm not up to date on the technology side of things regarding fittings and this is what one of my local pro shops use.

thanks

Is it a simulator or Launch Monitor. I don't think I'd want to be fit on any simulator.

What's the difference? This gives you head speed, ball speed, launch, carry, etc.

Did some quick research and it is a launch monitor, not simulator, so you are good to go there.

A simulator is not nearly as accurate, usually if you go into a dicks or similar store, and just play around, it will be a simulator. If you are actually being fit a LM is usually used. I've hit the same club back to back on both, and the Simulator was showing an additional 15 yards, with a lower ball flight that is perfectly straight. The LM showed a MUCH higher ball flight (way to much back spin) that was shorter and a 15 yard fade.

I understand your point, wakerider, but there are simulators that are incredibly advanced and accurate.

I haven't seen these, but I don't doubt that you are right hawk. I haven't had much luck with simulators. And the way it was explained to me is that simulators can be manipulated to show any results the store wants, and in general are just estimating when it comes to numbers, as compared to LM's which are actually tracking the numbers. But I don't doubt that simulators are becoming more advanced.

I wouldn't put a ton of stock into a big-box sim either. I do lots of my testing on an aboutGolf sim, which is pretty advanced. It has all kinds of crazy features including pictures of the club at impact and measurements of your weight shift in addition to the standard things like ball spin, launch angle, etc. Nobody trying to sell me stuff when I use it though ;)

Would you trust this simulator when getting fit for a set of irons? I'm not up to date on the technology side of things regarding fittings and this is what one of my local pro shops use.

thanks

While I prefer other models, depending on the fitter, it should work out just fine.

I wouldn't put a ton of stock into a big-box sim either. I do lots of my testing on an aboutGolf sim, which is pretty advanced. It has all kinds of crazy features including pictures of the club at impact and measurements of your weight shift in addition to the standard things like ball spin, launch angle, etc. Nobody trying to sell me stuff when I use it though ;)

Awesome, it would be great to have my own to hit on. Have you been able to hit the same club on your sim and then on a LM to compare numbers?

I think if I had my own sim taht I trusted, I would never stop buying clubs, just to check out the numbers.

They are at a local facility here, actually. Maybe when I get rich and famous haha. All of the numbers I've seen fall right into line with what I've seen in the past.

Thanks. Unfortunately I haven't been able to locate someone in Winnipeg who uses a Trackman, which seems to be the gold standard.PR

One thing you could do is take your current club with and see how the other compares to it.

One thing you could do is take your current club with and see how the other compares to it.
Thanks Hawk, I am definitely going to do that. In fact the fitter who has this LM recommends it as he wants to see how I hit my current sticks for himself.

Back