Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how the CB's will help you gain considerable accuracy personally. I think they will cost you some money and look nice, but I don't see much else coming out of buying them.

A good golf swing gains accuracy.

I am probably just being giddy about how great they look and that is the real reason behind my pondering. Where my game is currently at I benefit more from a game improvement iron. And yes, need to work on my swing to gain more accuracy. I just like the new shiny stuff a lot!

Its tempting, I know hehe.

I am probably just being giddy about how great they look and that is the real reason behind my pondering. Where my game is currently at I benefit more from a game improvement iron. And yes, need to work on my swing to gain more accuracy. I just like the new shiny stuff a lot!

Posted via Tapatalk.

TC I think we've found out Canadian version of OEM!

I'm glad someone else has taken that torch from me heh (so is my wife...)

I am seriously considering going to Golf Galaxy and getting fitted for a complete set of Ping G15's.
Please talk me out of it!

I am seriously considering going to Golf Galaxy and getting fitted for a complete set of Ping G15's.
Please talk me out of it!

No reason to talk you out of it IMO. I love mine. My irons are actually the only clubs that I never think about replacing. I'll browse ebay for good deals on drivers or putters but I never have the urge to even hit new irons. I am extremely comfortable with my G15's.

Demo'd the R9 irons and I hot them very well, it was almost effortless. The only problem is the heads are so big I felt like I was looking down at a "toaster on a stick". Did anyone else have this feeling, buy them, and get used to it or did you end up hating to look at them?

Considering getting a new Gap Wedges except at 50*. I'm between the Mizzie MP-T11 with the DG spinners or Vokeys. Whatcha think?

Considering getting a new Gap Wedges except at 50*. I'm between the Mizzie MP-T11 with the DG spinners or Vokeys. Whatcha think?

New or old groove Vokey? Actually, it doesn't matter. I like the MPT11's quite a bit better then the Vokey's myself. Beautiful spin rates with the DG's and feel quite a bit better IMO.

If you can I would also add a couple others on your list if you can try them: xFT's, Scratch's 1018's, Jaws, V rev's and CG15's. There's a lot of good wedges out there right now, which one will come down to what you want from the bounce, look and feel. My personal favorites are the MPT11's, xFT's and the 1018's. If the xFT's had as many bounce options as Vokey's or 1018's I'd say they would be the top of the list by far.

I like tuna's list, but I would add the mpt-10 to it as well, sessy black finish.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I like tuna's list, but I would add the mpt-10 to it as well, sessy black finish.

Gorgeous looking wedge and if you can get a good deal on it, certainly not a bad pick up. Doesn't have the Spinner of the 11 though. I also found the head to be too light, it was hard for me to handle on where it was in the swing. The 11's seem to be much more head heavy and/or the balance point has been shifted lower.

Gorgeous looking wedge and if you can get a good deal on it, certainly not a bad pick up. Doesn't have the Spinner of the 11 though. I also found the head to be too light, it was hard for me to handle on where it was in the swing. The 11's seem to be much more head heavy and/or the balance point has been shifted lower.

Agreed, the weighting is something I liked a little better in the 10 over the 11. Had both in my bag last season and they are very different to me, which was my demise. Enter the trusty 588.

Regardless hit them all outside and let those results make your decision.

I've tried all on your list except the scratch's and I narrowed it to the vokeys and mizzies. I did see a really good deal on the MPT-10's ($89), but.......like you said, they don't have the spinners which is a big selling point for me. I haven't hit the MPT-10's but your comment about them being lighter makes my decision easier because I like a heavier head wedge.

SWFLA....I had two different style wedges (lighter and heavier heads) in my bag for a while and it kind of forced me to develop different wedge shots and wedge stroke when hitting them, needless to say it through me off when I matching set of wedges because my stroke was different from my earlier wedges.

I'm leaning towards the Mizzies now after everyones input. I have a feeling my new set of CB's is going to throw off my gaping with my current wedges. So I'm going to start with a Gap wedge and finish of my wedge set by mid/end of summer.

Driver R-9 killed me today hit 4 fairways ugh, After todays round i was hitting the Ping K15 really like it felt really good and smooth or was it b/c it was new to me any thought would be great thanks

Ogs I am loving the 910. Very traditional looking at setup.

Demo'd the R9 irons and I hot them very well, it was almost effortless. The only problem is the heads are so big I felt like I was looking down at a "toaster on a stick". Did anyone else have this feeling, buy them, and get used to it or did you end up hating to look at them?

Who cares what they look like, I would literally bag a toaster on a stick if it improved my golf game. If you hit them very well and they felt good what more do you need?

Well XFT's are out of the question.. just hated those damn things. I did hit the Ping Tour-S today and I really liked them, except stock they come with S300 shafts, which I did not like. I shall demo some more wedges soon. I think if I swapped the shaft out these would beat the vokeys.

Who cares what they look like, I would literally bag a toaster on a stick if it improved my golf game. If you hit them very well and they felt good what more do you need?

Im with you. We hear so many people that go to a demo day and this is too thick or too thin or too wide or too offset or too onset and they cant do this or that with it. Thank goodness none of that bothers me, I would literally go insane. I play the game based on score and score only.

I've tried all on your list except the scratch's and I narrowed it to the vokeys and mizzies. I did see a really good deal on the MPT-10's ($89), but.......like you said, they don't have the spinners which is a big selling point for me. I haven't hit the MPT-10's but your comment about them being lighter makes my decision easier because I like a heavier head wedge.

SWFLA....I had two different style wedges (lighter and heavier heads) in my bag for a while and it kind of forced me to develop different wedge shots and wedge stroke when hitting them, needless to say it through me off when I matching set of wedges because my stroke was different from my earlier wedges.

I'm leaning towards the Mizzies now after everyones input. I have a feeling my new set of CB's is going to throw off my gaping with my current wedges. So I'm going to start with a Gap wedge and finish of my wedge set by mid/end of summer.

What's your PW on the CB's? And have you looked at having the Adams bent down a degree? I'll never own another mixed set of wedges again, horrible horrible idea.

Im with you. We hear so many people that go to a demo day and this is too thick or too thin or too wide or too offset or too onset and they cant do this or that with it. Thank goodness none of that bothers me, I would literally go insane. I play the game based on score and score only.

I'm with you JB i would not care if i was swining womens clubs and shooting par

I was thinking of giving that a whirl this weekend , not big on Titleast but hey you never no what will happen , What kinda shaft you do you have on it?

Kai'li Stiff 75. Love that shaft

Debating on which driver to get...I'm torn between the TM R11 and the Cleveland SL290. I like both and felt like I hit both well. Unfortunately I was only was able to hit the cleveland into a screen and couldn't get any numbers since all the sensors are set up for righties :):shakey fist::), though I've had the R11 out at a range. decisions...decisions...

They are both great drivers, surely somewhere has at least a working sim though to compare both.

I've definitely been lusting after the R11 or SF 2.0. So have a lot of other players around me, it seems. One of them bought an R11 and mentioned I could try out his "old" SuperTri.

Hubba hubba, I make fall to the temptation of this guy - what a comfortable club for me. Much lighter feeling than the R11 I tried and I love the ease of alignment almost as much as the black on white of the R11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back