Replacing Titleist 4175 stock shafts

gapwedge

Reaction score
Handicap
I recently read a review on another site on Titleist 585 H hybrids. The reviewer stated that he replaced the shafts with a UST Proforce V2 shaft and got a slightly higher ball flight on his 17* and 21*. I've looked at the replacement chart and don't see the UST"s listed. I currently own a 19* and 24* with a stock 4175 (R) shaft and they replace my 5 wood and 4 iron.

I have a good friend that plays a 21* 585 with a stiff shaft (I think it's Adilla shaft). The stock shafts I have according to Titlleist are 76gram wt and tip .355 in (R) flex. My question is this--where can I get a .355 Proforce V2 shaft that fits my hybrids? I would probably go for a stiffer shaft aroung 80 g or take something lighter in reg flex. I like the ball flite better on the V2's.

I would fitst be sure that is the correct shaft for you. If it is and you do your own club work, you could try Golf Works and/or Golfsmith first. The OEM may have a link on their site to locate a dealer.

Thanks for your input Hooiser, and yes the V2 works for me because I was fitted for it back in 2007 on my previous 905 R driver. I know of the shafts characteristics with a low bend point and thast helps me launch it higher.

UST doesn't make the .355 tip anymore with the V2. I'd either see what you could find on the bay as 585's with V2's pop up a fair bit or shoot an email to UST's support team. They're pretty good at directing people to somewhere that can help.

Finally I have heard of people who obtained the .370 shaft and sanded it down to fit the .355 parallel requirement.

Thanks Hooiser and Tuna, you both helped a lot and I think I've found the right guy and shafts. Called Golfworks and they initially saidm I could special order the shafts in .355 taper, they should have talked to Tuna because after spending 20 minutes with them, they realized UST does'nt make them. Sooo, I got on the Bay and found a site with great numbers 100% and started e-mailing back and forth. Turns out the guy suggested doing what Tuna said and we now have a great price and I feel good about the installer as well.

Thanks again guys, this is a great site and always enjoy meeting new folks every time I'm on. Just today I met a guy from my old home town and we had sisters and brothers attend the same hs and we both know lots of the same people. Such a small world when you think about it. Gap

Excellent! I'm glad you found someone who could make it happen. I haven't done this sort of install myself, but a club builder I use for tricky work does it all the time and says it's a breeze, if a slightly time consuming one, with the 585's.

Yeah, thanks again Tuna. I really like my 585's, I got the 17 and 21* too, but I only put them in the bag early spring when I'm just starting the season. This guy I found has done over 100 of these 585's and has excellent reviews. Great pricing as well.

Back